Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Keep Me Company?

Go down 
+2
oryx
Middy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 6:43 pm

To say that the day had been rather dull would be an understatement. Since his groggy awakening during the crisp and clear morning, nothing of notice had occurred. Just the same old chores to be done around the camp. Nettlesplash hadn't been able to take them out to train for a few days so both he and Crakepaw had been stuck trying to entertain themselves however they could. Whitepaw spent each and every day completing mundane tasks. He normally enjoyed lending a paw to whoever needed it but after a certain point, it could get repetitive. It was now sunhigh and it felt like his day had barely progressed at all. He desperately needed a change of pace. Anything that would distract him for even just a tiny bit was certainly welcomed. The only thing he could think of was leaving the camp to go on a stroll. Normally, Whitepaw would go out alone and do his own thing but today, he really wanted some company.

After a bit of pondering on who he'd "pester" to come with him, he decided on his ol' bud Crakepaw. At least, he hoped they were friends. It sure seemed like it but you could never be certain. Whitepaw admits that he isn't very good at reading others. If he was, it'd be easier to tell if his relationship with someone was even that far along. There's only one way to find out and it's to seek out the younger apprentice then ask him to tag along. Seemed simple enough but, Whitepaw was a bit nervous. He's hoping that he wouldn't interrupt anything Crakepaw could be doing or is planning to do. It always made him feel embarrassed and guilty. He knows he shouldn't feel that way but it's just how he is. He just needed to get it over with. Either response would be okay. He had to stop overthinking things. It was a big flaw of his.

Once he had spotted his denmate, the light-furred tom made his way over. He cleared his throat to try and gain his attention. As soon as Crakepaw heeded him, he offered the younger a grin that, to his dismay, wavered a bit before beginning to speak, "Crakepaw? Are you busy? If not, wanna come take a walk with me? We can also catch a few things on our way back if you want. B-But it's okay if you don't want to or just can't. I understand..." The lick of confidence he gained had apparently vanished. Whitepaw shuffled his paws and looked away as he awaited an answer, face burning in mild embarrassment. He hated how he stuttered a bit near the end. The large apprentice mentally sighed. He supposed that he should have been used to it by now.
Back to top Go down
oryx
site moderator / resident gamer girl
oryx

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 7:22 pm

Much like his denmate, Crakepaw was bored to tears, the lack of training coupled with his moon of being unwillingly confined to camp had begun to sour his mood a little, to the point he couldn't even find it in him to go and visit the queens and their kits. Just to be clear, it's something he was not fond of doing, of course. A huff escaped his jaws as he rolled onto his other side, paws stretched high above his head and tail slightly kinked as he engaged in his angrily wriggling, an unfortunate habit he become quite prone to. It was better than shredding moss or yelling at kits like his favourite grumpy warrior, Nettlesplash, but it left his coat rather full of dust.

Now he was even more annoyed, the radiated heat from the sun was getting on his nerves, and now his fur felt greasy with the addition of a layer of grime and dirt, fresh off the RiverClan camp ground. A low growl laced with anger rumbled deep from his chest as his sat up, grooming his long fur with deft strokes, pleased to feel the action gradually releasing some frustration. Wow, I need a hobby, that's for sure, Crakepaw mused with a snort, digging out dirt from in between his pawpads, before turning to groom his excessively long tail. A familiar voice met his ears, and he grinned at his denmate and fellow apprentice, before his grin fell a little lopsided and marred with confusion. Why in StarClan's name was Whitepaw being so awkward? He was rather calm and composed around Nettlesplash, displaying the same brand of humour as yours truly, but here the white-furred tom was- stuttering and seeming rather mild-mannered.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but there is absolutely nothing to do in this boredom trap of a camp. If a rogue asked me to run away with them right now, I would genuinely consider the offer, I am that bored. I would love to come, wherever you plan on going," Crakepaw's voice was full of humour as he stood, arching his back in a stretch, slowly making his way out of the camp and hoping the older apprentice would take the lead. He had no qualms in doing so, however he didn't want to take the role of leader of this excursion away from Whitepaw away. "Also Whitepaw, you sounded like a tom confessing his feelings for a pretty little she-cat he's been padding after for moons," he poked his tongue out at the other tom, hoping to lighten his apparent anxiety with the same humour he had been privy to for moons at this point.
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 5:50 pm

"Oi! I was just a bit...hesitant to bother you. I'd have felt a bit guilty if I interrupted anything you might've been doing. I know we were stuck in camp for a while but I wasn't sure if you were just as bored as me..." grumbled the larger apprentice as he pouted at Crakepaw, nose wrinkling as he looked at the other through squinted eyes. His expression wavered a bit before completely melting away into a more amused one. He let out a snort as he contained most of his laughter. He couldn't even act annoyed even if he wanted to, especially with those he considered close friends and family. It seemed like it just wasn't in his nature. He wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing. Hopefully he at least looked somewhat intimidating to his "enemies".

The white-furred tom quickly began to follow behind his friend but not before sticking out his tongue at Crakepaw, his reply to the other tom's previous gesture. He appreciated the effort given by his friend to lighten the mood. It had worked well since now Whitepaw was feeling relaxed but also a tad playful. He was now like his old self. That was more like it. No longer the meek shadow of his being that when he opened his mouth, nothing but stutters or awkwardness tumbled out. It suited the large tom much more. He prayed to StarClan that he continue to harbor this type of confidence.

Whitepaw shouldered his peer lightly as he led the way toward the territory, a goofy grin plastered onto his face. It was due to his current bout of thinking. His mind was swirling with a certain thought that refused to be pushed away no matter how hard he tried. He knew it was a personal topic but maybe Crakepaw would give some sort of response, vague or detailed, while they were alone and there was nobody else to eavesdrop. He held his tongue until they were a distance away from the camp. The walk had been in a comfortable silence. It was just what he needed to gather himself. Hopefully Crakepaw appreciated it as well. Now, however, it was time for Whitepaw to drop the questions. "Crakepaw," began the older tom with a hint of curiosity in his voice, "you got someone ya like? Someone that catches your eye? Perhaps your heart? Sorry for just suddenly asking these types of questions but I couldn't help but think about 'em after your comment about me sounding like I was confessing my feelings." He gently flicked the other's ear with his tail as he awaited an answer, verbal or not.

Last edited by Middy on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 8:10 pm

"Relax, we're pals. If you wanted to sneak into ShadowClan, I would readily accompany you. Perhaps a less than great idea, but hey, I wouldn't judge," he laughed, before realising how vaguely pushy it sounded. "Not that I recommend we do that, I mean, unless you really wanted to," Now Crakepaw was left fumbling for words, almost sounding confused at the way the words seemed to tumble out, lacking any form of class or cohesion. "Think I better shut up now before I sound any more like you," he ended playfully, following after the stocky white tom. What in Stars was that, idiot? he thought ruefully, it was hardly like him to verbally stumble, and he could barely find a reason as to why it happened.

In part he appreciated the silence on the walk, he liked being given the opportunity to really appreciate the landscape around him, especially after the numerous stories he'd heard about the mountains. The feel of water swirling around his paws, soft bird call and the swaying of willow trees appealed far too much to the young tom, he couldn't imagine ever trading what he had for the bleak rock of rising mountains. Inwardly he suppressed a shudder - no use dwelling on something that was in no way a problem he currently faced, or ever would face for that matter.

Before long their trek through the territory drew to a close, and they stopped in a clearing of sorts; not far off the beaten path and laden with green growth, indicative of the season they found themselves in. He noticed a cheeky grin on his friend's face, and confusion once more displayed itself across his face as he listened to Whitepaw's words, the explanation given was not nearly sufficient for Crakepaw. "Hmm, using what I said seems like a cheap cop-out really, I don't think it was strong enough to spark this sort of thought. Someone just wants to gossip!" he purred, deflecting for a moment as he thought. "Although, I guess the queens have worn me down greatly, I'll indulge this just for you. To answer your question, I have absolutely no idea. Adderpaw initially caught my eye a little, however I'd definitely prefer not to be struck down by the stars themselves, and I respect her position far too much. Shellpaw I have to admit is rather... fetching, but we've yet to speak and I don't really plan on it, he really appears to lack any form of substance." Is there anyone else? the caramel tom wondered, taking a moment to really look at Whitepaw, confusion immediately bubbling in his chest. They were just friends- right? He fought off shaking his head, instead casting a mischievous glance at the elder apprentice. "Now, your turn. Answer up, I bared my ugliest truths, it's the least you can do!"
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Whitepaw couldn't help but let out a huff as his motive for the questions he asked had just been exposed. He couldn't find any words to throw back at the other. He, begrudgingly, resorted to nodding his head, a sheepish expression on his face. He quickly signaled that he was ready to listen to what Crakepaw had to say. He couldn't deny that he was really intrigued at the moment. His inner self, for a reason that he couldn't quite explain, preened at the thought that his friend liked and trusted him well enough to actually agree to answer. He didn't have to but he was doing it. It made him feel warm inside.

As Crakepaw began, Whitepaw subconsciously leaned closer and closer as he attempted to take in the new information that his friend was revealing about himself. He nearly toppled over when he started to lean a little too far. He quickly corrected his stance, eyes looking everywhere but at the younger tom. He was mildly embarrassed to have done that but he played it off. The whole time, Crakepaw seemed as to not have noticed since he had not paused once in his talking. At least, he wasn't showing any indication that he had witnessed Whitepaw's strange behavior. It relaxed him to know that he may be in the clear of any teasing...hopefully.

The stocky apprentice shifted away as carefully as he could, an attempt at being inconspicuous. Once he was at, what he deemed to be, an acceptable distance from the smaller apprentice, he finally carried on listening. It wasn't long when something that was said struck him. He tensed up a bit when Crakepaw mentioned Shellpaw. He had been...interested in his brother? He didn't exactly say "interested" but, to Whitepaw, it seemed implied. There was a feeling that bubbled in his chest. It felt...ugly. Like dark and thunderous storm clouds slowly taking over a once bright and sunny sky. It didn't feel good at all. He couldn't put a claw on it. He had never felt this way before. Honestly, it scared him. Where did this even come from? A little voice in the back of his mind taunted him. It told him that he did, in fact, know what this was and what caused it. Whitepaw pushed it away but before it was fully vanished from the forefront of his thoughts, it whispered, 'You know, Whitepaw, jealousy doesn't suit you very well. What would Crakepaw think? Would he really want to be with someone who's jealous of his bro-' No! Go away. That isn't it at all...is it? He did say he doesn't really plan on speaking to him. Right. There's no need to feel "protective" of your little brother. Yeah! That's it! He had been feeling protective of Shellpaw! It's how big brothers act. So naturally, he had to act that way too. 'Oh StarClan, let it be that...'

The light-furred apprentice was fully shaken out of his thoughts when the other began to directly address him. "Huh? O-Oh! Well..." What could he even say? Now that he's thinking about it, he's never really gotten "interested" in someone. To be honest, he's never really thought of anyone in any way other than a friend, whether it be a close one or not. He had to come up with some sort of answer. Couldn't leave Crakepaw hanging. After a few moments of consideration, he decided on just responding truthfully. It was best to be transparent. Especially with those close to you.

"You see...I...I never really thought about someone in that type of way. I know my answer is pretty boring but it's the truth. Between you and me, i'm real nervous about this type of stuff. What if I mess up? What if I hurt them? Only StarClan knows if things are meant to last. I'd just want to see them happy and healthy. It's just how I am..." Whitepaw trailed off, voice soft with a slight melancholic undertone. His warm brown gaze held a gleam of thoughtfulness but also, something a bit...more. He held his sight steady with his companion's, as if he were trying to read his thoughts. Now that he took the time to look at Crakepaw, he was a really good-looking tom. Wait...What? Where did that come from? Why was he suddenly thinking all these thoughts? He shook them away as he did the previous ones. If he let them continue to manifest, his chest would hurt and tingle more than it already did. His expression quickly morphed into one that screamed "mischief". His body relaxed as he slowly raised a paw before suddenly, but gently, batting Crakepaw's ear with it. "Hope you enjoyed our mini gossip session. I personally think it was interesting. Don't know about you." he meowed, a lot of mirth behind his words. Hopefully the awkwardness would be forgotten and they could continue on their stroll, maybe even hunt for a bit. However, deep in the back of his mind, he knew that they both won't be forgetting this any time soon.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 10:02 am

Surprise and amusement glittered his gaze at the way the tom leaned further and further in at his words; a wry smile crossing his features as he considered the possibility of Whitepaw toppling straight over, his white fur would have immediately been dusted with the colours of the ground beneath, and amid his respect for the elder apprentice he wouldn't have been successful in staving off laughter. Almost immediately the tom was back to his original position, and inwardly he pouted as the potential outcome of him falling over played on a loop within his head - his mind gradually trailing to how Crakepaw could've helped him back up, and oh stars, what if he had fallen on you?

His ears hot with the thought, he took note of the way the other tom tensed up at his mention of Shellpaw and felt a pang of guilt. That's his brother, minnow-brain. You wouldn't have enjoyed someone speaking about your sisters that way, the tom flashed him a weak, lopsided smile tinged with guilt, a poor attempt at a non-verbal apology. Although his brow creased in concern as his mood only seemed to grow darker and dimmer; was Shellpaw really that much of a sensitive subject? He'd avoid it for next time, his stomach tied into knots seeing his friend like this, especially knowing his words must have been some level of causation.

Relief bloomed in his paws as Whitepaw perked back up with his interaction, and he began to groom behind his ears as he listened, sandpaper tongue meeting his paw as the white tom stammered out another sentence. As he mentioned not feeling that way for anyone, Crakepaw felt like a thorn had very gently pricked his chest, deflating him like a twoleg toy. No one? he thought, although he didn't interrupt as more explanation was given to the previous statement. "That... seems pretty..." he trailed off as he met Whitepaw's eyes, caramel gazing into cedar for a prolonged moment. It felt like everything had stilled around the apprentice, his ears went uncomfortably warm and his thoughts ceased for the time being, and he could not - he didn't want to snap out of it. Before long, his friend had resumed normal antics and batted his ear slowly, and he felt like sparks lit up his entire frame as a result. All Crakepaw could do was nod at his next statement, mouth suddenly incredibly dry as his heart hammered in his ears.
Back to top Go down
Seer
site admin
site admin
Seer

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 3:25 am

Keep Me Company? Rogue10

Crakepaw & Whitepaw have been ambushed by a trespassing patrol of Rogues!

The stifling air was seemingly permeated with innate humidity, a lingering dampness that clung heavily to the hot breeze that occasionally brushed the riverside. The hungry chatter of the seasonably low waters effectively concealed the majority of small sounds, the gentle rustle of unnaturally parted reeds easily enveloped in the slow movements of the river and playful chatter of the idling Crakepaw and Whitepaw. As per the instructions of Bruiser, Blitz had managed to secure a small party - under the guise of effective quick travel and ideally superior numbers - and travel further inwards from their ragtag collection's hiding space in search of unsuspecting victims. Admittedly, the pair of young toms were a bit too young for her taste; likely less than a season old, likely to be easily defeated by the little party's presumably superior skill, wit, and strength, youth-soft features entirely too reminiscent of those of her own kits.

But they were the only group they had managed to find thus far, and it was better to be quick and quiet with their infiltration as compared to traipsing around and seeking out more worthy opponents. "Well, well, well..." Blit softly sang out as she slipped from the thick swathes of reeds and foliage that encompassed the riverside, silky voice harboring a thinly-veiled threat, "what do we have here?"

The opportunity to flee has been suspended, as the Rogues will pursue!
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 3:33 am

Poena hadn't been excited to join this party...Until Blitz had explained that it was a hunting party. She had spent moons sharpening her claws for a moment such like this and she could barely hide the twisted grin on her face as she followed her group leader out of the reeds. Look at them - she was almost disgusted by how...Calm the young cats had been. Lounging on territory that wasn't rightfully theirs, thinking that they were on top of the world and safe while she and the others had to fight tooth and claw for every scrap of a meal they ever got. Her grin faded into a sharp baring of teeth, growling as she stalked around the group - hating that she had to hold her claws until Blitz gave the signal but...Hmmm.

Maybe it would be fun seeing the terror in their eyes as they realized they were about to face the same fear that they had held for their entire life out in the twolegplace. A little terror followed by pain sounded like a wonderful way to start her crusade of revenge against the Clan cats.

Last edited by Badger on Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cotton

cotton

Libra Dog

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 4:57 am

Twice couldn't exactly say that he was looking forward to going out today, but what could he do? It wasn't as if he were in charge, and if he were to refuse in any way he would probably be killed or banished. He couldn't blame Bruiser, order had to be maintained somehow right? But surely violence wasn't the way to do it. Violence was what killed his family. A growl rose into his throat just thinking about it. Who was Bruiser to put himself in charge!? Maybe some of the other cats would make better leaders. Maybe he would make a better leader.

Rolling his mismatched eyes, he started staring off into space, a bright flash of color soon catching his eye. "Ooh, what a pretty butterfly!" He exclaimed to himself, his previous feelings of anger forgotten. Although he would never admit it to anyone, Twice loved collecting butterfly wings, but in secret of course. Looking ahead, he saw Blitz slow down a bit. Had she found someone? The tom eagerly dug his claws into the soft dirt under-paw, stifling the urge to run ahead and attack. This was exactly what he needed. Something to dig his hungry claws into.

Following the patrol leader through the reeds, he stared at the two toms on the other side of the river, trying to decide which one he would attack first. Although he wasn't passionate about getting this land in the slightest, he would still fight for it. He had no problem spilling blood, especially the blood of those who had killed his brother moons ago, and if he was able to get both revenge and land at the same time, he would be eager to come across a clan cat. Eyes narrowing to slits, he walked up beside Blitz and soon decided he would most likely go for the White one. Their age didn't really matter to him, as long as his itch for blood would be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 3:19 am

Reeds rippled as Valkov silently followed his fellows. Seeing two young clan cats was surely a good sign- a sign that he was soon to take his first sip of vengeance. He took a deep breath and stretched his claws. Finally. For years he had been waiting, waiting for this moment, waiting for blood and death and...justice. This forest was rightfully theirs, but for those "clan cats". He still remembered the moment when he turned back from fleeing, only to see his mother torn to shreds by the monstrous dog- and he saw these two clan cats no better than that beast. I'll just hope Blitz will make her orders quick. He thought to himself quietly, a smile hovering on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keep Me Company? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Me Company?   Keep Me Company? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keep Me Company?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: The Forest Territories :: The River-
Jump to: