Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony

Go down 
+2
FireDaisy
Aurornis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aurornis

Aurornis

SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 5:26 am

(OOC: I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SOOO LONG!!!)

The air of Leafbare was freezing cold.
Silverstar was ill and had to step down. Now, she, Leopardspot, would name a new deputy for SkyClan, and then go to the Moonstone to receive nine lives. Leader of SkyClan. It felt almost unreal. She thought she was almost overwhelmed by the responsibility. But she had to handle it.
She lept onto the High Ledge and scanned her clanmates. Honestly, she was not the most decisive cat of her clan. She equally distrusted everyone, to be exact. They were fine warriors, but could they handle things well? Her mind would not be at rest until she herself took things over.
But there would have to be a deputy anyway. Just in case she died an untimely death. She almost chuckled at this thought. Raising her head, she let out a loud cry.
"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the High Ledge for a clan meeting!"

Last edited by Aurornis on Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 5:50 am

dovepaw padded out of the apprentice den after hearing a meeting be called. She quietly padded towards and sat down next to brightpaw, wondering what the meeting was for.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 1:44 pm

Breezebranch, one of the oldest warriors in Clan (which was a bit unnerving, as she was still very young), had just come back from a patrol with Briarshine and Mudpaw. She heard Leopardspot's call and internally sighed. Silverstar had been a lifelong friend of hers, as they were the same age, and his sickness was getting worse and worse. Every cat knew that one morning they'd wake up and there be one more star in the sky. And still, life carried on. "It's probably a deputy ceremony," She mused, noting it was around the time Leopardspot should visit StarClan.

"Momma, who do you think Leopard will choose?" Mudpaw asked, bouncing on her toes around her mother. Breezebranch hummed in reply and shrugged, "And how would I know, little one?" Her voice was a purr as she affectionately licked her daughter's head. "Now, turn around and pay attention. And for the love of StarClan, be quiet!"

Mudpaw pouted, and stuck her tongue out. "But, Momma-!" All protests were cut short as Breezebranch swatted her tail over her mouth, and Mudpaw wrinkled her nose, once more sticking her tongue out, before giggling. Her bright orange eyes turned back to look at Leopardspot and she wished the she-cat would hurry up already!

Last edited by Stormy on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 2:21 pm

Brightpaw looked up from where she'd been sunning herself on a smooth patch of stone, trying to get as much warmth as she could get. At Leopardspot's, soon to be Leopardstar's, call she settled herself below the High Ledge, blinking warmly at Dovepaw as her friend joined her.

Poppydawn jerked awake from her nervous slumber. Ever since Silverstar had fallen ill and Leopardspot had stepped up to lead, the orange tabby had been on edge. Silverstar had been the leader her entire life. Yes, she was certain her clanmate would be a fine leader but- The niggling fear of change and the unknown gnawed at her belly nonetheless. This'll be naming the new deputy. Has to be. Before she goes to the Moonstone. Clambering to her paws, the molly padded out of the warrior's den. Her instincts screamed to run until everything went back to how it was but she stamped it down, only betraying her nerves with the twitching of her whiskers.
Back to top Go down
AirJordanz

AirJordanz

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 11:48 pm

With the leaves on the trees long gone, there was little to filter the wind passing through SkyClan camp.

Dandeliondapple deposited a skinny mouse onto the fresh-kill pile, having been hunting with some other cats just moments before. As was to be expected of the season, prey was not running well. But such was life. What else was part of their daily struggle was the passing of leadership. Like most of SkyClan, she'd heard of Silverstar's illness. That likely meant a new cat would become deputy to the up-and-coming Leopardspot. When she heard the yowl of summons, she moved from the fresh-kill pile over to where the seating for the High Ledge was. If she was right, this was the moment when someone would become deputy.

Who would it be? The cat beside her, or the one furthest from her? There were just too many things to consider, so she consigned herself to waiting for the answer.
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 3:37 am

Leopardspot took another deep breath. Her heart raced as cats began to gather underneath the High Ledge. This would be a hard decision to make. She would not have dreamed of this day, naming a new deputy for SkyClan, as its leader-to-be.
"Cats of SkyClan, I stand here now as your deputy. As you may know, Silverstar has fallen very ill and is unable to carry on the duties as leader. I am here to announce his official decision to retire, and I thank him for the many moons he served as leader of SkyClan. I myself am setting out for the Highstones very soon, to speak with our ancestors and receive my nine lives. Before I leave, I must appoint the new deputy of SkyClan." She paused, looking down at her clanmates. Yes, they were all fine warriors, and yet she trusted no one. But she had to make a decision anyway. She needed to find a cat to trust with SkyClan. A cat that could care for SkyClan well.
"I say these words before StarClan, that the spirits of our ancestors may hear and approve my choice. The new deputy of SkyClan will be Breezebranch. "
As she finished her words, she lept down from the High Ledge to congratulate the new deputy.

Last edited by Aurornis on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 3:48 am

Breezebranch's green eyes went wide. Me..?  It was a wise choice, Breezebranch was older, experienced, and had trained several apprentices. "I-I-- thank you, Leopardspot. I'm honored to serve as your deputy." Dipping her head, the tortoiseshell padded forward.

Mudpaw jumped up and down, ecstatic. "Momma, momma! You're gonna be deputy!" Her orange eyes were ablaze with excitement, and she turned and slammed into the nursery. "Lily, Lily! Did you hear that? Momma's gonna be deputy!"

Last edited by Stormy on Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 5:06 am

"Congratulations Breezebranch!" Brightpaw called, eyes shining as she looked over to the new deputy. Her mentor had made a great choice!

When Leopardspot named Breezebranch the new deputy, Poppydawn let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. The tortoiseshell she-cat was an experienced, older warrior. A fine pick for deputy. Her anxiety settled slightly though likely wouldn't be totally at ease until everything reached a new normal. The lithe tabby padded over to congratulate her, "Congratulations, I'm sure you'll do wonderfully as deputy."
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 8:02 am

Amberpaw lazily lifted her head at Leopardspot's call. A deputy ceremony? She knew Silverstar did several, but she really didn't pay attention to those. She slowly got up onto her paws, padding out. She sat down next to Breezebranch, wrapping her tail around her paws. Breezebranch was the only cat, Amberpaw felt cared about her. She tuned out, not giving a care. They didn't care about her.

"Momma, momma! You're gonna be deputy!"

Amberpaw jumped up at Mudpaw's mewling. She turned her head towards her aunt, and softly realized, Oh, Breezebranchs' deputy. She turned her head towards Breezebranch. "Congrats Grandma." She softly meowed.

Hailstorm had been watching the ceremony, hoping that the same Leopardspot said, would be his.

The name she said instead was Breezebranch's.

His eyes slitted for a moment. A familar feeling struck him. The feeling of jealously, and being pushed away. His eyes dilated back, as he padded towards his former mentor. "Congrats." He said, absently. Was he not a good enough warrior? He thought becoming one would be enough. I'll have to work even harder then. He thought.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 11:42 am

Soon enough her Clanmates gathered around to congratulate her, and Breezebranch felt slightly embarrassed by their praise. "Thank you Brightpaw! You as well, Poppydawn." She mewed gently, and head-butted Poppydawn softly. She knew the younger warrior was anxious about change; Breezebranch had to admit herself she wasn't the fondest of such changes as leadership. Don't worry, Poppydawn. I'll try to make sure nothing changes too drastically.

Amberpaw blinked up at her, and Breezebranch felt a wave of sadness crash over her. Her poor grandkit had lost so much... Her father.. Her siblings... "Thank you, Amberpaw. I'll always be here for you if you need me, okay darling?" She licked Amberpaw's cream head, thinking how strikingly similar she looked to Lionflame.

Then her former apprentice approached her, and she was shocked by the coldness in his eyes. "I-- thank you, but, Hailstorm, are you feeling well?" Her green eyes were soft as she approached the white tom, giving Amberpaw a glance of apology. Was.... Was Hailstorm jealous of her? Surely not! He must just be I'll, she reasoned, why would any cat be envious of her? She placed her tail along Hailstorm's back and bumped his shoulder with affection. "I hope whatever's troubling you passes soon."
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 6:13 am

OOC: edited the last post a bit because it's a bit short

"Congratulations," Leopardspot padded up to the new deputy, as she meowed in an earnest tone, "I will leave for the Highstones tomorrow. Take care of our clan while I am not here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony    SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SkyClan's Deputy Ceremony
Page 1 of 1