Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Night
tree lord
Night

Leo Dragon

So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open]   So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 am

What time was it? Sunrise? Sunset? Sunhigh? The clouds refused to tell. Stormclouds cast RiverClan territory in a blueish haze, waves of bone-chilling rain bending the trees to their will, the white noise of rainfall occasionally interspersed with dull thunder. Any other clan would be absolutely miserable. Pathetic.

Lichenstar led her little border patrol along the swelling banks of the River. While it was true that neither of their rival clans would ever think about crossing - even they weren't that stupid - this patrol's objective would be to observe any dangers. "Newleaf coming sounds like a dream, she said, glancing back towards her Clanmates. "But if we aren't watchful, it can and will sweep us away." 'The rest of us, that is.' The last thing RiverClan needed was another tragedy, and the calico she-cat wouldn't sit idly by and let the looming snowmelt take them by surprise. She certainly wasn't going to let the clan her mother built and served fall apart so easily.

As they walked, something odd in a small puddle caught the meager light and her attention. She backstepped and saw a large fish laying flat in water not even as deep as it was tall, probably washed in and trapped earlier that day, given that it didn't stink. Its scales of gold and white were unusual, but not disconcerting. Short chats with a kittypet or two told her that Twolegs sometimes had strange fish living in and around their dens for whatever reason. A quick prod proved it was still alive, if only barely. It flopped and splashed in a panic until Lichenstar's chest was splattered with mud. She sighed and shook her head. 'Thank you, StarClan.' With a flick of her tail she meowed to the others, "Let's take a short break. We've been given freshest of freshkill." With that said, she quietly put an end to all that struggling and hauled it out of the water. Even the most gluttonous of her Clanmates would be happy with this.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird

Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open]   So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 2:41 am

Silvertooth walked behind her leader, her senses sharp and not really enjoying the trip. Around Lichenstar, she had to be efficient and hardworking. That was what a warrior should do. However... she was a bit surprised to see how relaxed the calico she-cat seemed. Most leaders were stern, strict... high authorities that everyone should respect. But Lichenstar... she treated them like friends. The warrior smiled to herself at that thought. It was nice to have a leader like that to look up to.

When the older she-cat stopped near the river, Silvertooth took a quick curious glance at what caught the interest of the experienced cat. An odd fish, it seemed, almost looking that it was sent from Starclan to the Riverclan's leaders paws. When the break was announced and her clanmates were settling around, Silvertooth took an approach to Lichenstar, wondering about that strange fish. "Lichenstar, hi. Sorry if my question sounds dumb but... what kind of fish is that? I did not see it during my training and I'm certain that my mentor never talked to me about it. Is it some sort of... omen from Starclan?" The young she-cat looked up to the older one, honestly curious about this large prey she caught.
Back to top Go down
Night
tree lord
Night

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open]   So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 12:51 pm

For a moment she admired the fish's colorful scales, not unlike her own calico pelt. Upon digging into its meat, she found it just as tasty as it was beautiful. It tasted like a Greenleaf day, with a warm sun, lazy clouds, and time passing ever so slowly. Her favorite time of year. A greedier cat would've taken it all for themselves. Lichenstar's ears flicked at the sound of her name. Silvertooth's question did make her realize that... she didn't know what it was called either. Ah, well, names were such fleeting things. "I won't lie, I don't have a name for it. But, I know kittypets mention strange pets their Twolegs keep. Perhaps this one escaped." She nudged it toward the younger warrior, curious to see what she thought of it. "If it has no name, we can give it one. Although, I doubt Toadsong would be all too pleased if he found out we ate an 'omen from StarClan'." The faint trace of a smile crossed her face at the thought of messing with the no-funny-business medicine cat.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird

Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open]   So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2020 6:42 am

Lichenstar... was a lot different than Silvertooth was yet, she truly admired her. Her easy-going nature when talking, her honesty and sympathy. Even more different compared to the brute of Lightningstar. The dilute calico chuckled at the joke, laying down in a rock at a respectable yet near distance from the leader of Riverclan. "Hehe, I can already picture his face." She commented, looking at the other she-cat more relaxed. Despite the difference of ranks, the young warrior felt like she could talk to Lichenstar as she was a friend. "Maybe it isn't an omen but a gift to you. It has a really pretty mottled pattern, just like your fur. A good sign, maybe, for better times to come in your life."

Silvertooth looked to the river, with a thoughtful but calm expression. Despite the chilly climate, it was a nice day to patrol. Calm... peaceful... Her tail wrapped around her body as a short shiver ran through her spine. "I'm worried, Lichenstar. About Thunderclan..." She admitted, reminded the encounter they had at Sunningrocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open]   So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I ate a fish sandwich, drenched. [Open]
Page 1 of 1