Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oryx
site moderator / resident gamer girl
oryx

Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Soft sunlight cast subtle shadows across the clearing, and the mottled she-cat was glad to find no cold winds whipped through the air and pierced deep into her thick pelt. The scent of new growth was abundant, and for the first time in moons there was enough on the fresh-kill pile for every cat to go to their nests comfortably full tonight. A light purr escaped the deputy as she stretched out, before ascending to the top of Tallrock in a single bound. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather underneath Tallrock for a clan meeting!" Heronfeather called, waiting for the clan to assemble.
Back to top Go down
Sal

Sal

PostSubject: Re: Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 6:31 am

Rainkit's feathery tail twitched as he pricked his ears from the dip of the nursery. It was Heronfeather, the deputy. Deputies only called Clan meetings for apprentice ceremonies, didn't they? And he'd been in the nursery for about the right amount of time... this could be his. His pelt was already neatly groomed as usual, and he was glad he didn't have to hastily do it as he'd seemed some kits do. The large kitten shivered as he hopped out of the nest, giving one last nudge against his mother before trotting towards Heronfeather, ears perked up in a hopeful sort of interest. It was a little chilly for his soft kit-fuzz, but he was certain it would go away soon.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 5:43 pm

She took in a deep breath as she noticed Rainkit approach, the subject of today's ceremony and my did he look prepped and ready. "Rainkit, please step forward," Heronfeather called, voice ringing out across the clearing. "You have reached the age of 6 moons and as such are ready to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you become a warrior, your new name will be Rainpaw. Your mentor shall be..." The molly paused for a brief moment as she thought on who should mentor the young tom, before remembering that since Shrikepaw had become Shrikecall, she had an opening. "Myself! I will pass on everything I've learned from my mentor and guide you as best as I can," There was a warm smile on the deputy's face as she descended the rock to congratulate the tom and complete the mentor-apprentice ritual.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
ghost of $$$ past
Ripped

PostSubject: Re: Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 3:16 am

Growing more limber in his use of long limbs, Yewkit no longer tottered to and fro as he responded to the deputy's call to gather. It seemed a ceremony was to be had, given that it wasn't Brindlestar standing before the clan but rather the she-cat who had taken up the arduous task of raising him. There was a single cat he held loyalty and respect for, one that wasn't trumped by his usual self-pleasure driven desires, and it was Heronfeather. For this reason, as he settled somewhat near his denmate, his tongue was tamed.

As the ceremony continued, it became apparent this was for Rainkit. Annoyance prickled down the base of his spine and settled in his flickering tail tip. Beginning training set young cats down the path of becoming a great warrior to serve the clan. Yewkit cared about as much for the dirt the was pressed underneath his pads. Instead, he simply sought a change of scenery and amusement. There were only so many times he could shred the same blades of dead grass or stumble in the path of a cross warrior. One of these days he would have to pester Heronfeather for answers as to why he had yet to be named an apprentice. At this rate, Brindlestar's mewling scraps of fur would be running the moors before he had the chance to peer out the entrance to camp.

"Congratulations, I guess." He half-heartedly let the words part from his maw before turning to find something else to keep him busy for a moment or two.
Back to top Go down
Sal

Sal

PostSubject: Re: Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 4:43 am

Yes, this was his ceremony. Rainkit's green eyes widened hopefully as he waited to hear who his mentor would be. Heronfeather seemed to pause, as if anticipating is reaction, and his claws scoured the dirt. Seconds passed by, feeling like moons, and then the words came out of the deputy's mouth. Myself. A shocked grin appeared on Rainkit's - no, Rainpaw's - face, and it faded slowly as he realized he probably shouldn't be acting like a kit now. He had to be mature as an apprentice. But I can't let Heronfeather feel like I'm sad with her as a mentor. He settled on a light smile and tapped noses with his new mentor.

As Yewkit came over, Rainpaw wheeled around, expecting a challenge or congratulations to come out of his former denmate's mouth. It was a bit halfhearted, and Rainpaw's ears flattened uncertainly. As Yewkit ambled away, the fluffy gray apprentice called out a slightly confused response. "Thank you...?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rainkit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1