Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

a good day to play [open!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oryx
site moderator / resident gamer girl
oryx

a good day to play [open!] Empty
PostSubject: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Heronkit felt excitement surge through her paws, causing waves of energy to surge through her small body. Finally she was old to leave the nursery! After some cautious words from her mother - who was admittedly very glad to get some rest from her rowdy kit - she set off, plunging through the opening of the nursery, feeling the cold wind of leafbare on her muzzle. The sudden shift in air temperature caused her to let out an involuntary cough, though that didn't deter her from the need to explore. Different sounds and smells greeted her senses, and she blinked rapidly around the camp as if that would help her take it in. Every part of her longed to dart around the camp, into every den, into every crack, crevice and hiding place that a kit could find, but she knew better. Her mother had warned her not to disturb the elder warriors, and instead try and make friends with the other kits. She had also warned that if Heron caused any trouble, she'd be brought back into the nursery before you could say mouse. She squinted her eyes, gazing around the camp to see if any of the other kits had come out before her and wanted to play with Heron.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 1:13 pm

(Uh oh... fern is a mischievous kit... they will cause havoc for the clan >:3)

Fernkit was walking around camp bored out of her mind. Her mother told her if she did another prank on a warrior she would be stuck in the nursery until she was old enough to be an apprentice. Fern didn’t understand what was so bad about putting mouse bile in the warriors moss beds. It was really funny and yet no one saw it as funny. Fernkit noticed another kit and decided to prank...Scare her. Fernkit lightly padded over to heron and pounced. “Aarrhh, I got you now!” She mewed pinning Heron to the dirt.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 4:11 pm

A drifting piece of fur caught her attention, a small tuft ripped from the pelt of a warrior by the outstretched claws of the gorse walls. Immediately she was pressed to the ground, tail twitching sporadically in excitement as she followed the movement of the fluff. At last it stopped, at least temporarily, as it got wedged in between small pebbles that littered the camp floor. This was her chance! Her tail swishing across the floor, ears pinned back against her head, a squeaky growl rumbled in her throat. Heronkit was so focused on this dusty ball of fur that she didn't hear the pawsteps creeping up on her, and as she shifted her weight in anticipation of pouncing, she was knocked off her paws. The air escaped her lungs before she could react, and she drew in a cold, sharp breath as shock tingled from the end of her tail to the tips of her ears. Heron let out an indignant huff, but amusement and mischief glittered in her eyes. She was pinned under the larger kits weight, but she wriggled around as much as possible to face her assailant, catching a glimpse of Fernkits face. Her mothers gentle reminder to make a friend echoed in her ears, and Heron figured - what better time to make a friend? "I'm Heronkit, wanna be friends?" the little she-kit purred, eagerly awaiting a response.

Last edited by oryx on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 11:44 pm

Fern got off heron with a confused face. She didn’t anticipate her reply to be ‘Do you wanna be friends’, No fern thought the kit would have been like ‘Ahh no you got me!’ As fern thought this over she felt eyes on her and looked up to heronkit who was waiting for her reply. “I will be your friend and master, together we will be the pranksters of camp!” She mewed fluffing up her white chest in strength and fierceness.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 12:37 am

Gulping in a breath of fresh air, air free of the other kit's chest fluff and dirt stirred up around them, Heronkit picked herself up off the floor and looked at her dirty fur with mild disdain. She wouldn't say she was obsessed with remaining clean, however she didn't enjoy the sight of her light toned fur darkened by dirt. The thought of grooming it later allowed the taste of dirt to assault her tongue, and she fought back from spitting the taste out at the risk of embarrassing herself in front of the other kit. Forcing herself to swallow, Heron listened as Fernkit proclaimed herself not only a friend, but her master. Now she found herself to be aggrieved by the other she-kit. "That's not fair, you don't get to be my master!" She squeaked out, eyes narrowing a small amount, locked onto Fern. "I'll only be your friend, your equal! Besides, I don't even know your name. Didn't your mother teach you it's rude not to introduce yourself?" Heron finished boldly, before becoming embarrassed by the berating she'd given her. She wanted to be her friend, an equal like she said - she couldn't be her friend by saying that. Immediately she knew she had to apologise if she wanted to remain friends. "I'm sorry for being so harsh," she mumbled, now looking at her paws and refusing to meet Fern's eyes.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 am

I meant I was going to be Your mentor on pranking.” The she-kit mewed getting annoyed at the younger kit. ‘What did I ever do to her!” She thought to her self and sat down on her back paws to groom her pitch black tail clean. “I will be your friend.” She mewed still grooming her fluffy tail.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 1:09 pm

Heronkit cocked her head to the side, blinking at Fernkit with mild apprehension in her gaze. Pranking? She didn't want to prank her clanmates. They were nice and gave her and her mother food, and sometimes the warriors would bring in fresh sprigs of heather or feathers for their nests. The elders - though she was yet to meet them - she held in high esteem, for the moons of service they'd given the clan. The other kits however? Heronkit wasn't entirely sure how she felt about them, or pranking them, as she was still unfamiliar with most members of the clan bar those in a position of power. She didn't want to garner a bad reputation, but she'd be making a friend... For her, the pros outweighed the cons. "Okay, but no mean pranks! And I still haven't got your name," She huffed the last part, wishing she knew her new friend's name.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 1:12 pm

“I am Fernkit but you may call me Fern if you like.” She mewed while finishing up her black tail. “What fun do you kits do that doesn’t involve pranks?” Fernkit mewed curious, her whole life so far has been pranks and she never once knew what other kits did for fun.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Nodding at her accomplices long overdue introduction, she was a little puzzled by her asking what you kits do for fun, as she wasn't even entirely sure herself. Sure, Heronkit and her mother had passed a ball of old moss between them, and it may have been why the young kit had been released into the campsite, but she didn't know many other games apart from that. A small part of Heronkit had always wanted to play with a moss ball with another kit - someone her age - because she was sure a companion of her age would actually move from their nest to fetch it. It'd feel nice to stretch her legs and warm up, she added to her thought process as the leafbare chill soaked deep into her bones. "Do you wanna play moss ball? It'll warm us up!" Heronkit finally responded, glad to have moved away from the mere notion of pranking other cats.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 11:48 pm

Fernkit tilted her head in confusion. “What do you do in that game?” She mewed thinking of different ways to play with a moss ball.
Back to top Go down
oryx
oryx

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 8:45 am

Heronkit spent a little bit of time trying to put her words together and explain what her version of the game was, as she knew other kits would play it differently, but she liked it her way. After both parties now understood how the game worked, Heronkit raced off the the nursery and returned with a patch of moss taken from her own nest. "It has to get changed anyways," she said as she scrunched the scraggly, once vibrant green plant into a misshaped ball. "Are you ready to play?" She squeaked at her friend, before darting off and playing their game.

(ooc: the end)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a good day to play [open!]   a good day to play [open!] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a good day to play [open!]
Page 1 of 1