Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 3:28 am

Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Downlo14

Blue eyes opened slowly, then widened at the sight of starlit plains. "Echolight? Darksong?" She called, sitting up. Her eyes looked around, yet she saw no cat. Deciding to walk around, she padded to the edge of a starry pond. Bushes trembling caught her attention and she turned her head. "Hello? Is any cat there?" She called softly, pale cream pelt smooth. As a dark, almost black, lithe body slithered from the bush, however, her fur bushed up. An adder. Softcloud was unable to back up further, trapped between a snake and a lake.

Oh stars, is this how it'll end? She thought, mind panicking. The adder moved quick and fast, though she noticed something peculiar. It had juniper berries in its fangs. "What in the name of StarClan.." She murmured, and her eyes grew wide as saucers as the snake proceeded to wrap itself around her paw. The last thing she remembered was the snake looking up at her, juniper berries gleaming in its teeth.

Panting, Softcloud frantically sat up, looking around madly. There were no adders. She was surely in StarClan territory. She'd seen that mystical lake before. So what had the dream meant? An adder... With herbs... Around her paw... Herbs, Adder, paw... Of course! Medicine cats used herbs to heal, and Adderpaw was an apprentices name! Was there an Adderpaw in RiverClan? Adderflight was a senior warrior of WindClan, but there was no way he would become a medicine cat. Oh, there was an Adderpaw! Wolfstorm's new apprentice! Her name was Adderpaw!

Elated, Softcloud hurried from her den, rushing to the Apprentices' Den. "Adderpaw? Adderpaw, I need a word with you. It's urgent; I'm the temporary medicine cat here." She called, tail twitching with excitement.

OOC: feel free to have Adder have had a dream! Once Adderpaw agrees, we'll time-skip to the next day, where we'd go to Highstones!
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 5:56 am

Usually, Adderpaw found her sleep completely dreamless. She'd expected nothing different when she settled into her nest for the night, shutting her eyes and welcoming the empty slumber as she always had. It seemed everything was going to remain normal, until she woke up with a jolt- among the stars, at that. It took a moment to push down the feelings of panic rising in her chest that were soon replaced with wonder. What was she doing here? After taking a couple of steps forward, she noticed a light cloud of fog making it's way towards her, being pushed along by the slight breeze... It began to curl around her paws, climbing slowly up her legs and shoulders. She tried to shrug it off, to figure out what she was doing here...

Before she even had a chance to comprehend what was going on, she heard Softcloud calling her name, pulling her from her eerie dream. Groaning, she got to her paws, blinking and stretching to wake herself up. "What is it?" She asked groggily, wondering why her status in the Clan mattered at all.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 1:41 pm

"Sorry to wake you, but, like I said, it's important. Follow me to my den, we can talk there." Softcloud mewed quietly, excitement brimming in her pale blue eyes. With an urgency guiding her paws, she swiftly walked to the Medicine Den in which she'd gotten accustomed to. Off and on she'd switched between WindClan and RiverClan, grateful she didn't have her own apprentice yet, and that the two Clans were close together.

Once they'd arrived, she pushed aside a couple ferns, allowing moonlight to enter into the dark den. Sweeping the floor with her slow-fading tail, she sat down, neatly wrapping her tail over her paws, inviting Adderpaw to join her. "I've had a dream from StarClan." Softcloud announced, tone solemn. "But before I tell you, I have but one question. Have you had any, I don't know.. Odd dreams?" The pale molly inquired, looking at Adderpaw with a growing seriousness in her gaze.
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2020 12:23 am

Adderpaw's gaze was still filled with tendrils of trepidation and sleepiness, her black fur glistening in the moonlight as she followed Softcloud to the Medicine Den. A dream? That was certainly... Interesting. It was totally a coincidence, though- it didn't mean anything. Besides, her dream hadn't been... odd, in any way. Surely it was a completely normal dream. "No." She said surely, maintaining eye contact with the older she-cat. "Let's get on with it, then."
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 4:46 am

A sharp intake of breath. Very well, let's get on with it indeed. Adderpaw was right, the night was wasting away, and for the medicine cat, sleep was precious. "As I'm sure you know, Cottonkit, the kit I was going to train, was taken away by an eagle. As such, StarClan has sent me a dream to tell me who I should train in his place. I believe I have deciphered the dream they have sent me." Softcloud paused, hesitating.

The dream had been clear, it's meaning obvious. She was not wrong. So why was she hesitating? Fear? Perhaps. She did not want this young cat to end up as Cottonkit did. Whatever the case, she could not stall any longer. "In my dream, I was in StarClan territory. I was all alone, but then the bushes shook, and an adder slithered out. It was dark colored, and when it approached, it had healing berries-- juniper, to be exact-- piercing it's fangs. Instead of attacking me, it simply wrapped itself around my paw gently, as if scared to hurt me." Softcloud paused, looking at the apprentice, letting her take in the information.

"Adderpaw, I believe StarClan wishes you to be a medicine cat. I know this is sudden, but, do you accept? You may never have a mate, nor kits, and you shall dedicate your life to healing. It can be lonely at times, but StarClan, and your fellow Medicine Cats, will be with you always. Do you think this is a life you could live? StarClan can send prophecies, but it's up to us if we follow them. It is your life, Adderpaw. Do what you will with it."
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Adderpaw resisted the urge to sigh in relief when the medicine cat finally started speaking, thankful that she hadn't when Softcloud began talking about the surely dead kit she was meant to train. "Yes, and it's quite horrible. What's it got to do with me, though? Do you need help choosing your new apprentice or something? I'm honored, truly, but maybe you should ask Lichenstar or even Wolfstorm, I'm sure they'd be happy to h-" Adderpaw stopped talking when Softcloud mentioned the presence of an adder in her dream, effectively silenced. Now, she sat with her tail curled over her paws, listening to what Softcloud had to say.

"Either StarClan is mistaken or you are, Softcloud. You sound crazy, you know? I'm training under Wolfstorm to be a warrior, you know that." Adderpaw thought back to the dream she'd received, kneading her paws anxiously on the ground. She sighed in frustration, her tail tip twitching in annoyance. She was already accustomed to fighting and hunting like a warrior, so what would be the point in training as a medicine cat... It sounded quite boring anyway. "Why would StarClan say something now, rather than before I became a warrior's apprentice!" Her bright yellow eyes were fuming, but she reminded herself to take deep breaths- what if StarClan was right? What if this was the right path for her, not that of a warrior? "Whatever, I accept. But you should know that StarClan is quite dumb for not making up their minds sooner. I'm already half a warrior, for Riverstar's sake!"
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 2:23 am

"StarClan aren't perfect; they are cats just like us. Death does not suddenly grant them the wisdom of ten elders, but they are wise. Fighting skills will come in handy, predators won't stray away from you simply because you are a healer." Softcloud mewed, thinking back to the time a fox had attacked her and another she-cat, Fernstep, Fernpaw, at the time. "But, I thank you for accepting. I hope I can be a good mentor to you. Now, you should go and rest, tomorrow will be a long day."

And with that, Softcloud dismissed her to a good night of rest, giving the she-cat one final smile.

OOC: Would you like a time-skip to Highstones, or shall we RP them walking there?

Softcloud called out to Adderpaw around Sunhigh, pushing a herb parcel towards her. "These are travelling herbs, sorrel, daisy, chamomile, and burnet. They'll stave off hunger and provide strength." Softcloud explained, waiting for Adderpaw to lap them up. "We'll be going to Highstones now, where you'll meet StarClan yourself."
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 3:56 am

With a grunt, Adderpaw got up and made her way back to the apprentice's den, likely for the last time. So... Perhaps her dream had meant something.

ooc; for time purposes, i think a time skip would be best

When Adderpaw opened her eyes, it took her a moment to recall the events that had taken place last night. It was mostly the sound of Softcloud's voice outside the den that caused her to remember, and then the vivid recollection of the dream she'd had. Pushing herself to her paws, she allowed herself a few seconds to stretch and fully wake up before padding outside to where Softcloud pushed a bundle of herbs toward her. "I'm not even a medicine cat yet, and you're already trying to teach me these things? Geez, I thought I'd be able to enjoy these last few moments as a warrior's apprentice, but I guess not." Lapping up the herbs, she forced herself to maintain a straight face despite the bitter taste. "I'm ready to go." She uttered, looking to Softcloud to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Alrighty! Sorry for the late reply! ^^;

Softcloud nodded to the younger she-cat, and thus, began the long trek towards Highstones. Having travelled this route before, the medicine cat knew just how hard it was the first time around. Now, though, her legs didn't scream at her the same way they did the first couple times. In fact, she'd go as far to say that they'd gotten rather used to all the walking she did, going from WindClan to RiverClan and back. She certainly didn't mind it; she'd learn to fit ot quite well in RiverClan, actually.

Soon enough, they'd made it. Now, only one thing stood between them; a long, dark tunnel. Stars, Softcloud hated that dark tunnel. It terrified her, the eerie darkness, the isolated tunnel, in a straight shot to the glistening glow of the Moonstone. Taking a deep breath, she prepped herself, head high, her tail whisking Adderpaw along. You can do this, it's nothing new. You've done it several times, she told herself, but the thought did little to ease her discomfort.

Then, suddenly, the darkness disappeared, and was replaced with the most beautiful, stunning light any eyes had ever seen. The Moonstone. "StarClan, you have chosen me to guide RiverClan in healing as you selected the next healer, and as such I have. With your guidance, I present to you, Adderpaw of RiverClan. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat, and will dedicate her life to healing all who need it. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan to the best of her ability. You earned your apprentice name as a warrior, and now you shall do the same as a medicine cat. From this moment on, until you earn your full title as a medicine cat, you shall remain Adderpaw. May StarClan light your path with their strength, and pass their knowledge through you. Lay down, now, and touch your nose to the stone. I'll be right behind you."

He should have been used to being called upon by Softcloud's heart by now, and annoyance briefly crossed his yellow eyes. Deep down, he truly cared for the medicine cat, but he'd never show it. Tonight, however, was different. He would meet not just with Softcloud, but with young Adderpaw.

He was a huge black tom, a sleek and shiny pelt, and although tall, he was slender with wide shoulders. He had a smushed face and bright yellow eyes. One ear had a tear at the top, and scars decorated his pelt. One would not suspect a healer of him, but a healer he was in life. He'd worn the name of Midnight Songs and Darksong, and though he preferred the ladder, he'd never forget the tribe cat he was born as.

Echoing Light walked beside him. Echolight had been his sister in life, and the graceful way she carried herself couldn't have been more different from her brother, he's gsit was slouched and low. Her silver pelt was delicately decorated with gray, and her friendly yellow eyes were round with kindness. She had one scar, on her left paw. She had white paws and tail tip, starlight glimmering around her dainty paws, sparkling like mist on dewy grass.

"Hello, 'kit." He mowed in a gruff voice peering down at the apprentice while standing over her. "So you've got what it takes to be a medicine cat, do ya? Hah! Don't be fooled by your mentor's softness; we're not all as gentle as we seem." Straighening up to his full height, he could easily how knocked her over with a single paw. "My name is Darksong. I was the first medicine cat of WindClan." the black tom introduced himself.

The graceful she-cat stepped forward. "I am Echolight, his sister. We've come to welcome you to StarClan." Her voice was soft and sweet, a stark contrast from that of her brother.

"Adderpaw, the road you will walk is dark and lonely. There will be cats you cannot heal and some that you can but still aren't able to save. There is nothing in this world like helping a birthing queen, or healing wounds with plants. You will never have a mate, and you will never be a mother in the traditional sense. The entire Clan will be your kits, and you must learn to love each abd every one of them, no matter how they get on your nerves. Never turn away a cat in need. If you can help them, than do so. If you cannot, bring them to someone who can."

"Good luck, little one, and don't forget that StarClan is always watching over you, no matter how dark times my seem. Hold fast to your beliefs, and find strength in your fellow medicine cats. It's time to go now, but don't forget; you won't ever be alone."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1