Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Wolfstorm’s Leader Ceremony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
deer

deer

Wolfstorm’s Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Wolfstorm’s Leader Ceremony   Wolfstorm’s Leader Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 12:15 am

Wolfstorm rose, taking a deep breath. He would be making a far trek tonight, one he hadn’t traveled since he was an apprentice. But things within Riverclan had changed. Lichenscale had retired to the warrior’s den, leaving the deputy to lead the clan. It was funny, how little the tom had been a true warrior. Due to the lack of cats in the clan, he had been given his position shortly after earning his new name. He was suddenly assigning patrols after just being thrust onto a few. It was daunting, being in charge. All responsibility fell to him. Of course, he would have a deputy, and he had a pretty clear picture of who that would be, but it was still a huge change. But it also felt exciting. Many young kits dreamed of being leader, and now, he would be one. Wolfstar. It sounded very intimidating, like a strong regal leader. Sort of like Lightningstar.

Wolfstorm stood, starting to walk the journey. He had eaten his herbs, and they didn’t sit quite right as his stomach churned. He had heard tales of leader ceremonies, but Starclan knows how incorrect those most likely were. Most stories were a bit exaggerated, after all. He knew that cats would talk to him, grant him lives. Who those cats were, what they would say? The fluffy tom had no clue. But having nine lives, knowing he could come back once he died was reassuring. He hoped he wouldn’t lose many of them before his retirement. Or his untimely death. It was quiet, except for the soft chirping of birds. He was in disturbed by predators, as if they knew the importance of what was happening. Finally, he reached the tunnel he had walked down once before. He paused outside. Was this really what he wanted? But his heart knew the answer.

Closing his eyes for a moment and reopening them, Wolfstorm stepped inside the cave. His pawsteps echoed as he tread towards the Moonstone, the glowing rock he had seen once. It was beautiful still, and he was mesmerized for that second. Laying down, he touched his nose to the cold, hard rock and fell asleep.

Waking up, he stretched out his legs, and found himself in Starclan. At least, he assumed that was where he was.

Are you ready, Wolfstorm?

It wasn’t quite a voice, but a whispering inside his mind, hundreds of voices speaking in unison. After a pause, the deputy answered.

"Yes."

You will change tonight, loose your old identity forever. Are you willing to accept this fate?

It sounded awfully daunting, but there was no turning back now.

"I am."

Through the mist, a figure started to approach the deputy, and his heart started to speed. As the starry cat emerged, he recognized his father. "Hello, Wolfstorm." he greeted, eyes shining. Wolfstorm grinned. "Dad!" It was amazing to see the tom again, after moons of being apart. "Wolfstorm, being a leader has many responsibilities, and you will be very busy. But you must remember your family, and keep them in your heart through everything. With this life I give you the gift of love, and love your clan like you love your family. Breezefang mewed.

Wolfstorm felt a jolt as the life was given to him, like he had gained the tiniest more strength. When he looked back, his father was gone, and in replace were his siblings. "Wolfstorm!" They exclaimed in unison. The tom smiled. It was eerie seeing his siblings still so young, while he had grown so old, but they had the wisdom of the stars already. Featherkit stepped forward first. "Wolfstorm, it’s so great to see you again. Being a leader will be hard, so remember to work hard, even when things get tough. With this live I give you perseverance."

Dovekit spoke next. ”Hey big brother! I want you to remember that even if it doesn’t seem like it, every cat is going through something, and they all deserve love. With this life I give you kindness." concluded the small she-cat, and the deputy felt another shiver run down his spine.

Last was Stormkit, his brother. The tom bounced up to Wolfstorm, who looked large and old enough to be his father. ”Heyo, Wolfy! This is so cool that you are gonna be leader, and I’m super proud. I know it’ll be scary, but you’ll get through it! With this life, I give you bravery." The three kits began to fade, and he gave one last wave to them, not knowing when he would see them again.

Four down, five to go. The next cats to greet them wouldn’t be his family, and it was a bit more daunting. He waited for the next visitor to emerge.
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Wolfstorm’s Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfstorm’s Leader Ceremony   Wolfstorm’s Leader Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 am

The next cat was one that Wolfstorm had never seen before, and he wasn’t quite sure who she were until they started to speak. "I am Riverstar. You never met me, but I was the first leader of Riverclan. I approve of Lichenscale’s deputy choice." The deputy was in awe that he was meeting the Riverstar, a cat he had heard so many tales about. ”With this life, I give you the grace for which cats of our clan are so known." He braced himself for the swell he would feel next, and tried to take it with as much grace as he could, to impress Riverstar.

A lithe, silver cat with a short pelt trotted up towards the deputy, who was feeling stronger with every life given. "Greetings, Wolfstorm. I’m Swanstep. I was a one of the first warriors  of Riverclan. I was a kittypet until I got a dream, and I followed it. It was hard to change from the life I had known, and there will be many changes that you will experience. With this life I give you the gift of adaption, so you may thrive with changes." His vision blurred, feeling dizzy as the red she-cat faded from his view. This was the worst pain yet, and he was scared for what would come next.

As Swanstep walked away, a large-framed cat brushed past. His voice was gruff, like the wind during a storm. [color=#663333"Hello, kitten."[/color] The tom was obviously older than Wolfstorm, his muzzle and pelt dappled with grey. "I’m Rock that Tumbles down Cliff. I was a Tribe cat that tried to travel to the clans, but I didn’t make it all the way. I was well-respected in the tribe, and I was trusted. With this life I give you the gift of authority, so that your clan will heed your call." The burst of irritation was short and sharp, like a thousand needles. But after, the tom stood a little taller, with his head held higher than before.

A young looking cat skidded pass Rock that Tumbles down Cliff, seemingly afraid of him. He looked up, towards the deputy, and he reminded Wolfstorm of one of his children. "Uh, hi! I’m Leafpaw. I was a Thunderclan cat, died in the Great Battle. I was scared, but I fought anyway. Er, with this life I give you sensibility, so that you may make good decisions for your clan."  Leafpaw finished, watching in concern as the deputy’s face twisted for a moment in pain. But he recovered quickly. Wolfstorm smiled at Leafpaw, and the young apprentice flashed him a grin before letting the last Starclan cat speak to the gray deputy.

The last cat was a she-cat with a brown tabby pelt. Her voice was soft a melodic as she spoke. "Hello, I’m Bird that chirps Song. I was a Tribe cat that chose to stay behind. With this final life, I give you strength to endure the hardships you’ll face over these seasons."  This was the worst life, and the tom assumed it would change him the most. It was like he was carrying a thousand boulders on his back, and he had such a strong urge to make it stop, to quit, to go home. But already the gift of perseverance from earlier helped him, and he thought of his siblings through the last wave of injury.

When he opened his eyes again, he felt no pain, only a strange sensation which he couldn’t describe at the time, and never could after. It was a beautiful feeling, one he wished every cat could experience. The cats he had visited were gone, but soon their voices filled the air.

Wolfstorm, you have received nine lives and are now a leader. To gain this title, you must give up your old name, your old rank. Now, you are Wolfstar, leader of Riverclan.

Wolfstar exhaled, feeling as light as a feather. He had done it! He had made it through. The world swirled around him as his time in this place drew to a close. Standing up back in the world of the living, he started his journey home, with the new gifts he had earned.
Back to top Go down

Wolfstorm’s Leader Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: Clan Ceremonies :: RiverClan Ceremonies-
Jump to: