Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

User-Run CC Shops

Go down 
+2
Stormy
Silver Ink
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Ink
Smiling Advocate
Smiling Advocate
Silver Ink

Leo Pig

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 3:17 am

A little idea that popped up in my head, what if we as users could actually buy and sell things we create for CC in the site?

For example:

"User 1 is an artist, User 2 isn’t. User 2 wants art of their cat but can’t draw it themselves. User 1 has an art shop with either adoptables or custom art, and is looking to gather enough CC to [Insert reason they might want CC here]. User 2 commissions the art from User 1, and the exchange happens."

Those users wanting to open a shop would be able to do so based on their own abilities. They could be plot creators (Pre-mades or Custom to fit an already existing cat), character creators (For all of us that create more cats than we can handle), story-writers for cat backgrounds, template coders/editors….anything that could catch one’s eye. Who knows? Maybe those that get paid more than they can spend could open some kind of raffle/giveaway of CC for those that do need it.

This would not only open more CC earning options for users in the site, but it would also encourage activity to earn the CC needed to buy these goodies.

The only downside I can think of, is the need of mods to constantly keep track of transactions between these shops, unless they find a way to either make it automatic, or assign "Trade Mods" Specifically dedicated to this kind of duty.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 4:11 am

I absolutely ADORE this idea, Ink! <3333
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 4:25 am

This is a great idea! And I am always looking for more cc, and this could be an interesting way to earn it!
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 4:47 am

I love getting art and I soon will have way to much cc so this will be awesome
Back to top Go down

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 4:09 pm

ffffvvvvvvbbb

Last edited by guest king on Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 1:10 pm

Was this ever officially approved?
Back to top Go down
Wraith

Wraith

Virgo Rooster

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 1:26 pm

I'm not fond of this because it only benefits people who are talented. If you have zero skills, you're fucked for extra cc's. I say we leave the system the way it is. If you want more coins, then post more and earn them like everyone else
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 1:49 pm

I believe it was briefly discussed among staff, and my understanding is that it would be too much trouble to actually manage actively. Editing the CC of members requires access to the site's admin panel, so it isn't feasible to have "trade mods"; it's something that has to be managed by either Seer or Icee, who are busy enough as it is.

Whisper also has a good point; any user who isn't particularly gifted with an artistic skill or some other trade is going to be at a disadvantage for collecting CC. CC is pretty easy to build up if you are motivated enough, or if you feel like advertising a bunch, you can do that too.
Back to top Go down
http://cxndyr.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

User-Run CC Shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: User-Run CC Shops   User-Run CC Shops Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

User-Run CC Shops
Page 1 of 1