Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

but i don't know what to do

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

but i don't know what to do Empty
PostSubject: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Garpaw wandered towards the river as aimlessly as one could wander while actually still having an aim, following a few fox-lengths behind Mothheart. "Hey Mothheart, do you think anyone would find out if I ate a fish before bringing them back to camp?" he wondered out loud offhandedly, eyes barely focused on the ground in front of him as his mind thought only of food. The pudgy orange tom almost smacked directly into one of the few trees on their island, cursing at it internally as the ground steadily grew sandier beneath his paws.
Back to top Go down
http://cxndyr.deviantart.com
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Mothheart tipped his head in thought as he headed towards the river. "Well.... No, I guess probably not?" His mind flickers back to the time he'd caught a fish for Thornkit, but... That was different! Right? He startled briefly as Garpaw nearly walked into a tree. "I take it you're hungry?" He purred teasingly as they arrived at the river. Hopping, onto a smooth stone at the water's edge, he settled, peering down into the water.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:18 pm

"I'm always hungry," he grumbled. "I'm pretty sure Softcloud and Violetbriar eat all of the fish by themselves half the time." He padded a little while upstream from Mothheart to watch the water, hoping to find a nice fat fish for himself before he fished for the clan. Being an apprentice was hard work, and he deserved a reward for once. His eyes narrowed as a shadow darted in front of him, and he struck with his paw. The tom's blow sent the fish splashing into the sand at his paws, and he killed it swiftly. "Besides.. fresh freshkill is always better," he meowed to his compatriot as he settled by the water to feast on his catch.

Last edited by Asher on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:18 pm

The member 'Asher' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 5
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:24 pm

With a vague hum, that could be agreement or just acknowledgement, Mothheart stared into the water, spotting a fish he struck. Neatly hooking the large but slender fish with one paw, he tossed it ashore, leaping after it to kill it with a swift bite. He glanced over to where Garpaw was munching on his fish, distantly he felt like maybe he should stop the apprentice, food for the clan came first, but brushed it away before the thought fully form. "I suppose that's true." he agreed easily, hopping back to his stone perch to search for more prey.

Last edited by Scaredykitty on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:24 pm

The member 'Scaredykitty' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:43 pm

Garpaw devoured the fish with more speed than usual, letting the remains drift away in the river. He padded away from where he'd caught his first fish to watch for another. It took him little time to hook another fish with his claws and slam it against the sand. Leaf-fall always had tons of fish-- he distantly remembered Minnowstream saying something about it being breeding season. This fish he buried after killing it, so that he could collect it later. The orange tabby padded a few fox-lengths further upstream, eyes on the water, when a sharp pain came from his paw. He cursed loudly, thankful no kits were around, inspecting his sandy paw and seeing a shard of Twoleg rubble dug into his pawpad. "Foxdung," he grumbled, turning to limp after Mothheart. "I'm gonna head back to camp, I stepped on some Twoleg thorn," he called to the warrior, voice dripping with annoyance.

At that, he grabbed his fish and began limping back to their camp, thankful that the distance between the river and their camp was relatively short, as three paws did not carry his bulky body particularly well. He left tiny dots of blood on the sandy ground where he walked, cursing under his breath the whole way and plopping down on the ground as soon as he got just inside the entrance of their camp. "Adderpaaaaaaaaw!" he yowled petulantly.

Last edited by Asher on Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:43 pm

The member 'Asher' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 6
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Mothheart was mid swipe on a second fish when Garpaw cursed loudly. He spun around in alarm, caught off guard, he lost his balance, tumbling over with a loud splash into the moderately shallow, though still very cold, water. Popping to his paws, sputtering slightly, he shook himself, shedding the worst of the water before hopping back onto the shore. "Uh, okay, you okay?" His eyes flicked over to the shiny twoleg trash briefly. Quickly grabbing his previously caught fish he trotted after Garpaw. Sure, maybe not the best hunt but it's not like prey was that scarce currently. And he was a little bit cold after his unexpected dunk in the river. Didn't hurt to head back to camp early to make sure Garpaw made it okay.
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 2:36 pm

For whatever reason, the crisp leaf-fall air had seen fewer cats drawn towards Adderpaw's den. Perhaps it was the shorter days, leaving cats less time to get themselves into ridiculous, petty squabbles at the border, or run into one of the various furry pain-in-the-behinds' that were more frequently referred to as predators. The decrease in injuries to be treated would quite likely lead to an increase in sicknesses to treat, but at least Adderpaw wouldn't be stuck pulling claws and quills from her Clanmate's pelts. The only thing the whiny yowl elicited from Adderpaw was an eye-roll, arguably one of her less dramatic ones, at least. With an annoyed sigh, the she-cat abandoned her herb sorting activities and padded out of the den, set on getting to Garpaw and Mothheart, who'd settled right at the entrance to the camp. Right away she realized this wasn't a huge ailment, given the fact that the apprentice was aware enough to be as irksome and kit-like as he was. "Unless you'd like me to call a Clan meeting so everyone else can come see what a show you're putting on for me, I suggest you drag your furry behind to my den, as I'm not inclined to drag you there myself. Alternatively, I'll let you pull that out of your paw and treat it on your own. Choice is yours." The fluffy she-cat mewed, turning her back towards the two toms and heading back towards the medicine cat den. If Garpaw was able to get from the river to camp, he would be able to make it to her den just fine.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 2:54 pm

Garpaw huffed and grumbled the whole way to Adderpaw's den. Why did she have to be so mean? He hobbled on three feet, paws creaking in protest at his weight, still mumbling complaints the whole way. He plopped onto the ground inside of the reed-walled den with a grunt. "Okay now please get this thing out, it hurts," he whined.
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 4:27 pm

Adderpaw nodded as Garpaw entered, throwing a sarcastic grin his way before commenting, "As your medicine cat, I advise you drop that whiny tone, else I'll have to go against my oath and make you." The she-cat carefully looked over her stores, grabbing the yarrow and oak leaves between her teeth and chewing the herbs into a fine poultice, not bothering to rush as Garpaw sat and waited. After it was to the consistency she preferred, she left it gently on a leaf along with some catchweed, grabbing some cobwebs and poppy seeds before heading to Garpaw's side.

"Obviously, this is going to hurt. Eat these first, then I'll work on getting this out of your paw." She shoved a small pile of poppy seeds forward with her paw, waiting on Garpaw to chew them up before getting started. Once he finally had, she got a bit closer to examine the wound. It seemed the tom hadn't walked on the paw, for if he had it would've gotten shoved all the way into the pad. Without giving much of a heads up, Adderpaw grabbed the edge of the odd-looking thorn carefully between her teeth, removing it with a sharp yank. Immediately, she dropped the thorn and began applying cobwebs with her paw, letting them soak up as much blood as possible before replacing them with a fresh patch. That would give her enough time to discard the thorn, out of reach of any kits that got too curious. Once she had, she pulled the leaf with the poultice to the tom's side. "I'll apply this once the bleeding slows a little more. It will keep it from getting infected and speed the healing process. It might sting a bit. Careful not to get it in your mouth if you can help it, I'd prefer not to clean up your bile."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: but i don't know what to do   but i don't know what to do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

but i don't know what to do
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: The Forest Territories :: The River-
Jump to: