Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

The Ravaging Cold [open]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oryx
site moderator / resident gamer girl
site moderator / resident gamer girl
oryx

The Ravaging Cold [open] Empty
PostSubject: The Ravaging Cold [open]   The Ravaging Cold [open] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 4:02 pm

A shiver ran up her spine, bleary eyes taking in the sight of snow piled up around the camp, wanting to drag her fever-riddled body out into the softness of the powder. Honey soothed most of the burning pain in the back of her throat, raw from the nights choking and coughing, cursing herself for getting anywhere near the sickness addled ThunderClan medicine cat. Tonight was the night of the full moon, she had asked Featherstep not to go in her place tonight -- too much of her clan was ill, there was not enough of them to go and look strong, and not enough to defend camp. Weariness dragged at her bones as she stood, shedding the moss from her thick pelt, disgust worming its way through her as she felt the build-up of dirt and grease.

Taking small steps to avoid her chest growing too tight, she stood beneath the Tallrock, knowing that a leap up there would be disastrous. Heronstar took in a slow breath, voice quiet against the beating of her heart in her ears. "WindClan, please gather," An informal call was all she could manage at the moment, swaying on alabaster paws for a moment, glad to feel the coolness from the snow seep into her pawpads. "We will not be attending the gathering tonight. Too many of us are ill - myself included - and I cannot risk danger seeking out our battered clan. Get a good night's rest, we'll be back to it before you know it," The leader tried to force a look of optimism, but shuddered as she retained a cough. "That is all, thank you." Slowly she made her way back to the medicine den, deep sadness blooming in her chest as she looked over her sick clan. I did this to us, she thought with nothing short of dread, wondering if others blamed her for this as well.
Back to top Go down

The Ravaging Cold [open]
Page 1 of 1