Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

the bolder thing to do

Go down 
+6
Stormy
Honey Badger
Hitsjolly
Wraith
Winterpaw
Asher
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

the bolder thing to do  Empty
PostSubject: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 11:10 am

Greenleaf, in its peak, came with a wet, oppressive heat that left the air of the forest thick and muggy. The moss and dirt underpaw was soft and moist, and not much cooler than the clammy air. A black she-cat paused at the border of the part of the forest that belonged to SkyClan, marked by massive evergreens and the carpet of pine needles that stuck to the dirt. Her normally bright amber eyes were dulled with the weight of her actions as she turned and looked at her kits that had gathered around her. Their journey out of ShadowClan territory, thus far, had been silent.

The small queen sat, taking a deep breath and letting her eyes fall closed as her lungs filled with the pine-scented air of the forest so far from the only place she'd ever lived, but so much closer to home.

"I want to be honest with all of you now, because you're old enough now to understand these things, or at least Magpiewing thinks so," Coal meowed, ears laying a bit flatter at the thought of the ShadowClan leader. "We've come here because your father is a SkyClan warrior, Lionflame. I have reason to believe that Silverstar will at the very least give you all a safe home, if not myself as well. I need you all to behave while I speak with him, okay? Your father will be ecstatic to meet you all." I hope, she thought to herself. It had been moons since she'd actually seen him, as she had been more or less confined to camp after the kits were born; whether intentional or not, she had not been to any Gatherings since the one invaded by rogues.

"I still don't regret my decision, and while you would have led simpler, safer lives in ShadowClan, part of me is glad that you chose to leave with me. There is no warmth, only loyalty, and Lionflame has been one of the only cats to really see me for who I am and not for my claws and teeth." Coal then turned and continued into SkyClan territory, her only guide being a muddled description she had gotten from Lionflame and Breezebranch many moons ago. It was not long before she noticed the pine trees thickening, though, and the scent of SkyClan growing stronger. As they breached the thick wall of trees, a cave came into view. "We're here."

Marching directly into the entrance of their camp, the black she-cat stood tall, her kits in tow, tail twitching with the anxiety she was very much trying to ignore.

"I need to speak with Silverstar."
Back to top Go down
http://cxndyr.deviantart.com
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 11:43 am

Silverstar was pacing around in his den, still troubled by the gathering. The tension with the rogues only grew worse by the day. He still wasn't sure what to do about it. He then stepped outside and laid down on the High Ledge, closing his eyes. All he wanted was for the feeling to leave, but it hasn't. Not since the gathering.

He suddenly opened his eyes and looked up with perked ears. The sound of the someone entering camp, someone unfamiliar. His golden eyes widened as he saw the figure of a black she-cat and her kits and the smell of ShadowClan hit his nose. He slowly stood up and walked to the edge of the High Ledge as his tail slowly waved side to side. "That would be me." he spoke to the she-cat in a calm but slightly forceful tone. "Who are you?" he asked in a similar voice. Why would a ShadowClan queen bring herself and her kits to SkyClan camp alone? Whatever the reason, he seriously doubted that this time would be the best time for it.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Coal slowly approached the ledge of rock that the grey cat stood on top of, forcibly keeping her fur flat. She did not feel at home in ShadowClan, but boy was an unfamiliar camp much worse. "My name is Coal, and I've been exiled from ShadowClan," she replied simply. "I don't want to wander aimlessly with my kits with those rogues prowling the forest. At the very least, please give them a safe place to call home, where they can grow up with their father," the queen sighed, ears lying flat in shame. "Lionflame is their father."

Shame had not once been something she had felt when she was still in ShadowClan, because her loathing for the Clan had far overwhelmed it. Now that she was free of her warriorhood, of her origins, she realized exactly what she had done. The code mattered not to her, but her kits would forever be followed by their muddied blood. She was, frankly, terrified for Flashkit, but he had made his choice and she respected it. Not to mention, she had to out Lionflame to his Clan, too; now her mate had to deal with the same derision she faced. In that moment, Coal hated herself, because all of this could have been avoided. Part of her hoped that Silverstar would turn her away, because she wasn't sure how she would look her mate and kits in the eye ever again.
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Silverstar's eyes narrowed as Coal explained herself. Lionflame? "Out of all my warriors, I didn't expect Lionflame to do something like this." he said blankly. He broke eye contact with the queen, taking a moment to fully process that fact. His gaze went back to Coal, trying to think through the consequences of every option he had in this situation.

"It wouldn't be morally correct to leave a queen and her kits out in the wild, especially with the rogues around. Neglecting kits is against the warrior code. Plus, Lionflame and his family are some of my best warriors. Turning on you would be like turning on them." he thought out loud. His gaze softened, but his shoulders tensed up a bit. He tilted his head to the side as he broke eye contact again. "However, there's still things to consider. I have let in rogues before, but they weren't exiles. Taking you in would start tension with ShadowClan, and we already have rising conflict with the rogues."

He then turned his head back to Coal, "And unless we manage to make peace with Magpiewing, we'd be fighting two enemies at the same time. Even if we'd have ThunderClan and RiverClan on our side, ShadowClan could ally with WindClan. Then the entire forest would be at war with itself, all while the rogues are still a threat." His shoulders loosened as he sighed. "I hate denying cats shelter or food when they need it, especially kits, but taking you in puts us in an even more difficult position than we're already in." he spoke, hints of conflict in his voice and the forcefulness completely gone. He felt his heart clashing with his mind as he struggled to weigh the options. Sometimes he felt conflicted but deep down he knew what he wanted, but this time, no matter how much he searched within himself, he was still unable to decide.
Back to top Go down
Wraith

Wraith

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 11:57 pm

Iceheart looked up from his nap at seeing the Shadowclan queen from the gathering walk right into her camp. Her belly no longer hung low and she was now surrounded by several kits. Curious, he sat up to listen as she openly conversed with Silverstar. As she did, two confident words flashed across his mind... Knew it. His blue and green eyes grew concerned as they continued and he wondered if Silverstar might turn her away to avoid a war. Alright, Iceclaw, now's as good a time as any to make yourself useful and think of something.

As if his paws were guided by another, the snowy tom finally stood and approached his clan leader, giving a respectful nod of his head. "Silverstar, make I make a suggestion? The kits have made it this far, but they're clearly exhausted and would have remained in their camp until they were 6 moons. Coal may have been banished, but Shadowclan doesn't have to know that we are sheltering her. If she remains in camp and we limit who goes to the next gatherings, Shadowclan will never know until the kits are grown. By then, no one will care what happened a year ago," he offered, surprised at the sound reasoning of his own words. No, Iceclaw's words. The tom broke his gaze away and looked down at the kits hiding beneath their mother and his heart swelled. They may not be blood, but these young cats were his family and he instantly knew he would die to protect them
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 3:54 am

Coal's eyes flickered to the side, catching the blue eyes of the white cat she'd met at her last Gathering. No-- only one of his eyes was blue? Now isn't the time, she rebuked herself before dipping her head in thanks to the cat who had vouched for her. "I won't object to any restrictions; I have no interest in causing problems for your Clan, I just want my kits to be safe," she meowed earnestly, amber eyes bright with unshed tears.

"I will fight for your Clan with my life if you choose to let me stay, but I can find my own way if you would rather not risk tension with ShadowClan. My kits are unlikely to be blamed for my actions, please take them, but if you do not want to harbor an exile I understand." She did understand, as much as she hated to admit it, hated that she might never be able to see her mate again, loathed that she may be separated from her kits, but it made sense. The safety of the Clan comes first, especially over the life of an outsider.
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 6:09 am

When given the choice of staying in Shadowclan or going with her mother, Amberkit (Amber?) chose to go with her mother.

The decision wasn't so tough. At first. But when Flashkit said that he was going to stay in Shadowclan, Amber's whole world shattered. She wanted to stay with Flashkit, so he wouldn't be lonely.

But it was already too late.

Amber had followed her mother, crying. Crying that Coal had been kicked out of Shadowclan. Crying that Flashkit would be alone. Crying that Amber lost her brother and that they wouldn't be able to see each other for a long time.

The normal happiness and curiosity of the young she-kit was gone.

She was of course surprised with the fact that she was half-clan. But then it made sense. And it was very clear in Amber's own pelt.

Amber followed her mother into what she presumed was Skyclan's camp. She hid under her mother scared of the cats staring at her. Usually she was fine with staring. She was fine from the stares she'd get from the Shadowclan warriors and apprentices. She was fine with staring until, well you know.

Amber turned her gaze towards one of her brothers that went with their mother. "I'm scared." Was all that she managed to squeak out.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 7:47 am

Cypresskit's ears twitched at the sound of unfamiliar voices, stepping from the nursery as he took in the sight before him. He didn't recognize the she-cat that stood in the middle of the camp, of the harsh strange smell that rolled from her and her...Kits. There were kits - cluttered around her paws and hiding from the gazes of the SkyClan cats. What did they want? They had clearly come to get something from SkyClan as he tried to follow the conversation, eyes widening at the mention of ShadowClan. So the queen had gotten herself kicked out of ShadowClan... His eyebrows furrowed at that, suddenly wondering what she had done to get herself and her kits kicked out. He heard something about a SkyClan warrior - Lionflame. He didn't know Lionflame all that well and he hadn't quite grasped what about the warrior had been mentioned but... He curled up just outside of the nursery, fixing the strangers with a wary gaze. Sounded like all the queen wanted was a safe place for her kits but...Who knew if there was any other motives for her actions.
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 8:57 am

Silverstar's gaze went over to Iceheart's as he vouched for Coal and her kits. The leader was honestly surprised at the warrior's sudden approach, giving him an admittedly, mostly sound, idea. He drew in a deep inhale and let it out slowly before he replied, "If Magpiewing knows that Coal's mate is one of our own, then he'd already be suspicious of us, even if we tell him otherwise. I doubt things will be so simple..." He sighed as he looked back at Coal. "But even if it is complicated, at the end of the day, leaving a mother and kits in the wilderness, even if there weren't rogues around, wouldn't be right. And though I commend your compassion in your willingness to be turned away if it meant the safety of your kits, seperating them from you wouldn't be any better."

He broke eye contact one last time, giving himself a few more seconds of silence in order to finalize his decision. Once he looked back at Coal and the kits, the conflict in his voice was gone as the inner debate inside him resolved and he could finally speak perfectly clear. "It's with these things in mind that I make my final decision." he took a deep breath before continuing.

"I will allow Coal and her kits to stay here, on a few conditions." He wrapped his tail around his paws as he spoke. "First, they can stay in the nursery. I will leave their safety to Lionflame, though anyone is free to assist them if they want. Secondly, I don't want Lionflame, Coal, or any of the kits to attend gatherings until we are absolutely sure any conflict with ShadowClan is completely resolved. We don't share a border with them, so patrols shouldn't be an issue. Just to be safe, I don't want them leaving camp for any personal reasons. Finally, we don't want any tension with ShadowClan whatsoever. Do not start any trouble and do not tell anyone from another clan that we are sheltering their exile. If a rumor spreads and Magpiewing finds out we were lying, it would make the situation worse than if we openly admitted to it."

He felt his shoulders relaxed as he spoke. For the first time in a while, he actually felt good about a decision... There were hints of uncertainty inside of him, but for the most part he felt like he chose right. It was, unfortunately, something that he hadn't felt in a while. He stared down at his clanmates. "That's my final decision..." he hopped off of the High Ledge and faced Coal, not approaching her as to not scare the kits any further. "I still need some time to decide if you'll just be sheltering here or if you're joining. But for now, you can stay here. One of my warriors can show you to the nursery."

Last edited by Winterpaw on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 11:51 am

"Coalspark!" Breezebranch called, realizing a second too late that she shouldn't know her. [color#339933]"Darling, whatever are you doing here?- oh! These must be the kits!"[/color] Her last sentence was drowned out in a purr, but she stopped short when she realized something rather important. Coalspark was in SkyClan camp. SkyClan camp. She was ShadowClan.

Oh stars.

Before she could ask anything, Silverstar spoke, and all she could do was turn her huge green eyes towards the small queen. "Oh, dear, this is just wonderful! Come on, come on, don't dawdle love, your kits must be famished, and oh, darling, you as well. Oh, Lionflame will be so happy to see you! Come along, it may not look much, but the nursery is quite comfortable."

And just like that, Breezebranch was whisking away the queen and her kits.
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 12:43 pm

Tiger clung to Coal's legs as he and his siblings collapsed in the unfamiliar camp. He wheezed a few times, recovering from the exertion of the long walk. He looked up at the strange, angry looking cat above him. Coal had said very little about where they were going or what they were going to do. All he knew was that ShadowClan didn't want them anymore. Another wave of tears threatened him as he reopened the wound of their exile. Maybe he should have stayed with Flashkit, but the venomous way Coal regarded them changed his mind rather quickly. She wouldn't put them in danger.

Our father? he thought as his mother explained the circumstances. We came here for our father? As he lulled in and out of attention, key phrases began to hit his ears. Silverstar's voice was fatigued, but resolved. He made his decision, and as the plan was laid out, Tiger's mouth opened wide in horror. He tugged his mother's leg, as if she might sway him.

"N-no Gatherings?" he squeaked. "We can't even leave? I don't know who Lionflame is! Why can't my mother be in charge of my safety?" Tiger scurried under Coal's legs, tears freely flowing. "I wanna go home! I miss Flashkit! I miss the marsh! I wanna be called Tigerkit again! Mama, we gotta turn around and go home! If you ask nicely, Magpiewing will let us go back! Please, we can't stay here!" A new cat approached, with a sickeningly honeylike voice, talking like an old nursery queen. Tiger's ears flipped back at the sight of her, shrinking into Coal's pelt. He didn't like how she talked to them, like she knew them.

As Breezebranch ushered them away, Tiger wailed, long and loud, paws stuttering on the rocky ground.

Last edited by Grizz on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 12:52 pm

Earth had followed along with his siblings. He hadn’t questioned the choice he had made, he wanted to be with his mama, no matter what. Even if he wouldn’t see Flashkit. Truth be told, he didn’t enjoy being outside of Shadowclan. He wished he was a part of a clan again, but I guess most of them were. He had heard whispers of strange cats, rouges who would attack. It scared him  auto, more than he wanted to admit.

He listened to the conversation Coal and Silverstar were having. He heard his brother, Tiger speak. The brown kit rolled his eyes. ”I don’t think it’s fair either! Why don’t we get to do what the other apprentices get to do? Why can’t we be like them?” he groaned at the leader.

Breezebranch’s approach made him step back to. She seemed way too....nice sounding. ”I wanna go back to Shadowclan, not stay here!” he complained, but against his will, he was whisked off to the nursery.
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 12:55 pm

Shrikethorn walked into camp like she was being punished. She didn't care for being in camp, that much was clear. She dropped a couple of mice onto the fresh-kill pile, then noticed Breezebranch attempting to whisk a queen and her kits off to the nursery. A queen who smelled like...ShadowClan? Her lip curled. Again? It seemed like every time she turned around, there was another outsider being welcomed into their home with open paws. It was disgusting. One of the kits seemed to have some sense, though. Clearly he wasn't pleased with this situation, either. She heard the name Lionflame, and scoffed.

Of course one of Breezebranch's children would seek a mate outside of the Clan. The mother didn't seem to care much about Clan lines, what with her willingness to take in every lost cat in the forest. The only time they had agreed was when she showed some sense and didn't approve of a murderous rogue.

SkyClan was being betrayed from the inside. All the worry about the rogues, when really, it seemed they needed to worry about themselves.

Last edited by Patch on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 1:02 pm

Amber heard that she wasn't allowed to go gatherings. "Why? I wanna see Flashkit again. When were apprentices! I wanna go back to Shadowclan! I wanna be curled up back in my nest!" Amber cried out, fat tears rolling down her cheeks.

Another cat came, her voice sounding far too sweet to be true. "NO! I don't want to go into the nursery! I want to be back at Shadowclan! With Flashkit!" Cried out the young cream and ginger she-kit. "I don't wanna meet Lionflame! I don't want to go into your nursery! "

Though as much as the she-kit tried, she was of course too weak to fight against Breezebranch's motherly approach.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Cypresskit watched the entire situation unfold in silence, his tail curled around his paws as Silverstar agreed to take in the cats - with one of the older she-cats being absolutely thrilled at Coalspark's presence. His eyes widen however as he realized where Breezebranch was leading the group - straight towards him as he sat at the entrance of the nursery. He straighten up, his lips curling back in a moment of uncertainly as he tried to think upon his next course of action. Ducking right into the nursery was an option but if Silverstar was letting them stay here for one reason or another then he didn't want to appear rude and reveal how...Uncertain he was about this.

For a couple heartbeats, he was locked in place before he heard the kits start to cry out about how they didn't want to be here - how they wanted to be in ShadowClan instead. His gaze bounced from kit to kit before he took in a deep breath, pushed himself to his paws and stepped forward with a soft, fake smile. "I can assure you that this isn't a bad place to be. I dunno if I would like leaving my camp like that and I'm sorry you can't go home but if Silverstar said we are gonna take care of you, then we are going to take care of you," he added with a nod of his head.

On paw it was true - he knew enough that disobeying Silverstar was bad. If he was going to allow them to stay, then he guessed he would just have to make do. "I dunno what happened back in your camp but you'll make plenty of friends here! I don't think the nests between the camps are all that different and I think your momma just wants what is best for you, like all mommas." There was one thing that caught Cypresskit's attention and that was that they were all crying about a Flashkit. He didn't know who Flashkit was but he wasn't sure if them missing Flashkit so badly was going to be good or bad.
Back to top Go down
oryx
site moderator / resident gamer girl
site moderator / resident gamer girl
oryx

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 8:09 pm

A large sparrow hung from his jaws, gently bumping on his cream fur with every stride, brown feathers contrasting starkly against his lighter coat, and he fought off a sigh. According to Iceheart, sighing had become a regular part of his routine now, but he just couldn't help it. It was the only way of expressing his jumbled ball of feelings regarding the lack of Coalspark he'd been seeing, especially after the turmoil of the last time he'd seen her. In that short gathering, he had been told he'd get his deepest wish and then bore witness to an ominous threat from the rogues. In the nights following the gathering he had gone out constantly under the guise of checking for any rogue scents - which great stars was there a lot of them lately - but had unfortunately seen nothing of his mate. It was driving the tom a little stir-crazy really, all he could do was go out hunting to pass the time and attempt to alleviate some of the deep-rooted anxiety. 

This had been one of those trips and like all the others, he was still left gnawing on the inside of his cheek and battling the tight grip worry had on his heart. As his paws found the familiar trail home, a faint but incredibly familiar scent tickled his nose. Could it- could it be? He immediately found his slow mopey crawl increase dramatically to an almost sprint, and as he travelled closer and closer to camp his suspicions were confirmed that it was indeed Coalspark's scent, and with it were many similar but even fainter scents. The feathered prey continued to bump aggressively against his chest, right up until he stood in camp.

A pang of relief tingled through his paws to his tail-tip as he noticed the cats in gathering were not radiating off aggressive or worried vibes, in fact the atmosphere felt calm and accepting. It was like the first day of warm sunshine after a harsh newleaf, and Lionflame's breath hitched in his throat as he saw her. The sparrow fell at his paws, feathers tickling the tips of his claws as he stared in absolute awe of the molly. As beautiful as the day they met, dark fur groomed against her small frame, amber eyes that burned a hole straight through his soul. He had arrived in time to hear the tail-end of what they were discussing, with Silverstar allowing her and the kits to stay. Gratitude gave his paws the ability to move forward, and he allowed his tail to rest on Silverstar's shoulder for a moment, eyes flooded with tears that he desperately tried to blink away as he murmured, "Thank you. I will take any punishment you deem necessary just- thank you so much."

That same gratitude made his ears tingle as he watched Breezebranch, his mother by everything but blood nudge his mate and children towards the nursery. "Coalspark!" he purred, barrelling his wide muzzle into her shoulder and covering her head with licks as he enjoyed the blissful feeling of being reunited with the love of his life. Sadly, it wasn't enough to block out his kits begging to return to ShadowClan, crying about missing Flashkit - he had another child? - and worst of all, something that sent a pang of hurt rippling through his body, anger at the fact he was their father. Taking a step back, moisture unwittingly spilled down the corners of azure eyes as affection and deep happiness wormed through him and he took a deep breath, knowing they wouldn't feel any of that in return.

"I-I'm Lionflame. I'm your father," he began, voice a little shakey as his eyes flitted between all of the kits, they were so small - how could any cat in their right mind make them leave the warmth of the nursery just yet? No, that's not important right now. Let them know how much they mean to you, a voice breathed, and his fur spiked as he recognised the voice as his other mother, Flamefur. So she was watching... he mused to himself, giving Coal an incredibly warm look before allowing that look to trail to his children. "You're all so brave and strong for coming all this way, just like your mother. I could not have been more excited to meet you, and now you're here and-" he took a cautious step toward the small party of kits, he knew they were wary and didn't want to increase the dislike towards him, "-You couldn't all be any more perfect. I know you've had an awfully long journey but I promise it's worth it, you may have been born in ShadowClan but I assure you, this is home, and I will always be here to love and adore you," he murmured, voice soft and slightly hesitant, not wanting their resentment to increase. He followed his mother and mate into the nursery, before tapping the dark she-cat with a large paw, intending to speak to her. Not alone, just a quiet conversation away from the prying ears of his mother and kits.

"I'm so happy you're here," he said softly, brushing his muzzle across the side of her head in a display of support and affection. "But in saying that, I'm so sorry Magpiewing made you leave. I figure the lack of lighter coloured toms in ShadowClan may have given our little secret away - finally," he chuckled with a faint hint of bitterness as he realised once more that the leader kicked out a molly and her young kits. "I- I have so many questions. What are all their names? Were you okay on your own? Did Magpiewing or any other cat hurt you? Who- who is Flashkit?" Lionflame's last question tumbled from his maw before he could properly think it through, and he worried that the answer would be something like he didn't make the journey because he wasn't alive. "If- if it's too hard to answer, we can talk about it when you're ready," he immediately interjected, pressing his nose to her ear in another show of support. "And Coalspark, you are truly the most beautiful she-cat I've ever met. You will make an amazing mother and I will do everything I can to support you and our family. I love you so much," he brushed his tail-tip along the side of her face, breathing in her scent deeply before turning back to assist setting up the nursery.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 am

"Thank you," the queen meowed, bowing her head deep enough that her nose nearly touched the dirt. Coal visibly cringed at the appearance of Breezebranch. "It's.. just Coal, now," she corrected wanly. At her kits collectively beginning to freak out, she sighed and mentally prepared to enter mama mode given that it seemed they were finally beginning to realize the extent of their predicament. She did her best to shuffle along behind Breezebranch with the kits clinging to her legs and underside, pausing in her tracks when she heard the voice of her mate.

"Lionflame!" she purred, her tired features morphing into a proper smile. The queen listened to her mate's words and her chest grew tighter with raw adoration as he continued. She ducked down to eye-level of the kits, which wasn't really that far, and tried to look as encouraging as possible, giving a dip of her head in thanks to Cypresskit. "It's okay to be upset," she began, nuzzling her head against Tiger before continuing. "And change is hard. Magpiewing isn't the type of cat to go back on his word, and I don't want to risk your safety by testing him." Coal licked back a few stray tufts of fur on Earth's head while she thought on her words. "I'll be honest; I miss home too. In time, though, this can be home, and here you'll have your father to protect you, too. It'll be okay."

