Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?

Go down 
3 posters

name that bby
Larkspurfur
Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_lcap18%Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Betula(something)
Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_lcap18%Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Rosehipnose
Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_lcap9%Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Chamomilebud/flower
Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_lcap27%Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Bluebell(something)
Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_lcap27%Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Empty
PostSubject: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 9:45 am

The newest daughter to my ever-expanding army of femalines
These are all plant names
Back to top Go down
Ice
site moderator
site moderator
Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 am

Hey! Several of these names (Larkspurfur, Bluebell___, Rosehipnose) are not valid names for they are already compound words (two words put together).

Now, if you wanted to make names such the examples bellow, those are allowed!

Larkkit → Larkspur
Bluekit → Bluebell
Rosekit → Rosehip

<3 Staff
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 11:57 am

Hi staff! I've previously asked if these prefixes were valid in the help-desk, and got the okay for all of them.
Back to top Go down
Ice
site moderator
site moderator
Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 12:08 pm

Hm, I see. Just found where staff was chatting with you about the names on Discord and it looks like it wasn't a definite approval as far as the names you chose here. I believe Kitty meant to approve them as full names like I said above, but the long ones (aka 3 words put together) are still a no-go. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 pm

I'm not trying to be rude, but, you yourself asked if they would all be prefixes. I replied yes. Kitty chimed in that she didn't see an issue, just to keep an eye on length, which implied both prefix and suffix. At the end she says you could maybe get creative and have a few be their full names, which implies again Kitty was aware they would all be prefixes, then again only Kitty can confirm or deny that. You then replied again that as they are all plants in the region, it would be fine. I then mentioned the name Larkspurfur, to which Kitty only remarked it rhymed. Afterward you wished me luck in choosing. This is pretty clearly a yes. I even mention them later in Discord chatbox, same as here, with apricot-, and only apricot- was deemed invalid.

Also, -bell and -spur wouldn't be valid suffixes as a bell is a twoleg item and the only spur I can think of are the ones of cowboy boots. If there was an issue with them before, it wasn't properly addressed, and/or discarded. May I also mention all of the above fit with the new prefix rule of 3 or less syllables. Bluebellkit is also the name of a canon ShadowClan kit, a white she-cat.
Back to top Go down
Ice
site moderator
site moderator
Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 12:37 pm

In our defense, you were told to ask Seer (the admin) on a "for sure" answer, which you apparently didn't according to Seer. While Kitty and I were giving our input, admin's word is law and final decisions such as this should be made by them

Seer's message to you about sending her which names you wanted to use: http://prntscr.com/v2pu1h
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 12:59 pm

That message was about the Apricot- prefix, not the others. I asked about apricot- nearly thirty minutes after the rest, I believe, as I saw it later after the others. I'm not trying to blame anybody, all I'm saying is staff should be more clear, saying yes at one point and no a month later about the same exact thing is enough to frustrate anybody. Also, whilethis may seem petty to call out, and I'm not trying to offend you, Valerianroot and Alfalfatuft's names are 12 characters and 11 characters long each, and the longest name I have suggested is Chamomileflower, in which I lean more towards -bud anyways.

It seems a bit hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Seer
site admin
site admin
Seer

PostSubject: Re: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 2:26 pm

Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Lol10

Once again referencing this screenshot, you were given direct instructions to contact me about all of the prefixes you were suggesting and the confusion some were causing, Stormy.

I did not receive a ping on discord in response to this inquiry. I did not receive a follow up direct message on discord in response to this inquiry. I did not receive a private message on the site in response to this inquiry. As far as I'm aware, you never even followed up in the Staff help section of the server.

Stormy wrote:
I'm not trying to blame anybody, all I'm saying is staff should be more clear, saying yes at one point and no a month later about the same exact thing is enough to frustrate anybody.
The immediate follow-up to the confusion regarding the prefixes was to contact me to discuss whether or not things were okay- this message on my behalf was sent the very same day that the initial conversation happened, only a few hours later. Furthermore, you were never given a definitive yes or no. You were simply asked to message me so we could review the purposed prefixes together and go through which were acceptable according to how my Staff views the current naming system. Do not say you were told that you were given approval, because that is simply not true; you were asked to talk to me about the names that you were interested in, and you did not do that.

If there is a lack of clarity, especially on behalf of moderators, then you simply ask an administrator. It cuts out the middle-man and gives an absolute answer by the end of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?   Name? What Name? Who's name? Name? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name? What Name? Who's name? Name?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: Off Topic :: Chatterbox-
Jump to: