Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Are You Somewhere Out There?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

Are You Somewhere Out There?  Empty
PostSubject: Are You Somewhere Out There?    Are You Somewhere Out There?  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 5:26 am

The wind whispered in the trees as rapid pawsteps ran through the trees. Three sunrises had passed since she'd found something out, something that had changed everything. Now she was running blindly, wondering if she felt at peace in the wind because of her heritage.

I have long limbs, and I can run fast.. She thought, Do I get that from my father?
She had her mother's long fur, and big heart; she had her father's eyes, or so her mother said. She had the build of a WindClan cat, though her fur hid it. She looked like a SkyClan cat, but she was also a WindClan cat.

She wasn't mad at her mother. How could she be?
Her mother had done nothing wrong; she'd merely loved too much. Love was not a crime.
Mudpaw and all her littermates were formed from love; and Mudpaw and all her siblings were good cats.

Would her father think so? She had his name; mother said she'd reminded her the most of Mudmask, that's why she was named Mudpaw. Did her father love her? Momma loved her, very, very much. Did she look like him? Did she act like him? There were so many questions she wanted to ask him, so many things so wanted to know.

Did he wish he was still alive? How did he die? Does he miss Momma? Does he regret falling in love with her Momma? No, of course not- that was a silly question. Did he regret not meeting his kits? Did he want to meet his kits?

Skidding to the edge of the stones, she raised her head, and eyes glittering, she yowled.

"Father!" She began, eyes wide, panting, "Please, talk to me! I want to know you; I want to give Momma some comfort! Please, I'm your daughter, Mudmask! I want to meet you!" She didn't know if this would work, but she had to try. She just had to. For her mom, for her littermates, and most importantly, for herself.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Are You Somewhere Out There?    Are You Somewhere Out There?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 10:11 pm

Nothing.

Nothing happened. Was she crazy for thinking this would work? Perhaps. She had to try. If given the choice, would she try this again? Absolutely. Her mother deserved comfort. She deserved comfort. She needed to know her father. She just had to! How could she go about her day like nothing was wrong, when she didn't even know her father!

Tail drooping, she turned, ready to pad away. Her tricolored tail tickled leaves as it passed, brushing them away with ease. Bitter tears of all her regrets welled in the depths of her bright eyes and she was too miserable to blink then away. How had she'd been so silly? She was an ordinary cat, how was she supposed to summon a StarClan cat? She'd been a fool. This was a waste of time.

Stay......

Her ears perked up, eyes wide, as she glanced around. The trees came to life around her, wind roaring in her bones.  She turned around and sprinted back towards the stones. Was that her father? He wanted her to stay. He wanted to meet her! Adrenalin rushed through her veins, excitement blurring her vision.

No, Mudpaw, no!

Too excited and too late, she remembered the edge was near. She tumbled straight over, falling, falling, falling.....

The wind seemed to ease her down gently and stars flickered at the edge of her vision. Was.... Was she dead? Was she dying? Oh, stars, all she'd wanted was to meet her father. Was that too much to ask?
Finally, her flank touched the ground. Too distraught, she didn't realize she'd fallen softly, barely injured if at all. Her poor, poor mother. First Mudmask, and now her. How would she cope? Would her littermates miss her? Acorn, Brindle, Swift, Lily, Maple.. Ice and Lion, too.... Would they be okay without her?

She closed her eyes, and waited for her place in the stars.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Are You Somewhere Out There?    Are You Somewhere Out There?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 10:45 pm

Wake up.....

Mudpaw, get up..

Slowly, she blinked open her eyes. She... She was still here? But that meant she was alive... But the fall? She fell! Looking at her pelt, she realized with a shock that she looked and felt perfectly fine. How was that? No sooner than she thought the unspoken question realization dawned on her.

Her father.

"Mudpaw...? Are you... I..I tried to... Please be okay... Can you... Can you hear me? Mudpaw?"

"D-dad...?"

"Mudpaw...! You're... Alive.... I did it. I saved you." A purr rose in his throat as his youngest affectionately pressed her muzzle to his.

"I-" She broke off, tears sliding freely down her furry cheek, "You came."

"Of course I did." Mudmask's eyes softened, and he backed away. "I'm sorry, Mudpaw. If I were still alive, I would have broken your mother's heart. I wanted to be deputy. I never knew of you, for I died too soon, but if I had, I know I would've rejected you. I loved your mother, truly, but you know the pain of half-Clan relationships. I was young, and foolish, but things are different now," The last part came as a plea, as his precious daughter began to back away with wide eyes, staring at him as if a stranger.

"I'm dead. And I know better know! In StarClan, there are no borders. We love who we love! And I love Breezebranch. She... She so different from other cats, and... And I don't regret loving her. I dont regret fathering you, or any of your littermates. I have but one regret."

"That I never got to meet you."
"That you never got to meet us."

Mudpaw blinked, surprised, as she and her father said the same sentence at the same  time. Did they truly think so alike?

"I... I must go now. But I will always be with you. Tell your mother I love her, goodbye, my sweet daughter, we'll meet again someday."

"Goodbye, father..."

Mudbreeze...

Mudbreeze..?

"Mudpaw!" A yowl cut through her thoughts as her mother came running, Briarshine and Smallpaw hard on her paws.
"Oh my! Dear, what ever are you doing down there?" Briarshine mewed, anxiety lacing her voice.

"I, uh, I fell."

"Don't worry, we'll get you out!" Smallpaw called.

"Briarshine, grab Smallpaw's scruff and lower him slowly. I'll grab yours to make sure you don't fall. Mudpaw, grab onto Smallpaw!"

Briarshine gently lowered her son into the hole, Breezebranch protectively holding hers. Mudpaw reached up with her forepaws, desperately clutching onto anything. She managed to leap up, reaching Smallpaw's flank, to which she clung on madly, claws sheathed.

Breezebranch and Briarshine pulled and soon enough, both apprentices were up. Both flanks heaved with effort, and her mother pushed her muzzle into the other she-cat's flank in gratitude.
"C'mon. Let's go find Mistedsong." She meowed, panting hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You Somewhere Out There?    Are You Somewhere Out There?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are You Somewhere Out There?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: The Forest Territories :: Glittering Stones-
Jump to: