Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

The Best of Friends (for Badger)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

The Best of Friends (for Badger) Empty
PostSubject: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 9:16 am

Mothpaw bounded into camp after his first successful fishing trip, head held high to avoid tripping over the flopping fish tail. He'd caught a fish!!! Sure, the first one he'd missed, lost his balance on the rock, and fallen into the river, leaving him dripping wet but... He dropped it off in the fresh kill pile and, all but vibrating with excitement, he ran over to the apprentice den to tell his best friend about his success. Poking his inside head inside he called out, "Leopardpaw? Hey, are you awake?"
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 9:21 am

Leopardpaw had been asleep, and had actually been having a rather nice dream before suddenly Mothpaw's voice jolted him awake. With a groan, he rolled and stretched, trying to grasp onto the ideas of his dreams - simply knowing that it had been nice...Maybe it had been so nice because Mothpaw hadn't been anywhere to be seen in it, he wasn't sure. Slowly, his green eyes flickered open as he peered toward the entrance of the den. "I am now. What do you want?" he snapped, finishing his stretching before he curled back into a ball, not wanting to leave his nest any time soon - not even to try to get Mothpaw off his back for once.
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 9:30 am

At Leopardpaw's response, Mothpaw slipped in to the den, entirely oblivious to the water still dripping from his fur as he went, and crouched next to him. "Guess what! I caught my first fish! " He purred, not even pausing a moment to let Leopardpaw guess.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 9:42 am

For the briefest of heartbeats, Leopardpaw thought that maybe, just maybe, Mothpaw would catch the hint and leave him alone...But no, the apprentice wasted no time in approaching him as he was left to groan as he forced himself into a sitting position. His nap was over, it seemed it was time to entertain the turtle. "Wow, nice, congrats," he snarked, raising a paw to start grooming himself as he spared a glare at his companion. "You have literally managed to do the most basic thing that is expected of an apprentice. Clearly this is a time for celebration that was worthy of waking me up."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 4:49 am

"Yep!" Mothpaw chirped cheerfully, "Minnowstream said I did a really good job! I just went HYAH!" he demonstrated a swipe, flinging a clump of moss up into the air, "And I caught the fish!"
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 5:03 am

...Honestly, he should have figured that his sarcasm would go right in one ear and out the other. Leopardpaw flinched away as Mothpaw started to tear up his nest, quickly hoping to his paws."Amazing, I am sure  Minnowstream is just thrilled to have an apprentice as clumsy as you. You know, how about we continue this outside where even if I have to suffer through your story, you aren't going to be destroying my nest." He already knew that there wouldn't be any easy escape - Mothpaw was as dense as a rock and would never get the hints to leave him alone. It was his mistake, planting the idea that they were friends in the turtle of a tom's head. He wasn't even sure if the payoff was worth it, he hadn't gotten any great uses out of Mothpaw yet. With a flick of his tail, he padded from the den, certain that Mothpaw wouldn't waste any time following him. It was going to be annoying putting his nest back together...
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 5:48 am

Mothpaw blinked after Leopardpaw. He clumsily shoved the clump of moss back into Leopardpaw's nest, there, fixed, all better, before hurrying after his friend out of the den.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 5:55 am

He was a bit surprised as Mothpaw silently followed him, glancing over his shoulder as he laid down in the sunlight that was streaming into the camp. Well, at least it was a nice day out. "So..." he started, then he paused. He...Wasn't actually use to Mothpaw being quiet for a change and it was a bit unnerving. ...Dirt, was he actually about to prod the apprentice to continue on? "You managed to catch one fish? Or did you actually managed to somehow catch a couple? Cause either way, it is pretty amazing that you had the skills to do either."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Mothpaw flopped down in the sunlight beside Leopardpaw, gazing over at him. "I only got the one," he admitted as he rolled onto his back, stretching out his damp coat. I could have caught more but I can't carry more than one fish at a time, my mouth isn't that big."
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 4:10 pm

"Uh-huh," Leopardpaw meowed, giving Mothpaw a suspicious look. How...How could he not carry more than one fish? He was a giant tom, surely there had to be ways he could carry more than one fish....But then he paused as he rested his chin on his paws. But boy, did this give him things to work with. "I have to say, I am pretty surprise. I personally thought you had a huge mouth with how much you talk." He took a moment, before he flashed Mothpaw a grin. "...You know, I heard that a big paw is a sign of intelligence - at least compared to how big it is to your face. Its hard to tell how big your own paw is by yourself thought - we should try it with you."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 7:28 am

Mothpaw grinned back at Leopardpaw before tipping his head in curiosity and staring down at his large paws. "Is it?" He'd certainly never heard that before but Leopardpaw was older so... He had plenty more time to learn all this stuff. "Okay!" Mothpaw chirped, rolling back over and sitting up. He flipped his paw over, staring at his pink pawpads. And, surprisingly delicately, squashed it over his face. "How big is it?"
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 7:43 am

A smile worked its way across Leopardpaw's face as Mothpaw so easily believed him, holding his paw up. Slowly he started to raise his own paw with the simple plan of whacking Mothpaw's paw right into his face but... He hesitated. His paw hovered as he tried to figure out the strange feeling that made his heart heave...And slowly he settled back down, the amusement he was about to have suddenly not feeling...Right. Ugh. "...Its pretty big," he finally said, ears slicking back in slight disappointment. He wasn't sure what had gone wrong but...He guess he just couldn't bring himself to do that to Mothpaw. Frost. "Not that big but hey, I guess it does mean you have some brain in that head of yours."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 pm

Mothpaw rumbled out a purr as he dropped his paw back down Leopardpaw said he was smart! His eyes lit up as a thought suddenly occurred to him. "Now you do it! How smart are you?!" Leopardpaw was super smart so his paws must be extra big! Mothpaw's tail swished across the ground in excitement.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 3:06 pm

Leopardpaw hesitated, mouth opening and closing as he tried to think of the words. He...Well, he couldn't do it - it was a complete lie. He had just hoped to make Mothpaw smack himself in the face, he couldn't compare his paw to his own head because...Ah, he wasn't quite sure on the size difference there. He blinked, before he cleared his throat with a scoff. "Ah, I don't think its necessary. I already know how smart I am and there is no doubt there - I just...Ah, thought it would be better to double-check with you," he said coolly, really hoping that Mothpaw wouldn't press it any further. But already his mind was working on ways to perhaps get out of it if the apprentice did choose to push that direction.
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 3:26 pm

....That sounded almost like.... uncertainty? Mothpaw tilted his head, leaning in slightly with narrowed eyes as he squinted at Leopardpaw. Did he just not want to put his paw up to his face? It's not like it's hard or anything? "Sure you're smart! But I did it, so you do it too!" His whiskers rippled in amusement before he gently bumped his head against Leopardpaws'.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 4:38 pm

It took a lot in him not to squirm under Mothpaw's gaze as the apprentice urged him on, wincing as the tom bumped their heads together. Ugh...There was going to be no easy way out of this - Mothpaw's one track mind wouldn't let this go, would it? He spared a glance down at his paw, before he heaved a sigh of defeat. "Fine," he grumbled, raising his paw - spreading it out as much as he could to make it cover as much area as he could. He pressed it against his face, closing his eyes as he imagined how stupid he had to look like this. Ugh, the things he did to please Mothpaw...
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Mothpaw's fur fluffed up in satisfaction as Leopardpaw finally complied and held his paw against his face. He leaned closer to get a better look. Leopardpaw's paw was... Not big, but it certainly covered his face... Mothpaw glanced down at his own paw. He really didn't know how to compare the size of paw and face... Oh well, not that it really mattered anyway. "Yep, you're definitely smart!" He gave Leopardpaw's ear a quick, affectionate, lick, curling his tail around his paws with a purr. "I guess it was kinda silly to check, but now we know for sure!" he grinned at his best friend.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Leopardpaw was waiting on bated breath as he waited for an answer from Mothpaw, barely restraining his paw from shaking from how much effort he was putting in to making it as big as possible. Finally, the lump spoke up - that Leopardpaw was definitely smart - and relief flooded through him. He dropped his paw, letting out a sigh that he passed his own stupid test - so caught up in it that he didn't even think about reacting to Mothpaw as the bigger apprentice gave him a lick minus twitching that ear at him in the barest annoyance. "Tsk...I guess it is good that we know for sure," he said as he laid down, stretching out his paws before he just kinda flopped there. "Like it wasn't something up for debate - we both know how smart I am but...Ah, I guess a little more proof is nice." There was a pause as he closed his eyes, a soft hum escaping him - almost...Content in the presence of Mothpaw.

"...What do you think our warrior names will be?"
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm

Mothpaw purred again as he flopped down next to Leopardpaw, stretching out contentedly. Warrior names, huh? He'd never really given it too much thought, of course he'd always known he'd eventually become a warrior but... He hummed quietly, "Uuuh, I dunno..." He rolled onto his back to gaze up at the sky, white fluffy clouds drifting lazily overhead. "You're name should mean something about you so... You'll probably get a super cool name! Maybe like Leopardstrike or Leopardspark! I don't know what my name will be though..." He trailed off, still staring up at the clouds, "I guess I could be Mothfoot or Mothfur?" He flexed one of his large, fluffy paws as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 6:44 am

Pff, of course he was going to get an awesome warrior name - that wasn't something that Leopardpaw had doubted for a second. But it still left the question of what it would be. He mused over the two choices that Mothpaw had thrown out for him. Leopardstrike...Leopardspark....Hm, he liked them both and could live with either of them but he wasn't sure if they highlighted what was best about him - but he did suppose that was hard to sum up in a single name when everything was the best about him. His ear twitched as Mothpaw mentioned two of his own, sparing a glance at the large apprentice.

"Heh, I guess I wouldn't be surprised with either. Your good looks is about all you have going for you," he said, before he paused. He sat there for a few seconds, think about what he had said before he quickly shook his head. "But anyways, back to me," he said quickly, clearing his throat. "Those two weren't bad suggestions but I don't know if either of them really show off how great I am. Leopard...Leopard..." he fumbled for a proper word to fit... Before he paused, sparing a glance at the sky. "...Leopardsun? Cause, you know, important. High above, illuminating with my presence. All of that stuff."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 5:52 am

Sprawled on his back Mothpaw blinked, twisting his head to stare at Leopardpaw, still upside down. Leopardpaw thought he was good looking?!? A strange warmth filled his chest and lingered, even after Leopardpaw brushed past it to his own name. "You're right, Leopardsun would be a way better name for you!" Mothpaw purred, "I don't think I've heard about anyone with a name with -sun before, so that makes it even more special!"
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 am

Leopardpaw grinned as Mothpaw, of course, agreed with his statement. Leopardsun - what a nice sounding name, he couldn't be surprised that Mothpaw was in awe of him for coming up with it. "Of course I am right, I always am," he huffed, puffing out his chest with a soft purr. His tail swished as he paused. He was content with that but... He laid his head down on his paws, a hum escaping him as he turned his attention onto Mothpaw's warrior name. Not that he actually cared or anything but...Well, if he was coming up with all the good ones, maybe it was worth sharing some of that with Mothpaw. A good name for the idiot... "How about Mothheart for you?" he said after a few heartbeats, turning his head to look at him. "Not as special as mine of course but...Eh, I guess you are nearly all heart, little brain."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 pm

He lazily purred again in agreement, "Well, you're really smart, so it only makes sense." Mothpaw pondered over Leopardpaw's name suggestion for a few moments. Mothheart... He... liked it quite a lot actually... "You're right again! Mothheart is a better name. I hope that's what I get..." He slowblinked at him affectionately, still upside down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best of Friends (for Badger)   The Best of Friends (for Badger) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best of Friends (for Badger)
Page 1 of 1