Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Rimepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

Rimepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Rimepaw's Moonstone Journey   Rimepaw's Moonstone Journey Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 11:40 am

The last rays of the setting sun streamed into the apprentice den, shining right into a restless Rimepaw's eyes. He grumbled, rolling over, but he wouldn't be getting sleep, anyway, as he was interrupted by the rumble of his name from outside. He stood, eyes bleary, padding to greet Spinestalker at the entrance to the den. "It is time for your journey to the Moonstone," his father told him, looking down on him with cold but undeniable pride. Rimepaw smiled and nodded, all thoughts of sleep gone with the excitement of being one step closer to being a warrior. "We will leave at once," Spinestalker said, promptly turning tail and heading for the way out of camp. Rimepaw followed him with well-concealed glee, thoughts going a mile a minute. He had no idea what to expect, but from the stories he'd heard, he knew it would be an unforgettable experience.

-

The cavern that towered above Highstones was unnerving, to say the least. Rimepaw's fur stood on end, but he kept his head held high despite the foreboding darkness that the two cats entered. "Stay close to me, Rimepaw," Spinestalker told him. "I'm not a kit, I won't get lost," Rimepaw replied, sighing, and Spinestalker flicked him in the nose with his tail from where he walked in front of him. "Be more respectful or you'll never get anywhere," the huge tom instructed. If it were not for the oppressive darkness the two cats walked through, Rimepaw's embarrassment would have been visible.

His amazement when they reached the Moonstone was even greater, however. The dazzling light of the giant rock made his eyes shine silver, and while it was very cold in the cave it felt like home to the apprentice. "Press your nose to the stone, and I will be here when you awake," Spinestalker meowed. Rimepaw did as he was told this time without any words, albeit hesitantly. Sleep came over him quickly this time, and if he weren't unconscious, the tom would have been grateful.

When Rimepaw opened his eyes again, he was startled by how much green he saw. The majority of his life had taken place in leaf-bare, and he'd never seen anything as beautiful as the rolling fields of grass he stood in now. It reminded him of WindClan's territory, but ten times more beautiful. Wildflowers dotted the landscape, and the air was warm but not uncomfortable. The sun lit the distant trees, and the bewildered apprentice was struck with the sense of belonging he'd had with the Moonstone, but much stronger. "This is what the moors look like in greenleaf," a voice meowed from just behind him.

Rimepaw turned his head to see a she-cat built not unlike he was, tall and long-legged, obviously a cat excellent at running. "I am Windstar," the cat said, and at that point Rimepaw noticed the stars flecked throughout the cat's pelt. "You are an interesting cat, Rimepaw. I've watched you for some time, and you have great potential," she meowed. Rimepaw puffed up with pride, his general scowl morphed into a wry smile. "If you can overcome your cold heart, you could be one of the greatest warriors WindClan has ever seen." Windstar gave the apprentice a nod of approval, before turning back towards the setting sun. "You clearly appreciate the moors as much as I."

The last that Rimepaw remembered, he was about to agree with the other cat, but he blinked his eyes open to the cold cave of the Moonstone before he could reply. His eyes fell upon Spinestalker, and Rimepaw couldn't help but feel a little bit disappointed that he couldn't have spoken with the StarClan cat for longer. He thought of the cat's words, though, and reminded himself that at least he was able to speak with her at all, and stood to leave the cave with a renewed sense of purpose in his journey to becoming a warrior.
Back to top Go down
http://cxndyr.deviantart.com

Rimepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1