Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed]   Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 5:32 am

Cypresskit sat perched on one of the many smaller ranks the were dotted around the SkyClan camp, watching his Clanmates as they went around their lives He was very close to being old enough to become an apprentice and was slowly counting down the days until his ceremony would be made. But until then, it was starting to become a bit...Boring being stuck in the camp. There were only so many cats he was willing to speak to, although he was getting better at masking his...Doubt about people. Voicing his suspicious and uncertainties didn't seem wise - if a cat weren't to be trusted, what use would there be in telling them that he didn't trust them? It was just easier to act nice and charming, act like he got along even if he wasn't sure what their motive was. At least...He was pretty sure he could trust the cats in SkyClan - he had heard the words of the warrior ceremonies and they had all made a vow to put SkyClan first but... Well, it was still better to be safe than sorry.

There was something else that was bothering him lately, something that made his skin crawl but he hadn't been able to put his claw on it yet. It was annoying but... He was sure he would figure it out at some point, for now he just wanted to focus on watching his Clanmates.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
ghost of $$$ past
Ripped

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed]   Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 12:52 am

Robintail emerged from the warrior's den for the first time after a long and well-earned rest. As she stepped into the evening sunlight, which crackled and danced against the shimmering stone, she stretched in appreciation of the warmth. Grogginess had overtaken the new warrior's senses. Shrikethorn had warned her what the vigil was like, although beyond the physical toll, few cats spoke of their own silent guardianship during the first night as a warrior. Now that the duty was fulfilled, it appeared that she had an evening to enjoy around camp. Her paws itched to go out on patrols but she knew that the clan's leadership had spared her from such duties tonight. As she padded towards the fresh kill pile, something caught her attention just out of the corner of her eye. She glanced up and found the frame of a kit against the stone.

"What are you doing up there?" Robintail inquired with a mild tilt of her head. Most kits danced around the paws of cats who were going about their daily tasks, or wrestled with the others. He simply appeared to be watching. It was curious.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed]   Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 3:31 am

There was a new flicker of movement that caught Cypresskit's attention, his head turning toward the warrior's den as Robinpa-No, Robintail, she had just gotten her name the day before, stepped out. He watched her path across the camp, unknowingly drawing rather close to him...Until she paused and turned to meet his gaze. His expression was stoic for a few heartbeats as he just watched her, before he shifted to hide it with a smile as she spoke up, questioning what he was up to. He slipped forward into a laying positioning, hanging his front paws off the edge of the rock as he gave the newly named warrior a soft smile. "Watching. What else does it look like?" he questioned, mirroring the tilt of her head. "I'm going to be an apprentice soon, I might as well get an idea how the other cats go about their lives so I know how to be...Useful. I'm going to have duties and stuff, I just want to get an idea of what might be expected from me."

It was a partial truth - getting an idea of what would be expected out of him and how to be useful would be well and good, but he was also looking for suspicious behavior. Every warrior had made a vow but telling a lie was as easy as breathing - he wasn't going to trust anybody until he was certain he knew their motives, even if they motives were boring and good spirited.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
ghost of $$$ past
Ripped

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed]   Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 pm

Robintail had never taken much interest in kits, given her own rigid dedication to duty and sorting through figuring out the demands this life had for her. It was a rare moment to find her attention directed towards the clan's youth. In the one night as a warrior, she had yet to even consider the idea of taking on an apprentice. But the response she got actually caused her to tilt her head. Admittedly, it took a moment to digest as she shook away the tendrils of sleep. There was something about this young kit; he possessed an ounce of smarts beyond the few moons of life. Usually kits were contented to prance around, and yet, here he was simply watching and pondering. Her whiskers twitched ever so slightly as an inkling interest crossed her maw.

"That's not a bad idea. You will make a fine apprentice and your mentor will be lucky to have you." Robintail finally responded with a flicker of her russet tail. She started to walk away but felt eyes following after, his watching still obvious. The new warrior shook her head ever so slightly before grunting, "You might learn a bit more if you ask." Observation would only get Cypresskit so far, perhaps the wisdom of an older cat would help him. It didn't have to be her, that certainly wasn't the impression that she hoped to portray. But he didn't seem to have the annoying nature of most kits. Maybe if she did happen to be the warrior he pestered, it would at least be bearable.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed]   Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Cypresskit couldn't help but grin a little as Robintail praised him, straightening up a little. He wasn't going to get anywhere in life if he didn't learn - his days as a kit were nearly behind him and it would take a lot of skill to get his warrior name once he was an apprentice. Even if he wasn't sure who he could trust, he knew that he wanted to be trusted - and being a great warrior of SkyClan would only help that. And besides, trust would help him perhaps figure out other's peoples motives. But...As the newly named warrior pointed out that he would perhaps learn more if he asked, he paused to consider that. "...Maybe. But how could I be sure that I wouldn't just be brushed off? Even if I am almost six moons, I am still a kit," he pointed out, before he stuck his tongue out with a huff. "I'm sure they would just try to dumb it down for me. I might be young but I'm not stupid."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed]   Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nothing Stays In Motion [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: The Forest Territories :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: