Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Basking In the Light

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

Basking In the Light Empty
PostSubject: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 4:35 am

Violetbriar stretched luxuriously as the warmth from the rocks spread into her cream pelt. Lichenstar had agreed to the alliance, and that sadly meant they had to share Sunningrocks with ThunderClan. So far, she'd seen no ThunderClan cats, but she supposed there would be no harm in befriending a ThunderClan cat. Letting out a contented purr, she rolled onto her back, enjoying the warm rays of the sun as it filtered down upon the warm rocks. Life as a warrior was wonderful; Softcloud was staying in camp for a while, Wolfstrom and her were mates, Wolfstorm was deputy, it really was well in RiverClan at this point.
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 5:15 am

Ferretpaw started walking towards Sunningrocks, hoping it was unoccupied. Firekit would love it, and Ferretpaw did. However, she soon saw the form of a cat. She turned to Firekit. ”Stay here for a minute!” she said, before cautiously approaching Violetbriar. ”Hey, is it okay if we are here?” she asked. She hoped the she-cat was friendly.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 5:27 am

Firekit stayed back as Ferretpaw went to go talk to a cat. She wondered who the cat was but knew she had to listen to her aunt as she was older and in charge of her.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 9:26 am

Violetbriar looked up as a cat addressed her. At first she thought it was Minnowstream or Leappaw. But when she looked down, it was a pair of young ThunderClanners. Last time she'd met a ThunderClanner, she and Wolfstorm had taught him to trespass! However, there was a truce now. Shrugging, she waved her tail, making room for the two new cats.

"Sure, our Clans have an alliance, don't they?" She mewed, then seemed to notice the second she-cat was, well, a kit! "Aren't you a bit young to be out here?"
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 1:01 am

Ferretpaw motioned Firekit over with her tail. ”Thanks!” she felt a little weird around the Riverclan warrior. ”Eh..her dad said it was ok. I guess Thunderclan is a bit more lenient.” she said, hopping onto the sunningrocks, letting the sun hit her pelt. She smiled as Firekit joined her, and she laid there, her silver pelt soaking up the warmth.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 am

Firekit followed after Ferretpaw and looked at the older cat. “Who are you? My name is Firekit, I’m the Granddaughter of LightningStar and this is my aunt Ferretpaw, the daughter of lightning star.” She mewed as she laid out on the rock copying Ferretpaw.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 1:10 am

Violetbriar nodded, remembering when Ivyfeather took her Bluepaw, Otterpaw, and Cherrykit swimming as kits. "I'm Violetbriar, daughter of our former deputy, Ivyfeather, and mate and best friend of our current deputy, Wolfstorm." She introduced herself, nodding friendlily. "What brings you out here this fine morning?" Violetbriar inquired, pale green eyes curious.
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 1:19 am

Ferretpaw nodded. ”I’m Ferretpaw, daughter of our leader. I was showing Firekit, my niece, around the territory a bit.” explained the apprentice.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 1:21 am

Yes, daddy is mad at Ferretpaw.” she giggled as she rolled around in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 2:31 am

Violetbriar nodded. "I remember when my mother showed my littermates and me around our territory. She took us swimming." SHe mewed, then turned a quizzical look at Firekit. "Why is that?" The she-cat asked, confused as to why the father of this kit was upset at his sister.
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 2:34 am

Ferretpaw smiled. It seemed that Violetbriar was very nice. Ferretpaw snorted. ”Well, we maybe sorta pranked him a little bit..” she blushed. She and Firekit had thought that it was funny.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 2:36 am

Firekit giggled some more and looked at Ferretpaw. “I didn’t get in trouble cause daddy thought only Ferretpaw did it. We put bugs in his nest.” she said and bursted out in laughter. As a kit she thought everything was funny and couldn’t hold it in any longer.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 2:44 am

At the mention of putting bugs in the nest of her father, Violetbriar openly snorted, laughing, despite herself. "Oh my-" taking a moment to regain herself, she gained a mischievous look in her eyes. "Perhaps I should do that to Minnowstream."

The image of her adoptive sister screeching and throwing a fit over worms in her nest sent a whole nother batch of laughter from the cream she-cat.
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 2:47 am

Ferretpaw giggled along with the other she-cats. ”Who’s Minnowstream?” she asked. It seemed like a family member of her’s, and she wondered how ‘Minnowstream’ would react to it.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 2:50 am

Firekit smiled up at the warrior. “Is Riverclan different than Thunderclan?” she asked curiously with big wide eyes.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 3:09 am

"Ugh. Minnowstream, sadly, is my adoptive 'sister'. If you ask me, she's the most annoying furball ever. She bossy, prissy, flirty, and always throwing a fit. I'm surprised she even made it to Warriorhood. She's such a suckup and a showoff. She really needs to stop kissing up to my mother." Violetbriar declared, snorting in annoyance. She disliked talking of Minnowstream, so was glad when Fireit changed the subject.

"Well, in RiverClan, our kits are born with a natural instinct to swim. Our paws are webbed. We also fish. Our pelts are generally glossy and sleek compared to the other clans, and we generally stay fed even in leaf-bare."
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 4:14 am

Ferretpaw stuck out her tongue. ”Wow! That’s pretty...bad.” None of her family was that bad. The big family of her’s was all very nice, as far as Ferretpaw could tell. ”What’s swimming like? Do fish taste as gross as they smell?” she asked, before realizing the last question was a little weird. ”Err...uhh...” she tried to find a recovery from that dumb question.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 4:19 am

Firekit wondered if she could pretend to be a Riverclan cat. Her fur was really bright and fluffy so she didn’t think so. “Would I blend in Riverclan?” she asked?
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 4:48 am

"Fish aren't as bad as the other Clans think. They're the reason our pelts shed water so easily and how we're able to swim. Without it, our pelts would drag us down. Swimming is like, well, I guess to you tracking through undergrowth. It makes us feel safe and at home. Imagine floating on a cloud-- er, a rain cloud, I suppose?-- The water gently tugs you, if it's a soft current, like you're going for a ride. You really just have to experience it unbiased to understand." She nodded to Firekit.

"You could. Our leader is a calico, and my sister had bright ginger fur like you. Our pelts come in all colors. My mate is gray, I'm cream, I have a dark ginger clanmate named Nettlesplash." Violetbriar explained.

Last edited by Stormy on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 5:10 am

Ferretpaw listened as the warrior explained about Riverclan. She didn’t really have too much to say. She didn’t really know much about other clans. She had seen others at the Gathering, but she hadn’t talked to anyone from Riverclan. ”Do you eat anything besides fish?” she asked. She couldn’t imagine not eating some of her favorites, like squirrel!

ooc: (when did vi turn into breeze? lmao)
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 5:22 am

Would I make a good Riverclan cat?” she asked. In most places asking about other clans would have been bad but Riverclan and Thunderclan were in an alliance and you could never stop a kit’s curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 1:11 pm

(OOC: Oh dear, she did become Breeze lol)

Turning her green gaze towards Ferretpaw, she smiled as she explained. "Of course! We can't survive off only fish, though our diet is mainly fish. Sometimes there are frogs, but we only eat those yucky things if we're half-starved-- even then I'd take a fox over it!-- but we find rodents like mice and shrews, and an occasional starling or two. Personally, I like salmon. They have pretty orange scales we use for decorating."

Violetbriar turned back to Firekit. It was fun teaching them about RiverClan. "It depends. Are you scared to get wet?"

Last edited by Stormy on Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2020 2:30 am

Ferretpaw stuck out her tongue. ”Frogs! Yuck!” she couldn’t imagine eating those! Ferretpaw didn’t kind Firekit asking. They were in an alliance, a trinity one, so everything was friendly between Riverclan, Thunderclan, and Skyclan.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2020 2:37 am

Firekit looked in the water and shivered. “I never did get wet before.” she mewed at the Riverclan cat.

(When did Firekit get a country accent?)
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2020 4:03 am

Violetbriar nodded at Ferretpaw's exclamation. "Exactly! I don't know how ShadowClan can stand it!" She mewed, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "Well, it's not as bad as you'd think. I could probably teach you how to swim, if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basking In the Light   Basking In the Light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basking In the Light
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next