Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

the unexpected unknown [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sal

Sal

the unexpected unknown [c] Empty
PostSubject: the unexpected unknown [c]   the unexpected unknown [c] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 am

Rainpaw had been instructed to go out in groups of at least two until he was named. As much as he wanted to hunt solo, he understood the logic. Predators, rogues, there were a lot of dangers out on the moor. He was standing at the edge of camp, facing his den. Maybe one of the newer apprentice could go with him. His feathery tail lifted as he trotted towards his denmates. "I'm going hunting, if anyone wants to join." The longhaired tom waited for a moment as everyone glanced at him, feeling a bit self-conscious. Rainpaw turned and waited at the camp entrance for just one cat to join him. He glanced wistfully out at the moors. There were few warriors these days, and Heronfeather was always busy with others. I've been an apprentice for moons. I have to get my name soon. Of course he would defend his Clan as an apprentice, but his self-esteem was shrinking more and more as the moons without his ceremony went on.
Back to top Go down
Ripped
ghost of $$$ past
Ripped

PostSubject: Re: the unexpected unknown [c]   the unexpected unknown [c] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 12:13 pm

"I could go with if you'd like." Dashpaw, still new to the concept of apprenticehood, was eager to see the territory. She hadn't spend much time with Rainpaw before but they were denmates and she was more than willing to join him. Eyes peered out over the moor and she didn't hesitate to pad forward to seek out prey. Glancing over her shoulder, the black and white apprentice found herself wondering where Elmpaw was for only a moment. A slight smile touched her maw as she met the expression of the tom, "Do you think we'll find some rabbits? It's pretty nice out today. I'm not against sticking my head into a burrow though if we need to." There was a slight twitch of her whiskers before she turned her gaze ahead once more.
Back to top Go down
Sal

Sal

PostSubject: Re: the unexpected unknown [c]   the unexpected unknown [c] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 5:49 am

Rainpaw whisked his tail and headed out of the camp. “Nice weather. Of course, that makes for predator and prey. Been trained to fight yet?” Dashpaw was relatively new, but some warriors preferred to teach fighting and then hunting. Rainpaw was more experienced with the latter, but Heronfeather had taught him a bit. It was necessary.

The longhaired tom lifted his head to scent the air. There was a fresh scaly scent, something he believed was a snake, and a few rabbits. “Speaking of predators, there’s a snake here. Watch out underpaw, we might want to-” He broke off as a long gray snake rose from a gorse bush. Instinctively, Rainpaw thrust himself in front of Dashpaw right as the snake’s fangs sank into his right hind leg. He yowled with pain. Although he had sparred with Heronfeather, real pain was something much worse. In the back of his mind, he was glad he had taken the blow for Dashpaw.

The apprentice drew himself up, not putting any weight on his right leg, and struck at the snake with his claws. Unbalanced, he rolled over, snake thrashing as it was clutched in his paws. It writhed until Rainpaw shook it away, now thoroughly dirty. “Not venemous,” his voice came in gasps, “Or I’d be worse than I am.” Still hurts a lot.

Snake used Fangs, dealing 8 damage to Rainpaw

Rainpaw used Claws, dealing 7 damage to Snake

Rainpaw
22/30

Dashpaw
30/30

Snake
18/25

Last edited by Coleslaw on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: the unexpected unknown [c]   the unexpected unknown [c] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 5:49 am

The member 'Coleslaw' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Battle Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
Ripped
ghost of $$$ past
Ripped

PostSubject: Re: the unexpected unknown [c]   the unexpected unknown [c] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 1:58 am

"Not yet." Dashpaw shook her head, "Heronfeather promised to teach me soon, and I know she will, but she is always so busy, you know?" Her head tilted slightly but it was more of a rhetorical question. They shared the same mentor, she already knew the answer. However, Rainpaw had been an apprentice for longer than she had and likely had a lot more skills under his paws. Before she could chime in with anything else, the tom was remarking on the scents nearby. Nose rose in the air and Dashpaw parted her maw to try to pull in the scents. Rabbit was certainly familiar but there was something else... something her companion identified as snake before.

Dashpaw had never seen a snake nor had she ever wanted to. It was said they were quick and vicious, and like a long winding stick. The idea was unpleasant and the reality, even less so. Just as he had finished his deduction, something struck his hindpaw. Instinctively, the she-cat's fur fluffed up and her claws slid out. Fear of the unfamiliar lit her eyes. She knew she wanted to help Rainpaw but how was another question. Despite his wounds, the elder apprentice tried to reassure her, something that fell on deaf ears as she finally convinced herself to launch forward in pursuit of the enemy. Wildly, the black and white cat's claws lashed out, catching the strange scaly skin beneath her claws. Once she did, she shot forward and sunk her teeth into it's back. But the creature writhed and twisted, causing her to quickly jump back in an attempt to avoid the lashing teeth.

"Rainpaw! Are you okay? S-stay back. I don't want you to get hurt more!" Her voice betrayed mixed fear and concern for her clanmate. In her youth, the apprentice had never seen battle, nor had even been taught any skills. What she had done was purely driven by instinct and the desire to protect her friend. Her eyes glistened as they trained on their target. She was on guard; no matter if her paws wanted to flee in the opposite direction, this was what a warrior did.

Dashpaw used Claws and Teeth, dealing 8 Damage to Snake.

Rainpaw
22/30

Dashpaw
30/30

Snake
10/25

Last edited by Ripped on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: the unexpected unknown [c]   the unexpected unknown [c] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 1:58 am

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Battle Dice' : 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the unexpected unknown [c]   the unexpected unknown [c] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the unexpected unknown [c]
Page 1 of 1