Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Morning Swim [closed]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizz

Grizz

Sagittarius Horse

Morning Swim [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 7:19 am

Shellpaw darted ahead of his companions, weaving in a maddening zigzag through the reeds, imagining he was chasing a whimpering WindClan warrior to the river's edge, where he could cut them off and drag them into the murky deep. He could hear nothing but his own panting, faint giggles dying on his labored breaths as he ran for the bank. Soon, the trickling of the river and the buzzing of the bugs surrounding it was louder than his breathing, and he bundled his haunches. Shellpaw leaped, diving into the water with a satisfying splash. The cool water and ticklish bubbles surrounded his pelt as he succumbed to the blue abyss, waiting as his body sank, enjoying the way the sunlight rippled above him.

The silver apprentice paddled to the top of the river, his muzzle breaking the surface as he swam back to shore. He blinked water from his eyes to acknowledge Flowerpaw and Willowshade as they approached the edge. "Water's nice!" he gasped, shaking out his fur. "Thanks for taking me, Willowshade, since my dad's busy. Hey, what are we even doin'? Are we sparring? I could kick your tail, Flowerpaw, I bet!" Shellpaw smirked as he dropped to a crouch, teasing his sister as he wiggled his rump. "I can already swim like a trout, and I just got my name, so you know I'm good!"
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 am

The silver she-cat followed the two apprentices to the river, reminiscing on the last time she'd been here dealing with two apprentices at once. "Watch your tail in the river, Shellpaw," she cautioned. "The sand can hide Twoleg traps. Your mother nearly lost a paw to one when I was teaching her how to fish." Willowshade chuckled at the foolhardy apprentice's boasting and thought for a moment. "Now that I've told you that the river is booby trapped, why don't we do a little bit of fishing ourselves? Caution shouldn't breed anxiety, and we could always use more food if Violetbriar is gonna keep spitting out kits."

The warrior padded to the edge of the river, down a ways from where Shellpaw had been splashing around, and fixed her eyes on the bubbling blue stream. "You want to angle yourself so that your shadow doesn't fall onto the water, and wait for a fish to be in your reach. Be sure to account for the distortion of the water." Her paw darted out after a moment, striking into the water after a sizeable trout. The fish flopped out of the water onto the sand with a spray of droplets, and Willowshade immediately thwacked the fish on the head with her wet paw to kill it. "Make sense?"

Last edited by Asher on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://cxndyr.deviantart.com
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 am

The member 'Asher' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 5
Back to top Go down
Wraith

Wraith

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am

Flowerpaw walked beside Willowshade as they made their way to the river. She lifted a paw to guard against the water that splashed up from Shellpaw's wild dive into the river. She listened to her mentor warn of the traps, but then turned out the rest. She already knew how to fish. The calico female knelt next to the water and readied her paw to strike. She smiled triumphantly as she went for a large fish and scooped it up onto the shore.

Last edited by Whisper on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am

The member 'Whisper' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 7
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 am

Shellpaw removed his attention from Flowerpaw, who was on the whole disinterested in his antics. His ears flipped backward. His sister was more interested in training than play, it seemed. His lips pursed at Willowshade's cautionary tale, a sour taste in his mouth at the thought of his hunting time being cut short. He followed the warrior to the edge of the river, water still dribbling from his chin. Following her direction, he shuffled until his shadow lay behind him and lowered his head a whisker-length from the surface of the water. A dark shadow flickered to and fro in Shellpaw's vision. He narrowed his eyes, following with laser precision. It was a perch!

Meowing with delight, he quickly raised a paw high above his head before slicing it through the water at the small fish. He caught its tail, pulling it up as it flew across the bank and landed, flopping, at his side. "I got it! I got it! Ha! I caught a perch!"

Last edited by Grizz on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 am

The member 'Grizz' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 2
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 am

The silver she-cat observed the two apprentices from a distance, eyes following their each and every move. "Good job, both of you. Perch are tasty," Willowshade meowed with a wink to Shellpaw. "Let's each try to get a couple more, the fresh-kill pile looked rather small earlier."

She padded a few fox-lengths further down the river, eyeing the water intently as she walked before stopping a tail-length before a sizeable gar. Angling her shadow just so that it missed the crystal blue water as she readied to strike, the warrior's paw flashed into the water. The pointy-nosed fish bounced onto the sand, and not even a full moment passed before its life was ended by the silver tabby that had brought it to land.

Last edited by Asher on Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://cxndyr.deviantart.com
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 am

The member 'Asher' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning Swim [closed]   Morning Swim [closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morning Swim [closed]
Page 1 of 1