Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

A Thundering Sky

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 11:49 am

Silverstar padded towards the gigantic fallen oak tree, letting out a sigh. New-leaf was slowly drawing closer, but it still felt so far off. He wanted to feel hope, he thought that he was hopeful. But was it determination in him, or was it just him moving forward for no other purpose than to survive another day? Silverstar shook those thoughts away and stopped by the border between SkyClan and ThunderClan. For a minute, he wondered how they were doing. Better, worse, about the same?

He jumped onto the trunk of the Fallen Oak, and stared off into the woods as he laid down, trying to soothe himself, or hopefully lift the murky feeling inside his chest.
Back to top Go down
Ice
site moderator
site moderator
Ice

Libra Dragon

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 2:26 pm

Making his way to nowhere in particular, Lightningstar let out a huff. His clan was slowly but surely growing, even with Leafbare holding on with its firm claws and the threat of rogues looming over each clan's territory. He had to admit, it was quite impressive to watch as life went on and he couldn't have been more proud, though of course he would never say that to any-cat.

Noticing that his paws had taken him in the direction of Fallen Oak, a strange scent soon hit Lightningstar, which causing his long pelt to stand on edge. As he neared the area with caution, he spotted Silverstar, SkyClan's leader, and immediately relaxed. Although tension between clans was usually high, he had no quarrel with the neighboring clan, much less their leader. It was odd, to even think of themselves as friends, but the two toms were something of the sort, he supposed.

He wasn't big on conversation, but lately, him and Sageleaf had been working on that little quirk of his, and while part of him didn't want to bother with conversing with Silverstar at all, he knew it was what his mate would've wanted. Quite frankly, if she had been with him, she would've most likely pushed him to do so, no matter how much he fought back against the matter, as she always did. With that weighing on his conscience, there was no way he could possibly turn around now, not unless he wanted to face her wrath, that was.

Taking in a big, long sigh, Lightningstar gave his pelt a shake. Talking to cats wasn't that hard, he could do it... right?

"Silverstar," the large tom greeted as he padded up to the fallen oak tree. Jumping to the top of it with ease, he gave the silver tabby a nod. So far, so good. "Enjoying the peace and quiet, I see?" the husky leader mewed, trying not to sound unsure or even a bit nervous when he spoke. He was the great Lightningstar for crying out loud, so why in StarClan's name could he be so... awkward and antisocial? Besides, this was Silverstar he was talking with, so he had no reason to make things awkward, seeing as though the SkyClanner wasn't big on words either. So maybe, just maybe, comfortable silence would be an option after all.
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 4:49 pm

Silverstar blinked as he saw ThunderClan's leader approach the border and greet him, "Lightningstar," he said back. Sometimes, he forgot other leaders might go out sometimes as well. He considered maybe seeing a border patrol, but their leader was the last thing he was expecting. It wasn't alarming, the two clans were on peaceful terms as far as he was concerned. To be honest, Silverstar had a lot of respect for Lightningstar. The large tom seemed like a strong leader, he took after the clan's original very well, which was something Silverstar sometimes feared he couldn't do good enough for SkyClan. But, he never admitted it to anyone, for he was afraid he'd only seem weak if he did so.

He lifted his front body up into a sit as his tail curled around his paws. "The clan has been peaceful, aside from the rogue scents. I figured I'd enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts," he explained, meeting Lightningstar's yellow eyes.

For some reason, talking with this leader wasn't the same as when they were in a gathering. Standing beside the four other leaders, surrounded by the piercing gazes of cats from every clan, and the clear stars hinting that StarClan were gazing down on them as well, it felt stressful. Like he was obligated to appear as a strong leader, or else he risked his reputation with the entire forest and the stars above. Here, it was just two cats, and if StarClan was watching them, he didn't feel afraid that they'd be disappointed if he said the wrong thing. It... was nice. This sort of friendly encounter.
Back to top Go down
Ice
site moderator
site moderator
Ice

Libra Dragon

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Listening as the SkyClanner went on, Lightningstar found himself nodding as he spoke. It was true, times had been oddly peaceful as of late, besides the rogue scents, and he wondered if a storm was brewing and they just didn't know it yet. Of course, he knew each of the five clans did well with scenting and checking borders, so even if the rogues did try to advance on a clan, they would most likely be stopped faster than a skilled warrior could catch a mouse.

"Yes, times have been peaceful haven't they," the burly voiced, behemoth of a leader mewed in reply. Hopefully, he hadn't barged in and completely disturbed Silverstar's fleeting moments to himself, and if he had, he hoped he would tell him. But until then, the two leaders would chat in peace. "The strange rogue scents are somewhat concerning, although I doubt even those mongrels have the stones to do anything," he huffed, praying to StarClan that he was right. Of course, he wouldn't have a problem flaying their pelts and teaching them a lesson if they tried anything, but he hoped that such violence wouldn't come to the forest. In the past, his younger self would've yearned for a battle, no matter who it was with, but he was a changed cat now and had to stay that way if he wanted to successfully lead his clan. Not to mention, Sageleaf would have his pelt if he dared act like a brute ever again.
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 1:41 pm

"Perhaps your right, but I think it's unwise to let our guard down just yet. I simply can't help but worry about it," he softly spoke. He then paused and looked at Lightningstar again. For a moment, he forgot that he was speaking to the leader of another clan.

"But, I'm not going to panic and go after them. If they make an advance on us, we'll be ready," he swiveled his ears backwards as his eyes narrowed. He then took a deep breath and calmed himself down before anger could well up from within him. At this point, he was afraid of losing control of his emotions. "But, I digress. Has ThunderClan been well?" he asked, softening his gaze.
Back to top Go down
Ice
site moderator
site moderator
Ice

Libra Dragon

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Nodding as Silverstar spoke, he silently agreed with the silver tom. If the rogues decided to try anything, that would be their mistake. Until then, the clans had more important matters, like preparing for Newleaf, which was just around the corner.

Ears perking at the question given to him, Lightningstar stood up a little straighter. "Yes, we have been fairing very well and prepare for the new season that is almost upon us," he mewed firmly. Opening his maw, he was about to reply with the same question, but then remembered what he'd wanted to ask all along. Part of him wondered if such a proposal was foolish, seeing as though no-clan was really in any danger or need of help for the time being, but at the same time, he couldn't help but want to be prepared for whatever the stars held for them. Who knew when another war as disastrous as the Great War could break out, and if StarClan willed for something like that to ever fall upon the clans again, he wanted to be ready this time. He knew that some might even call him paranoid or worried for his clan, but the reality was, ThunderClan was doing much better when it came to numbers than the other clans, so if anything, he was providing help for them... right?

"Silverstar, you and I have known each other since we were promoted to be the deputies of our clans," the large, husky voiced tom began, turning his gaze towards Silverstar once more. "I... I don't dare call many cats my "friend," but you and I have no ill blood between us, nor have we ever, and I truly appreciate that. I believe such amity is a good trait to have among leaders, or at least some of them..." he continued, but then gave his head a shake. Great Silverpelt, he was rambling again. Did he always go off like this when he became nervous? Anxious to talk, one of the most simple tasks in life; what a strong leader he was...

"I suppose what I'm trying to get at is... Silverstar, would you like to be part of a trinity alliance? ThunderClan, RiverClan, and SkyClan? I hate to seem paranoid, nor do I want to look as though ThunderClan is in need of help, for we are far from needing any, but you and I get along and always have, and I feel as though you and your clan would be a valuable and much welcomed asset alongside me and Lichenstar. Of course, I must bring her this proposition, but I feel as though she would agree as well. Just imaging the strength that would come from not two, but three clans in an alliance..." With a soft sigh and relieved to have finished speaking, Lightningstar finished and silently prayed that he didn't make a mistake with such a sudden and bold offer. He had to admit, Silverstar and SkyClan seemed to be smaller in numbers these days, but in working together, maybe they could help bring the tree climbing cats back to their former glory.
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 8:39 pm

Silverstar blinked and faced Lightningstar after he made his proposal. A trinity alliance? It was an incredibly strong proposition, that was for sure. But, as he gave it some thought, it didn't seem like a bad idea. It would help satisfy the worry in the back of his head that was silently pacing around like a fox in its hole. Maybe by themselves they could fight off the outsiders. But to have the support of both neighboring clans? However, what if the other two clans saw this as a threat? "It is a bold offer, Lightningstar..." he uttered at first, wanting a few more seconds to think it fully through, but not wanting those seconds to be of silence.

Finally, he met Lightningstar's gaze and spoke again. "However, I think both of our clans will work together well. And, if we get RiverClan's support as well, it'll surely help us through whatever fate has in store this New-Leaf," his eyes brightened as he talked, "I accept."
Back to top Go down
Ice
site moderator
site moderator
Ice

Libra Dragon

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 pm

Listening as Silverstar spoke, the SkyClanner's initial reaction began to make him worry that he'd been a fool to bring forward such an idea, but his ears perked when he finished. He'd agreed and accepted? Part of him hadn't thought that coming to an agreement would've been so... simple, but then again, him and Silverstar had gone back many moons. and he should've known better than to doubt him.

Giving Silverstar a nod, an ever so small smile grew on his muzzle, though it was very faint. "I'm glad to hear that. I know this trinity alliance will be a force to be reckoned with... if the need for such power ever presents itself," the husky voiced leader mewed with a firm nod.

Looking up at the sky, the sun had begun to set in the distance and while he wished to stay longer and discuss legistics with Silverstar, he knew that he'd better return to his clan before it became too late in the evening. Standing up, the large, burly tom gave his fluffy pelt a shake before turning to Silverstar. "I best get back to ThunderClan. I will meet with you again before the next gathering to inform you of Lichenstar's answer," he began before hopping off of the Fallen Oak. Looking back to the SkyClanner one last time, he gave his new ally a respectful dip of his head. "Goodbye for now, Silverstar." And with that, Lightningstar padded back into the forest and to his clan, glad that he got to inform Cloudbreeze of the good news when he returned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Thundering Sky Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Thundering Sky   A Thundering Sky Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Thundering Sky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: The Forest Territories :: Fallen Oak-
Jump to: