Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Hunting Training

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 9:56 am

White paws spread in the riverbank, kneading sand between claws. Willowshade sighed blissfully- the sand was finally slightly warmer than ice, and it felt so much nicer on her paws. The silver tabby turned to face her two apprentices, tail swishing gently. "Alrighty you two," she meowed, fixing her eyes on Violetpaw and Wolfpaw. "We're gonna learn how to hunt today. Catching fish is probably the most important one for us RiverClan cats, as it's a reliable source of food in essentially any season."

The she-cat turned back to the river, fixing her icy gaze on the water, padding a few tail-lengths further downstream, eyeing the shadows. "I see a small one... I'd normally not waste the energy but I'll catch it just for demonstration." Willowshade leaned over the river, eyes watching the fish carefully. "You have to make sure not to let your shadow fall over the water, and then you want to knock it onto land where you can kill it," she murmured, and in a flash her paw darted into the water and slapped the fish onto the bank. The fish was finished off with a quick blow to the head. "I'd like you two to try now, if you think you're able."
Back to top Go down
http://cxndyr.deviantart.com
deer

deer

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Wolfpaw watched intently, then tried to copy his mentor’s movements. He stood at the edge of the river, and splashed his paw into the water, attempting to hit the fish’s head. He caught the fish, pulling it out of the water, a smile spreading on his face. His first fish!

Wolfpaw rolled a 7, catching a fish.

Last edited by Deer on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 1:40 pm

The member 'Deer' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 7
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 2:09 am

"This'll be easy!" The cream tabby mewed, pale green eyes shining. "I caught a minnow when I was a kit," She explained, turning to Wolfpaw, "It's not that hard, I'm sure you'll do fine." Willowshade gave them basic tips, ones she'd already learned from other apprentices. But Willowshade said something odd. "Even if it's small, shouldn't we still want to catch it? It is leaf-bare, isn't it? Shouldn't we be thankful for all prey, no matter how small?" Violetpaw questioned, boldly. She wasn't known to keep opinions to herself.

She watched as Wolfpaw caught a minnow, killing it. "Good job!" She mewed, giving him a friendly nuzzle. "My turn!" She declared, padding to the water's edge. She looked down into the pool, keeping her shadow clear. A silver flash caught her eyes. Eyes gleaming, she launched a paw, then howled in pain as something gripped onto her paw. "H-h-he-help! Wi-wi-llow-sh-ade!" She mewed desperately, a shining silver twoleg trap attached to her paw. Its jaws were snapped on tightly, and blood started flowing from the wound. The silver twoleg object began to become red, Violetpaw's blood dying it. The she-cat howled in pain, holding her paw off the ground, looking pleadingly at Woldpaw and Willowshade.

Last edited by Stormy on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 2:09 am

The member 'Stormy' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Hunting Dice' : 10
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 2:11 am

(OOC: uh, well then. Let's see what we're fighting then.)
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 2:11 am

'Predator Dice' :
Hunting Training Trap10
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 3:58 am

Wolfpaw smiled as he was praised by his friend. As Violetpaw started bleeding, eyes widened, looking as his friend was hurt. ”Violetpaw? What’s happening?”he stuttered, looking at his mentor. ”Help her!” he pleaded to Willowshade, unsure of what to do.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 12:11 pm

Willowshade practically jumped a foot into the air in pure shock. "What is a Twoleg trap doing this deep in the river?!" she yelped, immediately running to her apprentice's side. "Wolfpaw, go get help--" the she-cat started to say, but the arrival of an unfamiliar misty grey cat gave her pause.

The tom's green eyes rapidly surveyed the situation before he approached Willowshade. "I'm SkyClan's medicine cat, Mistedsong," the cat explained. "I was in the area and I heard the ruckus, can I help?"

Willowshade narrowed her eyes skeptically, but one quick glance at Violetpaw made her forget her typical nature of distrust. "Wolfpaw, take him back to camp to get supplies. I'll stay and try to get Violetpaw free," she meowed, turning away from the two toms to properly focus on Violetpaw. "It's going to be okay. I'm going to try to pull the trap as far apart as I can and when I do you need to pull as hard as you can." Willowshade positioned herself to where she could try to pry the trap open. "One.. two.. pull!"
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 12:11 pm

The member 'Asher' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Battle Dice' : 1
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 11:53 pm

Wolfpaw looked at Mistedsong skeptically, then started to hurried back to camp. ”Cmon! This way.” he yowled back, concerned for his friend. As they watched camp, he showed the unfamiliar tom the medicine den. ”Get whatever you need....I guess.” It felt weird to him, letting a Skyclan cat into their camp. He was different from the Riverclan cats, by smell and size and build. He prayed to Starclan that Violetpaw would be alright.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 3:49 am

(Since you didn't roll a 5-6, I'm assuming she's still trapped?)

Violetpaw was in agony. Her ears pinned back and her eyes were wide. As the SkyClan medicine cat approached, she felt faint relief, then another jolt of pain struck her. "O-o-okay.." She whimpered out as Willowshade gave her orders. Then she felt Willowshade attempt to pull the twoleg thing apart.

With a gasp, Violetpaw jerked her paw free, splattering blood onto the frosted sand. taking deep breaths, she panted in relief that she was at least freed from.... Whatever that thing was.

Last edited by Stormy on Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 3:49 am

'Battle Dice' : 6
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 11:05 am

Mistedsong nodded to the apprentice, ducking into the den to collect materials. He pulled a laurel leaf to the side and started piling herbs on top of it: marigold, comfrey root, horsetail, and catchweed for a poultice, as well as poppy seeds for pain and a sizeable wad of cobwebs for the bleeding. He wrapped the leaf into a bundle before taking off back towards the other two cats, ignoring the twinge in his back as he pushed himself to get back to the river with as much speed as he could manage.

The trap came open just enough to free Violetpaw between Willowshade's paws, and she pulled back quickly to avoid getting caught herself, her white paws turned pink with her apprentice's blood. The she-cat suppressed a cringe, eyes flickering around the tree line wildly. She took off for her target; moss at the base of a tree. She scraped as much of it off of the ground as she could with her claws, bringing it back to Violetpaw to press against her paw to try to staunch the bleeding before Mistedsong could return. "You're gonna be okay. Mistedsong will be back soon and we'll get you all patched up," Willowshade meowed, ears twitching at the sound of the medicine cat's approach.

Mistedsong nearly lost his footing as he skid down through the sand to the two cats at the riverbank. He caught himself in time though, plodding towards the injured apprentice, unrolling the bundle of herbs on the ground. He brought the poppy to Violetpaw first, hoping to prevent her shock from getting any worse. He had expected to have to staunch the bleeding some before being able to apply a poultice but Willowshade's quick thinking with the moss had done its job. He chewed the rest of the herbs into a thick paste as quickly as he could, spitting the bitter mixture out onto the leaf before scraping it onto his paw and smearing it over Violetpaw's paw. Catchweed was added on top to prevent it from rubbing away, before a thick layer of cobweb to keep everything in place and protect the still lightly bleeding wound.

The SkyClan cat breathed a sigh of relief, glad that he had been nearby when the apprentice had been caught in the trap. "Will you need help getting her back to your camp?" he asked Willowshade, to which the warrior shook her head. "We should be fine. Thank you for your all of your help," she meowed earnestly, before pressing herself to Violetpaw's side to support her on the way back to camp. Mistedsong dipped his head in a goodbye to the RiverClan cats before setting off downstream back towards his own territory. Willowshade sighed, glancing down to her apprentice. "Come, Violetpaw. Wildflower will be able to take care of you at camp."
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 11:08 am

Wolfpaw was relieved that his friend was no longer trapped. As Mistedsong started to heal her, he let out a relived sigh. ”You ok?” he asked Violetpaw, looking at the wound from the two leg trap. Turning to Willoshade, he asked, ”What was that?” his eyes were filled with confusion at the strange predator in the river.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Violetpaw sighed in relief as Willowshade pressed moss into the wound to help staunch the bleeding. A couple heartbeats later, Mistedsong came running up, and he efficiently stopped the bleeding and proceeded to do more things she didn't understand, other than putting cobwebs on it. "T-thank you." She whispered to the tom, before limping off with her mentor and Wolfpaw. She nodded to the tom, telling him she was okay.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 7:19 am

Willowshade looked to Wolfpaw, a steely look in her eyes. "That was a Twoleg trap. I'm pretty sure they're designed for foxes, but occasionally one traps a cat.. I've seen them do much more damage than that. Violetpaw is very lucky." The she-cat did not mention that it was incredibly uncommon to see them this far into the forest, let alone in their river. Lichenstar would have to hear of this, because it was incredibly worrying. They were not very far from camp in the first place, thankfully, so they were upon it relatively soon. The silver warrior led her injured apprentice to the medicine den, helping her settle before leaving to search for Wildflower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunting Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Training   Hunting Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Training
Page 1 of 1