Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Brightpaw's Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aurornis

Aurornis

Brightpaw's Training Empty
PostSubject: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 11:41 pm

Leopardspot padded up to the apprentice's den, wondering if her first apprentice was ready for the training. "Brightpaw, are you up?" She called out softly.
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Brightpaw jerked awake at the sound of her new name. "Uh, I-I'm up!" She stammered as she scrambled to her paws; nearly knocking herself over in her disorientation. With a quick shake of her head she stumbled out of the den, blinking herself awake as a rush of adrenaline flooded her system. Training time!

{OOC: Sorry I took so long! Been busy with moving for a new job}
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 5:02 am

(OOC: No worries! Somehow I too missed out this for reaaally long and I am too sorry for that!)

"Good." Leopardspot smiled as Brightpaw rushed out of her den. She was glad that the young one was so eager to train. A good start. She flicked her tail, gesturing Brightpaw to follow her.
"Today we go hunting." She mewed as she led way deep into the Tall Pines,"Before we begin, do you know anything about hunting?"

Last edited by Aurornis on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 9:20 am

With a soft squeak of excitement, Brightpaw trotted after her mentor, short tail waving in the air. "Umm, I know that you have to sneak up on prey all sneaky and then you jump on it!" She clumsily pounced forward midstep, landing awkwardly next to Leopardspot. Nearly overbalancing, she just barely managed to avoid tipping over, tail lashing wildly. "Uh, I guess not quite like that..." She mewed sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 2:44 am

"That is not the best answer." meowed Leopardspot, "But worry not. We will fix that." She stopped to sniff the air. It was beginning to get cold with Leaf-Fall, and small animals were busy getting themselves fed. "Try to use all your senses. Then tell me what you can find."

Last edited by Aurornis on Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 am

Brightpaw's ears flattened slightly in embarrassment but quickly perked up again as she listened to Leopardspot's instructions. Her eyes narrowed as she focused. The chilly breeze through the trees carried a plethora of differing scents though she struggled to single any one out. The quiet sound of birds calling and flying high above in the pines. The soft rustling of creatures unknown shuffling through the undergrowth. When she actually focused her senses on her surroundings, the amount of different scents and sounds was almost overwhelming. "W-well..." she began uncertainly, "There're some birds up high in the trees? And... There's something scuttling around in the brush over there? Maybe a mouse?"
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 4:52 am

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply!!! I was too busy preparing for an exam X( )

Leopardspot gave an approving nod. "You are right. Unfortunately the birds are too high for us, so the mouse is in bad luck today. I will teach you how to creeping up on it." She stopped to take a breath, then meowed again, "First of all, always remember you should stay downwind of your prey - Well, for most birds, they do not have a good sense of smell. But you can never be too careful." She then dropped down into a crouch, "Now do as I do. When you are hunting mice, you must keep your weight on your haunches and step lightly. Mice can feel your pawsteps even before they smell or see you. Make sure you keep your balance."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 11:34 am

Brightpaw listened attentively as Leopardspot spoke before carefully trying to mimic her posture. She sank down on her haunches, dilute calico coat smoothly shifting as she moved and adjusted. She tried keeping her steps light but only managed with moderate success due to her inexperience. "L-like this?" she stammered, as she took a couple steps, focusing intensely to avoid tripping herself.

(OOC: No worries!)
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 2:50 am

"Yes, but there is still room for improvement." Leopardspot nodded, still crouching, "It takes time and practice. Now...try sneaking forward." She took a few steps to demonstrate, "Try to get as close as you can without being detected, then pounce. Remember to keep your balance this time."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Brightpaw nodded determinedly as she adjusted her stance. Her gaze locked in the direction of the mouse in the bushes, scenting and straining her ears to pin point it. Trying to smoothly shift her weight, she slowly prowled towards it. Just as she reached the range to pounce, a twig snapped underpaw. Immediately there was a commotion of noise as the mouse fled. Brightpaw lunged, hoping she could still catch it but the mouse bolted away through the undergrowth, quickly vanishing into its burrow. "Mousedung!" She spat in frustration, tail lashing. Disappointed, Brightpaw padded back to her mentor.

Last edited by Sleepykitty on Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 2:49 pm

The member 'Sleepykitty' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 6
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 4:52 am

Leopardspot watched as Brightpaw attempted her first hunting, which was not so successful. "You will need to watch your steps next time. You may be very excited to hunt, but bear in mind that watching your steps is a basic point." She instructed patiently in an encouraging tone, "Don't worry. Let's take a look around to see if there are any chances for a second try."

Last edited by Aurornis on Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2020 6:43 am

Brightpaw nodded determinedly, turning to scan the area for more prey. It seemed that, despite the commotion, some prey still lingered. As she watched, a small sparrow fluttered to the ground, all but begging to be caught. It hopped around, alert, but pecking among the needles for some unseen source of food. With a deep breath, Brightpaw tried again. Dropping into a crouch as she slowly crept up on the bird, keeping better track of where she put her paws this time. She paused, wiggled her haunches and leapt the remainder of the distance. The bird took flight at the sudden motion but Brightpaw had been close enough to swat it down with her paws and quickly finish it off with a bite. She spun back to her mentor, green eyes glowing, "I caught it!" she squeaked, voice trembling with an excited purr. Grabbing the sparrow she trotted back to Leopardspot.

Last edited by Sleepykitty on Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2020 6:43 am

'Hunting Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 4:31 am

(OOC: also slightly edited my last post a little)

"Well done." Leopardspot nodded in approval, "Thanks to StarClan we had this catch. Now, let's catch a few more before we head back to the camp."
Another sparrow had landed on the needles. It was too late when it found out a spotted she-cat was sneaking up on it. Before it could fly to the higher safety, Leopardspot grabbed it with her sharp claws, then killed it with a quick bite.

Last edited by Aurornis on Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 4:31 am

The member 'Aurornis' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 6
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 12:53 pm

With a delighted purr, Brightpaw deposited the sparrow on the ground, heart beating with excitement from the thrill of the catch. She scanned the area as Leopardspot cleanly caught another sparrow. She could hear a few other birds calling overhead, but none were close enough to actually see. A flash of grey fur caught her eye as a squirrel leapt between branches far above. It scurried down the tree trunk, freezing occasionally as it jerkily looked around. Reaching the roots, it ruffled through the pine needles, fluffy tail twitching as it moved. Brightpaw crept towards it. Keeping herself low to try to avoid catching the twitchy creature's attention with her pale fur. Despite her caution, the rustle of pine needles alerted the squirrel to her presence. It froze and looked up. Meeting her green eyes with its own beady black ones.

At the same moment it turned to flee with a loud chatter, Brightpaw lunged forward. She kicked up pine needles as she ran. The squirrel was on the tree. The needles slipped underfoot as she moved to leap for the critter, instead sending her careening headfirst into the tree. At the last second she ducked her head, instead hitting the tree with her shoulder with a surprisingly squishy thud. Stumbling back, a grey shape fell to the ground from where she'd hit it. Brightpaw blinked at the squirrel, it's neck clearly broken. Certainly not what she'd intended to do but... She got it? Still a bit confused about body slamming the squirrel, she picked it up, carrying it back to where she'd left the sparrow.

Last edited by Sleepykitty on Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 12:53 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 4
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 12:55 am

She...managed to get it? By hitting the squirrel with her body? For a moment she was at a loss for words in surprise and disbelief. "Nice catch, nice catch." Finally, she recovered from the surprise, "We can hunt for another while, or we can head back to the camp. Which do you prefer?"
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 6:36 am

Brightpaw glowed at the praise. Looking down at their catches, she considered Leopardspot's question, it would be great to catch more prey for the clan but... Her shoulder twinged slightly from where she'd collided with the tree and she made a face, "I think I'd like to go back to camp," she finally mewed. "My shoulder kinda hurts."
Back to top Go down
Aurornis

Aurornis

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 am

"Are you alright?" Leopardspot leaned over and meowed, "We will go back and see if Mistedsong can do anything for you." I should have asked this when she just crashed into that squirrel. She thought worriedly. While she was not a particular worrier, she did care about her apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 12:46 pm

"I think I'm okay other than my shoulder." Brightpaw mewed, it didn't hurt that bad but she didn't relish the thought of more extended activity. And it certainly wouldn't hurt to have Mistedsong look at it, if they had anything that'd make it feel better she'd gladly accept.

Brightpaw picked up her sparrow and squirrel before starting back towards camp. It had been a very satisfying morning so she was still in high spirits despite the aggravation in her shoulder. She managed to avoid limping despite the twinge with every step, though her movement was stiffer than usual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brightpaw's Training   Brightpaw's Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brightpaw's Training
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fate of the Warriors :: The Forest Territories :: Tall Pines-
Jump to: