Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting]

Go down 

Pick Your Favorite Post
Badger - "Prideful Playing."
Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_lcap13%Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Salsa - "Kits and Curses."
Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_lcap25%Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Asher - "All The Ashes in My Wake."
Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_lcap0%Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Oryx - "June's Gathering [2020]."
Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_lcap0%Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Seer - "Sharp & Steady."
Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_lcap13%Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Kitty - "June's Gathering [2020]."
 13% [ 1 ]
Ripped - "June's Gathering [2020]."
Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_lcap38%Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Seer
site admin
site admin
Seer

Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Empty
PostSubject: Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting]   Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 1:44 am

Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Untitl11

TOP POST OF THE MONTH
Round Two : June 2020
Part II - Official Voting Thread.

Hello Clanmates!

Now that the initial inquiry topic has been closed for a few days, it's time for the exciting part; voting! As per last round, our applicants will be competing for the slots of first, second, and third place. We have quite a few more applicants this round, so make sure to wish them luck!

• First Place : 150CC
  • Second Place : 100CC
  • Third Place : 50CC

The individual posts entered by our applicants will be provided below, as well as a link to the actual topics the posts originally came from came from, so that everyone can easily read them and decide which post they like better. Be careful and take your time, you only have one vote and vote cancelling won't be allowed!

The poll itself will remain open for ONE WEEK! make sure to vote <3

BADGER'S POST :
Prideful Playing wrote:
A sigh of relief escaped Leopardkit now that he could actually breathe with her off of his chest. "Oh yes, because being a favorite of a toad like you is praise," he snapped back as he rolled onto his paws, standing up as he tried to shake the dust and sand from his pelt. Ugh, she had no sense of pride, did she? She just pushed around whoever she felt like... "If you don't mind, I would much rather be the favorite of somebody who actually mattered." He turned, ready to go...Somewhere, anywhere else than be in the same area as Fennelkit but before he could make a break for it, she was advantaging toward him again.

He came to a stop, hesitating for a heartbeat as he tried to make sense of why she was crouching until she was suddenly shoving him. "What are you doing?" he growled, pawing at her face as he was forced to back up to keep from being knocked over again. "Couldn't you be a little more creative then just trying to shove me aro-" he broke off as she suddenly whispered, blinking at the mention of the 'big river.' ...Oh. He couldn't be lost in his thoughts for long as Fennelkit kept pushing him along but he spared a glance in the direction she was forcing him, towards the edge of the camp. ...She wanted to sneak out. It was easy enough to realize that - she certainly meant the big river that they had heard stories about, the borders between the Clans. It was against the rules to sneak out but... He had been waiting ages to sneak out and if they - he could prove himself...Then maybe he would become an apprentice so much sooner and he would get the praise that he deserved!

"...Alright, to the big river," he murmured back, before grunting Fennelkit nosed him yet again. Seriously? Was she just planning to shove him the entire way? They didn't even know how far it was! "I'm going, I'm going! I can move on my own, you know! You don't need to shove me around like a rock!"
Original Topic Link - X

SALSA'S POST :
Kits and Curses wrote:
The wind tickled Rainkit's fluffy fur as he sat in his nest. He only needed to raise his head slightly to be able to see the camp, the nursery being a mere dip in the ground. Two green orbs observed as his friend - well, denmate, maybe friend soon - Yewkit tottered around, eventually slamming into a rather grumpy-looking Shrikecall. Things only got worse as Yewkit refused to apologize, only antagonizing the warrior more. A mild curiosity caused Rainkit to tilt his head to the side. Breaking up this argument would be better than watching it escalate, wouldn't it? Either way, Rainkit didn't want to watch Yewkit get attacked by Shrikecall, something that was looking more and more likely with every passing second.

But now, which side to choose? Yewkit should've been more careful, and Shrikecall should've been nicer. There was no right side, meaning Rainkit would have to compromise. The gray kit stood up, size making him seem like an older kit, perhaps a newly appointed apprentice. Tail whipping around in the ever-present breeze, he walked up to the two other toms, trying to keep a reasonable tone as he spoke. "U-uh." Up close, Rainkit stopped, stuttering slightly as he saw the full extent of Shrikecall's fangs and angry glare. Yewkit was either brave or stupid for antagonizing the warrior. "Hey, you guys don't have to be so mad at eachother..." He hesitated, waiting for their response. He was pretty sure both of them had too much pride to listen to him, but only time would tell.
Original Topic Link - X

ASHER'S POST :
All The Ashes in My Wake wrote:
Coalspark had been doing her best to maintain her regular duties, and for the most part, had been relatively successful. For once, she was quite glad for her small stature, because it did a pretty good job of hiding how incredibly pregnant she was. At most, she looked like she'd only been pregnant for a moon, and not just over two. Only a couple of cats had asked her about it-- her mother, and Blackclaw, the former she'd just immediately brushed off. Blackclaw she had been mostly honest with, mostly because she'd need his help, for relatively obvious reasons. It was in her best interest, anyway, because then he'd been able to give her nursing herbs, which she was quite grateful for.

On this particular evening, she was resting a few tail-lengths away from the nursery, pecking at a mouse she'd caught earlier that day. She was too deep in thought to be eating it at any sort of decent speed, though. Her mind was stuck on Lionflame-- it usually was, but generally in a much more lighthearted sense. Coalspark knew that she was due any day now, and it made her incredibly sad that the father of her kits wouldn't be able to be there. She knew he would be a great father, but she wasn't even sure if he would be able to help her raise them. Not all the way in a different Clan, at least. The queen frowned, licking a spot of blood off of her maw before resting it on her dark gray paws.

Knowing Firestar's opinions of codebreakers, she had already been somewhat resigned to the idea of taking her kits to be with their father, anyway. But with the death of the leader, Coalspark wasn't exactly sure what to do. Magpiewing might do things quite differently. It was impossible to know, and it made her incredibly anxious.

At that moment, a sharp pain rippled through the black she-cat, stealing her breath away and causing her to jolt halfway to her paws. Oh, StarClan, couldn't you have picked a worse time? It was only a few moments ago that she'd seen Blackclaw leave camp, presumably to gather herbs. She prayed that apprentice of his.. Ravenpaw? wasn't with him, at the least, as she wobbled her way into the nursery, which was thankfully empty of cats at that particular moment. Another wave of pain took her and she sprawled out on top of a half-formed nest, resisting the urge to curl into a ball knowing it wouldn't make things any easier for her.

A black-and-white speckled cat ducked her head into the nursery, concerned yellow-green eyes meeting Coalspark's amber ones. "Is everything alright?" the she-cat asked, and Coalspark scrambled her brains trying to remember her name-- she spent so little time around her own Clanmates anymore that it was nearly embarrassing how poor her memory was. "I-I'm fine, thank you, Mallowsp-" she replied after a moment, a sharper pain cutting her off halfway through her sentence and replacing her words with a strangled noise of pain. Mallowspeck nodded knowingly, and smiled softly. "I'll go find a medicine cat," she meowed despite Coalspark's protests, padding off before the queen could say anything else.

She bit out a curse as her body convulsed of its own volition, trying to force the kits out of her small frame, fast. She'd forgotten to ask Blackclaw how many there were, and at that moment, it felt like there were ten of them, with how much her hips ached. Mere seconds after she had that thought, another strong wave of pain stole her breath, and she couldn't help but let out a whine of discomfort as her body prepared to birth her kits whether she was ready for them or not.

The ordeal seemed to be over far quicker than Coalspark had expected, and Mallowspeck had returned with some herbs Ravenpaw had discreetly given her, which the queen devoured gratefully, despite the bitter taste. Before she knew it, the black she-cat was curled around five darling kits, and her heart felt like it'd swelled to the size of her whole body. Her amber eyes were practically dripping with love, but in actuality, it was mostly just tears. She pressed her nose to the solid black tom, purring at how much he looked like her. "I'll call you Nightkit." She smiled widely at the three orange kits- one looked just like her father. "You'll be Amberkit," she mewed softly, looking to the more solidly orange tom. "Tigerkit," almost like your father, she thought. Another bright orange tom; Lionflame's genetics were quite strong. "Flashkit." The last kit was black, like her, but it was a warm black, almost brown; Coalspark was quite curious what the tom's coat would end up looking like as he grew older. "And you'll be Earthkit," she decided after a moment, resting her head gently next to her kits as they nursed.

For the first time in over two moons, Coalspark didn't find herself worrying about anything. Nothing would come between her and her babies, and at that moment, nothing else mattered to her at all. She only wished Lionflame could have been there-- she smiled to herself, knowing he would've been crying so much more than she had, the big softie.
Original Topic Link - X

ORYX'S POST :
June's Gathering [2020] wrote:
He had almost been rocking on his heels with nerves, waiting for his mate to come over the crest of the hill that reeked of ShadowClan- her clan. Oh how he so desperately just wanted her with him always, but he was yet to even think of how to ask Coalspark to join him, let alone Silverstar. Lionflame had to forcibly gulp as he thought of Firestar's reaction, despite not being a seasoned warrior he knew enough of the formidable she-cat and her reputation that he knew it wouldn't just be fine and dandy. Shaking out his cream and ginger fur to quell the sudden on burst of anxiety, he watched with narrowed eyes as Magpiewing made his way to the leaders perch once more- where in StarClan was Firestar?

He wasn't given much time to ponder that thought as his beautiful mate made her way over to him, her rich scent setting his heart on fire and causing a purr to ripple through him. "Coalspark!" the tom managed through his purrs, resting his chin atop her head for the briefest of moments before separating. "You surprised me," he chuckled, before stepping back to properly take her in. She looked much... well, bigger than before, and while he didn't mind - her eyes were just as beautiful as ever - he was curious. Had she been eating more prey? Or-

Oh. OH. His azure eyes widened in absolute shock, and the most dazed look crossed his face for a second as it hit him full force. Oh no, nonono, she hadn't just been eating more. She was expecting kits! His kits! Excitement bubbled beneath the surface, like hot magma before a volcano exploded and he lacked the self control to stay composed. "I- You-" Lionflame stuttered, purring so hard he was convinced he was going to stop breathing. "M-mine? My kits? Our kits? Oh, Coal!" Caution to the wind, it was an accepted fact at this point that if cats were going to know about them they would already know, he rasped his tongue along the top of her head, moisture unwillingly spilling from tightly shut eyes. "I'm so happy," he whispered, nose resting against her ear. "I don't know how we'll make this work, but I will fight the five leaders for you and our children. I love you."
Original Topic Link - X

SEER'S POST :
Sharp and Steady, into the Empty Parts of Me wrote:
Cloying darkness welled up from within the protective embrace of the ancient willow roots, a stifling cloak of impenetrability that easily devoured any stubborn tendrils of pallid moonlight that softly framed the ragged edges of Nettlesplash. It took several long moments for his gaze to adjust to the drastic difference in available natural light, pupils rapidly shrinking and expanding in a futile attempt to hurry along the process, leaving him with nothing but his ears to piece together the sudden reaction on behalf of Lichenstar. Her reactions, both voluntary and involuntary, were more familiar to him than his own innate functions- he didn't need his eyes to sense her sudden fright and ensuing reluctance. Although the unbearable heat of his righteous fury cooled softly at the thought of Lichenstar left to her lonesome solitude during the long hours of the night, it was nearly impossible to curb the urge to roll his eyes at her response.

"Oh really?" Nettlesplash retorted, raspy voice strengthened by the sheer conviction of his disbelief, "Perhaps I've been made unaware of all of your time spent devoted to strategizing with Wolfstorm. Tell me, is he an attentive listener or does he spend the entire meeting looking for a bush to jump into with his mate?"

Shouldering his way deeper into the narrow confines of the secluded den, Nettlesplash's strength became all the more evident as he roughly nudged Lichenstar over into the furthest corner of her own nest- eyeing the painfully barren and tasteless expanse of his companion's den as he promptly settled down into admittedly unpleasantly cramped space right beside her. Back whenever they had shared a den, it had never looked so pitiful and unlivable, as they had all but made contests of who could find the most elaborate and useless decoration for their cramped little space. Strange bird feathers, unique stones, remnants of shells that had somehow been washed ashore by the currents. It hadn't been much, but it was certainly better than this. Heavy weight dropping of his chin suddenly dropping against the delicate curve between Lichenstar's ribs and haunches, the red-furred tom made a spectacle of shifting and jostling his companion in a pointless attempt to get comfortable in the bleak little den.

"Yes, my paws deserve to be put into every matter." Nettlesplash insisted, childish in his usual refusal to cede ground, "Especially if my paws are the sole determining factor in preventing you from running into the thorns with a Leader who has the emotional intelligence of a kit who was held under water for too long."
Original Topic Link - X

KITTY'S POST :
The tortoiseshell pelt had once more found its position of power when she heard the too-well known yowl of her father. Her gaze widened in shock as the leader actually had the gall to go after the leader of the Rogues after she had just called out the desire of their ancestors. While her Clan might not have noticed or thought of it, the deputy recognized the look in his eyes. The hunter behind his walk. It was one she would not tolerate - especially given that he was the leader. The rest of the clans were leaving peacefully - why couldn’t they? Even Brindlestar and Magpiewing, the two cats who seemed to get along like fire and water, left with their clans without unsheathing their claws. Anger quickly fumed the she-cat as her gaze narrowed into that of deadly daggers. With her clanmates still parted for their leader, Cloudbreeze herself launched from her position to catch up to him.

"Lightningstar, stop what you are doing this instant!" Her voice seethed with the rage of a mother scolding her kits attempting to leave the camp. It was a deep anger few other cats had seen radiate off of the molly, and it was not going to be held on a leash very long for this absolute insolence. Taking the bounds to jump in front of her leader, the disappointed and angry she-cat hissed. While she lacked the fluff and frame of her father, her anger brought her pelt to near-match, her tail flicking in absolute frustration.

"StarClan has covered the moon and has called for no violence. This is the night of the Gathering, where we come in peace even with intruders. Stop acting like an absolute blood-crazed kit. I call for our Clan to follow you and this is what you are about to charge them into? A war with several other rogues? We have already lost a kit to their violence. When StarClan gives the call to back down, We. Back. Down. Not the direct opposite and charge into a battle that will cause us to loose even more of our warriors." Her words were seething through her teeth. They hissed and scolded like a flame, with little repentance behind them. "Usually I stand dutifully behind your actions as your deputy and kin. But I cannot stand behind this direct order from StarClan and your insolent disobedience." She rose more pridefully as disappointment laced her tone.

"StarClan should take away one of your lives for this. You should know better than to charge like a moss-infatuated kit." She spat angrily. Spinning to her Clan, she rose. "The deputy's place is to also rise when the leader cannot. It seems tonight you can't." Disappointment shone clearly in her tone.

Calling out to her Clan, Cloudbreeze's voice rang out with authority. "ThunderClan, we leave back to camp. There is to be no fighting to go on tonight. If anyone unsheathes their claws, it will be counted as an act against StarClan." Her gaze pointed towards her father in her last comments, the she-cat turning to lead her Clan from the gathering.
Original Topic Link - X

RIPPED'S POST :
As the vibrantly gray-hued clouds fracted the silvery moonlight, Robinpaw's coat became dappled with shadows. More yowls tore through the air, as sharp and demanding as jagged lightening. Clan cats were one the defensive as threats and accusations were thrown from the ragged bunch of rogues. Breezebranch's voice, as commanding as it was, became paled against the grizzled and foreign voices. The apprentice's ears flickered in all directions as she strained to pick apart what was happening. Given gathering law, she would never be the first to leap forward with claws. Yet, there was no problem with defending oneself and clan mates against what threatened their lives. There couldn't be.

A pounding seemed to settled in the base of her skull, throbbing as she tried to prepare herself for the true possibility of battle for the first time. The light chill of night air seemed to have forged invisible tendrils of icy thorns. It prickled her coat and fluffed her fur ever so slightly. And then there was a pelt pressed to hers. Underneath her chin, Robinpaw caught a flash of tortoiseshell fur. Acornpaw had shot forward quick enough that her normally sharp senses hadn't caught the movement. This was easier; no longer would she have to pinpoint the location of her companion and their shared enemy all at once. And there was reassurance. Dipping her head slightly, Robinpaw's maw lowered, allowing the delicate furs of her chin to gentle graze Acornpaw. Sharp eyes gazed out over the crowd from this new defensive postion. The now steadied pounding of her heart told her that this was where she should be, defending Acornpaw.

The soft voice from her denmate broke through the noise, reaching her ears moments before the call from their leader. Her ears pricked. I'm glad you're here. No cat had ever said such a thing to her before, not with such a raw honesty, bubbled up from the tension of a real threat. She found herself nodding in agreement, the slightest twist of the head. But it didn't need to be said, right? Acornpaw had to be able to tell she felt the same. There was a light shake of her head, dispelling the moment to gather herself to her paws. Silverstar was leaving and they had to follow suit. She drew her fluffy russet tail around the slope of Acornpaw's frame, offering a low response of her own, " I'll teach you to fight properly sometime so Sorrelwing won't have to worry." And neither will I.
Original Topic Link - X

Last edited by Seer on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seer
site admin
site admin
Seer

PostSubject: Re: Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting]   Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 12:42 am

four days remaining! keep voting :>
Back to top Go down
Seer
site admin
site admin
Seer

PostSubject: Re: Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting]   Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 2:26 am

FIRST PLACE : Ripped with 150CC.
SECOND PLACE : Salsa with 100CC.

and THIRD PLACE WITH A THREE-WAY TIE : Badger / Kitty / Seer with 50CC each.

Congrats to everyone, keep an eye out for the next round!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting]   Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Post of the Month [June 2020; Voting]
Page 1 of 1