Her amber eyes pressed closed for a moment as she thought about Flashkit. "Magpiewing gave you all a choice, and Flashkit made his choice. He will always be your brother, just as he will always be my son. Silverstar's restrictions are for the safety of us and for the safety of the cats keeping us safe," she explained. "I'm sure they won't last forever, and when you all are old enough to be apprentices, you can still go hunting and on patrols. It won't be all bad."

The queen gave a world-weary sigh before giving Breezebranch a grateful look. "This is Breezebranch. She's Lionflame's adopted mother. I know she can come on a little strong, but she just wants to make sure you all are safe and happy," Coal explained. "You're all such brave little warriors, and I really am sorry that I've put you through this. Now that we're safe, though, you all might feel better if you try to get some sleep. We had a long journey." She gave each kit a loving nuzzle before nodding to Lionflame. "I'll be right back to snuggle. I promise Breezebranch doesn't bite," she reassured before following Lionflame a few tail-lengths away.

"I'm glad to be here," Coal replied honestly. "Magpiewing confronted me about who their father was, and I.. was admittedly a bit crass in my response. He stripped me of my warrior name, exiled me and named me as a permanent enemy of ShadowClan. The kits were given a choice to stay, and only Flashkit chose to stay." Tears flowed into her fur before she even noticed they were gathering. "I miss him, but I'm proud of him for the courage that took." She inhaled deeply, trying to collect herself.

"The journey was difficult but we made it unscathed. The cream-colored she-cat is Amber, the orange tom is Tiger, the brown-black tom is Earth and the black one is Night," the queen meowed, a soft smile gracing her features as she thought of her kits. "Magpiewing changed their names as well," she added after a moment, smile turning into more of a grimace. "No one touched us, but Magpiewing was clear that he wouldn't hesitate to kill me if I go back." Some part of her distantly hoped that she would be able to go to Gatherings some day, if just to let Briarkit and Sweetkit know that she was okay.

"I love you too, Lionflame." Coal pressed her face into his chest for a moment before looking him in the eyes. "I'm sorry for springing all of this on you. You're wonderful," she meowed earnestly.
Back to top Go down
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 5:14 am

Silverstar's nodded as Lionflame entered the scene, feeling the warrior's tail on his shoulders and sensing the gratitude from him. "I figured not going to gatherings and only going out for patrols is punishment in itself. Aside from that... I can say that I am extremely disappointed. I did expect better of you than to take a love in another clan. Even so, exiling you after letting your mate and kits stay seems unfair." he softly spoke before Lionflame went to Coal. His head tilted to the side as he heard the kits start to complain about the restrictions, including saying something about not leaving camp at all. They must have misheard him. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "Anyways, the cats I mentioned aren't allowed to leave camp for personal matters, like going for walks or hunting by themselves for fun. If the kits become apprenticed under our name, they'll still be able to go train with other apprentices."

He then watched as Coal comforted her kits, and as Lionflame and her comforted one another. They really did seem like a family. He gave a quick look towards all of his clanmates. Some of them won't be happy with this decision. The sense of bliss faded with that realization, but he still had to be ready for any sort of backlash for this. He turned around and headed back to his den.
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 1:13 am

Earth listened hesitantly to the comforts around him. He didn’t quite trust these cats, not yet. What if they cast him and his family out, like Magpiewing had. But hearing Coal speak made him feel better. He looked at the warrior called Lionflame. Was he really their father? It was pretty evident in some of the pelts of his siblings, but, he wasn’t Shadowclan. He looked around at every tine, and with a little nod he mewed, ”I...maybe it won’t be so bad here.” His yellow eyes grew more confident, and he looked at a his new clan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the bolder thing to do    the bolder thing to do  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the bolder thing to do
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: The Forest Territories :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: