Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

A well earned rest [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oryx
site moderator / resident gamer girl
oryx

A well earned rest [open] Empty
PostSubject: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 12:09 pm

At first the apprentice had thought, clan deputy as my mentor is the best thing ever! However, the molly was far too acquainted with cleaning the nests of basically every cat in the clan, and she could feel herself slowly growing moss. This was not to say she didn't adore Brindleface, no, she was the best mentor a cat could ask for. The shortage of warriors in their clan, coupled with the general duties the deputy would often be busy with, meant Heronpaw was too often tasked with cleaning the dens. She loved her clan, more than anything, but oh StarClan did she find herself growing frustrated and tired of it. 

Taking a deep breath, she steadied the anger itching in her claws, desperately wanting to tear the old moss, heather and feather combination to shreds, and she contemplated doing it once she had exited camp with her last load of it. Muttering something about how no other apprentice was stuck cleaning as often as herself, she deposited the last of the bedding outside of the camp, watching the wind blow it away with a contemptuous snort. Arching her back in a stretch, claws dug firmly in the moorland, Heronpaw attempted to leave her anger outside of camp, deciding she was going to try and nap once back.

The ever growing warmth of the leafbare sun allowed her to be lulled fairly quickly into a sleepy state, lazily rasping her tongue over her dusty fur in an attempt to clean it. The apprentice gave up fairly quickly, instead resting her tail over her nose and falling into sleep, grateful for the quiet of the camp. Of course she'd rather be out doing anything else except cleaning old moss, she mused, but a nap wasn't so bad. One would only dare to awaken Heronpaw.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 12:13 pm

Fernpaw was running into camp with Patchpaw after her. She giggled but didn’t see where she was going and crashed into Heronpaw. Fernpaw landed face first into the snow and realized Patchpaw didn’t even try to help her.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 12:30 pm

The jolt from her nap, coupled with the feeling of a cat literally falling over her sent her heart into a terrified frenzy, and she shot up hissing defiance. As her sleep bleary eyes surveyed the threat, they came upon Fernpaw, and she felt her frustrations just explode. How could she be so mouse-brained, so utterly careless and disregarding of any other cat. She clearly didn't even check to see if there was a cat there, and it's not like Heronpaw was masked in the snow.

"What in StarClan's name is wrong with you!?" The apprentice growled, drawing herself to her paws, her tail lashing uncontrollably and green eyes gleaming with anger. "Did you just not see me, or did you not care? I thought you were more careful than this, not acting like a hare-brained kit anymore!" Her voice had sunk to not much more than a growl, the anger so overpowering it poured out of every orifice in her body. Heronpaw was tired from doing her actual duties, rather than running around like a kit with her little crush, and she was hungry. Not an excellent combination to start off with, disregarding her previous anger. 

She could no longer find words at this point, the anger that had so quickly swamped her and provided her with energy ebbing away like a tidal wave, and Heronpaw just glared. Fernpaw and her had been friends, but she could not find a single link to that friendship after the lack of care displayed for Heronpaw. The molly was not generally quick to anger, not like this and to someone she was close to, but she was over it at this current point of time.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Fernpaw slunk back in fear as Heronpaw started yelling at her. At the corner of her eye she saw Patchpaw walking away and wished she could do the same. “I-I’m sorry.” she mewed close to tears as her first friend was mad at her.

(Oof rip my emotions)
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 12:50 pm

As Fernpaw visibly shrunk back from the angry molly, she wished she could feel more sympathy and regret, but the lingering annoyance withheld it currently. As the other apprentice stuttered out an apology, and tears formed in her eyes, Heronpaw shook her head to clear the annoyance growing in her chest once more. Clearly everyone was content with allowing Fernpaw to run amok, to cause trouble and chaos where she went, but Heronpaw was sick of it.

No wonder she was always the one clearing out dens, making sure everyone was happy, fed and healthy before herself, because of the apprentices like Fernpaw who got to trample on the tails of every cat. But then again, wouldn't Heronpaw want to be that way too, if she could? An extension of kithood, but with a little more ability to go places, and responsibilities? No, she conceded rather quickly. She was happy to serve her clan and act her age, rather than prank other cats, including at gatherings, and become a nuisance. Heronpaw was rather fair in her actions - so she liked to believe - and she felt her anger was justified, because it went further than just being tripped over while she was taking a well earned nap. However, she didn't want to make any more of a scene than she had, and with considerable effort she made her fur lie flat and her tail slow to a steady twitch.

"It's fine," Heronpaw murmured, padding forward to rest her tail on her friend's shoulder, the anger and annoyance finally bubbling away. "I'm sorry for being so mad, I just haven't had much time to rest lately, and having someone trip over you isn't exactly pleasant."
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 12:54 pm

(She stopped pranking... also u can read minds, that’s what her Starclan cat will say to her “Stop being so reckless” lol)

Fernpaw nodded. “I should let you sleep than, Truth is I haven’t been getting sleep either because of patrols and hunting. Sometimes I wish we were kits again when we could play all day.” she sighed at Heronpaw.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 1:19 pm

"Yes, you should," She grumbled, although the anger and malice previously poisoning her words no longer existed, and she let out a soft purr. "I wish I could leave camp, but Brindleface is always so busy I've been stuck doing nothing but cleaning out dens and clearing the snow from the front of the dens. My paws get so cold, I'm convinced they're going to fall off!" Heronpaw purred a little louder with amusement, clearing the snow away with her tail, before settling onto her side and licking her forepaw. Her paw pads tingled a little at the warmth of her breath versus the ground, and she smoother the ruffled fur on her head with a few swift strokes.

"So," Heronpaw flashed her friend a mischievous look in between grooming her creamy fur, "How are things going with Patchpaw?" She couldn't deny that they spent so much time together, and that his clumsy nature coupled with Fernpaw's confidence made them a good match, and she was excited to see her friend happy with the tom. Loneliness pierced her own heart briefly, and for a few seconds all the pretty molly wanted was her own companion. As quickly as the thought came, she shooed it away and inwardly decided she would wait until warriorhood before pursuing any tom - or she-cat.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Fernpaw blushed as she sat down by heronpaw. “Umm it’s good, I beat him in sparring but he bested me in hunting recently.” she mewed seeing a flash of loneliness in her friends eyes. “Do you want to go hunting, I know you must be tired but you need a break and hunting is the best break that I know of.” she mewed.

(I love hunting :3)
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Heronpaw gave her a friend a small smile, before her jaws split open in an enormous yawn, sleep dragging at her eyelids, and she decided she was going to try catch a nap in the apprentice den while she wasn't needed by any of her other clanmates. "Thank you for the offer," the pretty she-cat purred, rising to her paws and shaking out her long-furred pelt. "But I'm going to my nest and napping, somewhere I won't get tripped over," she teased, before another yawn clutched her and made her body shake with the intensity of it. Lightly touching her nose to Fernpaw's ear, she allowed her tail to drag in the snow as she made her way into the tunnel that marked the apprentice's shared den. Grooming herself, she found the previously lost tendrils of sleep take over, and she settled in for what would hopefully be a good nap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A well earned rest [open]   A well earned rest [open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A well earned rest [open]
Page 1 of 1