Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

Is water wet? (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

Is water wet? (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 5:28 am

Waterkit was bored in the nursery and decided to go out of camp on an adventure. He heard from the other queens about a area with many water pools where kits learned how to swim. He thought that sounded fun so headed out in search the the pools.
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 10:32 am

Whitekit and his siblings had been lazing about in the nursery for quite a while. He could sense Waterkit getting restless. His other two siblings didn't really mind the current situation but his brother was not really one to put up with this. The young tom's worries soon became true when he felt Waterkit get up and quietly walk out of the nursery. He knew this wasn't going to end well if he didn't follow and look after him, wherever he may be going in the camp. There was no real way to dissuade his brother from going on his adventures so the next best thing was to keep an eye on him and protect him.

The white tom-kit looked over at the others and told them he'd go look after Waterkit before promptly exiting the den himself. Once he was a few tail lengths away from the nursery, he stopped and quickly scanned the area for any signs of the other tom. After a few moments, he spotted something that made him do a double take. Was Waterkit leaving the camp?! He waited a bit until he saw his brother leave his sight completely. He snapped out of his shocked state and raced after him, heart beating fast.

"Waterkit! You can't just leave camp. We aren't supposed to be out here until we're apprentices! You can get hurt out here..." Whitekit said once he caught up to Waterkit. The older's eyes held uncertainty as he looked around them. He tried to spot any immediate danger but when he saw none, he relaxed slightly. He then walked up to his brother's side before trying to steer him back to the camp's direction but seeing that Waterkit wasn't really budging much, he decided to stop them both where they stood. "We're gonna get lost if we go too far. Where were you trying to go out here anyway?" He really didn't know why his brother wanted to be out here but it must be someplace rather interesting if it garnered his curiosity.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 10:45 am

Waterkit was silently padding towards where he thought the water pools were when his brother came charging After him. Waterkit listened to his brother ramble and just ignored him as he tried to keep walking. When his brother tried to steer him back to camp was when the young white kit looked at his brother, “I want to go to the water pools and try to go swimming!”  He mewed not even caring about the rules. He would get there even if he had to take his brother back to do so.
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 11:02 am

"Swimming?! Now? Why are you all of a sudden interested in swimming?" sputtered the older kit as he walked faster to match Waterkit's pace. He really couldn't believe it. He knew his brother wasn't going to turn back until he did what he wanted so Whitekit was stuck following his lead. There was no way he'd leave him by himself out here. Hopefully they'd get there, Waterkit would have his fun, and then get home unnoticed and unharmed.

As a bit more time passed, Whitekit realized that it was their first time out of the camp. Did Waterkit even know where the water pools were? "Um...Ar-Do you even know where you're going?" he asked his brother, hoping for a solid yes.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 11:13 am

I’m bored and Elders told me swimming was fun so I wanted to give it a try.” He mewed and kept walking. He knew they were getting close and he looked at his brother when he asked a question. “The water pools are near the flooded bank which is near the river. I can hear the river so I am going in that direction and by my knowledge we should be there soon.” He finished saying as they walked through the leaves and into a big bank at the edge of the river with tiny pools everywhere. The river rushed by fast but the pools stayed slow and quiet. The prefect spot for swimming as a kit.
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Whitekit sighed. He shouldn't even be so surprised that Waterkit walked out of the camp. He was bound to do it at some point. His brother's little escapades usually start with the phrase "I'm bored" or "I was bored" then promptly followed by him disappearing from the nursery to go do whatever he pleased. The majority of those instances, Whitekit was by his side to keep him out of any dangerous trouble. The few times Waterkit went alone, he always returns fine. Still, he couldn't help but fear for him. He just wants him to be safe.

"If you're...sure. Don't swim for too long 'kay? We need to make sure we get back before anyone notices or we're in big trouble." he said softly as he looked towards pools. Whitekit pushed down the feeling of longing to swim too. He needed to be a lookout for Waterkit. He needed to make sure nothing bad approached them.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Waterkit ran to the pools and padded in and watched as his brother kept lookout. Waterkit wanted to call for his brother to join but knew it would do anything so he started to go to the deep end of the pool and start to move his paws in a swimming motion. He loved the feel of the water on his thick white fur as he swam around every few minutes smiling up at Whitekit.
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 1:43 pm

Whitekit trembled, claws kneading the ground. He had to resist but Waterkit was making it difficult each time he smiled up at him. The water...seemed like a lot of fun. Temptation finally won after a few more moments of standing. He wanted to join his brother. He just hoped that the clan wouldn't notice them gone and they would make it safely back. At least they knew the way.

He sighed before speaking, "Alright Waterkit. I-I'll join you. But let's not stay too long..." The corner of his mouth turned up slightly as he gained a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. He walked backwards for a bit before dashing forward. He landed in the pool with a splash, spraying Waterkit in the process. He then looked over and began to circle his brother, waiting to see what he would do.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 11:20 pm

Waterkit smiled as his brother joined in and smirked as he took the challenge. He started to splash his brother with water as he realized he loved water as much as he loved his brother. Of course, he wasn’t going to say that to anyone, but Whitekit was the one who always stayed with him and even sometimes took the fall if he broke a rule. Waterkit didn’t understand the point in rules and thought everyone should be free to do what they like. Like why are the clans separate and not one big clan with a big territory. Why did everyone have to stay in their own clans, what if someone fell in love with someone outside their clan. They get a punishment! For falling in love! Waterkit never understood and probably never will.

(Oof I started ranting.....)
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 3:43 am

It was like almost all of his worries vanished away the instant he touched the water. He felt giddy and playful. They exchanged splashes a couple more times before he saw Waterkit space out for a bit. The older stopped immediately, head tilted in curiosity as he observed his brother.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked suddenly. As he waited for a response, he scoured the area to make sure they were still safe to be here. He will never stop looking out for his siblings, even if they're all old elders. He felt that responsibility being the eldest. He didn't mind it though. He knew that one day, they'll all grow to be independent, starting their own journeys. They'll all be preoccupied with their lives but even then, Whitekit will try is best to be someone they know they can go to for comfort and safety.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 3:45 am

The stupid rules.” He mewed after he realized he was zoned out and Whitekit asked him a question. 

(Sorry this is short, I’m busy atm :3)
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 3:56 am

OOC: That's all fine! You can respond when you are able to or keep making them short. I'm going to get busier soon so my responses will either be delayed or short too. XD

IC: "What about them?" asked Whitekit, his curiosity at it's highest peak. Waterkit seemed to dislike something about the rules based on the expression he made when he was spaced out. He knew his brother wasn't one for the rules in general but this time, he seemed to show extra disfavor towards...something. This seemed to be a bit different.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 4:02 am

(Water is going to be in a forbidden so he better have a reason lol)

Waterkit looked at his brother. “Why do we all have to be seperated. Why can’t we be one big clan and be happy instead of always fighting.” He mewed.
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 6:21 pm

OOC: Oooo Who's he gonna be with? Also, I'm super sorry for the long delay. My dad came home from work and we went grocery shopping and did a few things around the house. Took a lot of my day. XD

IC: Whitekit's eyes widened at his brother's response. He was stumped on what to even say. He tilted his head and thought hard. Why were the clans separate? How exactly did the clans even start? He was sure some of the elders knew but for now, he had to give Waterkit some sort of answer. "To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure. My guess is that it may be because they don't always see eye to eye and that stops them from finding a way to peacefully come together. Or maybe, Starclan wants it this way for some reason..." The tom trailed off as he continued to ponder Waterkit's words some more. He hoped his response somewhat satisfied his brother for now. He new they'd be thinking about this for the rest of the day. He just hoped Waterkit wouldn't dwell on it too much.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 11:09 pm

(Lilypaw of Skyclan. Aka I’m going to have 4 cats related to BreezeBranch....)

Waterkit looked up at his brother and gave a slight nod. He swam towards the end of the tiny pool and hopped out. His poor white fur was stuck to his side in a crazy wet mess so he sat down to try and dry his fur out. He was still pondering his own question but was happy whitekit tried to find an answer also. Waterkit was known for not following the rules but that was just cause he never understood them.

(Awe, a part of me is in water ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 5:18 am

OOC: Oh wow! 4 cats related to Breezebranch? XD

IC: Whitekit followed behind his brother and stepped out  of the pool. He stretched slightly then sat down next to Waterkit to wait for his fur to dry. They sat in silence for a while, both lost in their own thoughts. It wasn't uncomfortable at all. Rather relaxing to be honest.

A few more minutes passed before Whitekit decided to speak, "Are...are you excited to become an apprentice? I know you aren't one to follow rules but getting taught to hunt and fight would be fun...Also, we should be getting back to camp soon since we're almost dry..." He hadn't noticed himself inching closer to Waterkit until he felt his shoulder bump into his brother's. He was very close to his family. He loved them dearly and was ready to become an apprentice as soon as possible so he can give more to the clan.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 5:49 am

Waterkit looked at his brother and then looked at his shoulder when it got bumped. “I don’t know, as an apprentice I would have more freedom but I wouldn’t see you that much anymore.” He said and got to his paws as his fur was dry. “Yes, let’s head back.” He mewed.
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 7:20 am

Whitekit felt touched. His brother just admitted that he would miss him. He couldn't help but warmly smile at that. He felt the same. It'll be tough for them to be seeing each other less and less but somehow, they'll make it work. He was sure of that.

"I know. We'll figure things out when the time comes. We're best brothers after all! Not even our future duties will separate us." He grinned at his brother as he began to lead them back to the camp but only to stop in his tracks. His eyes held a mischievous glint. "Race ya back to camp!" he said suddenly and without waiting, he sped off. He laughed the whole way.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 7:40 am

(I can easily see the two just cuddled up together at night as apprentices and warriors)

Waterkit smirked and ran after him, having the time of his life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is water wet? (Closed)   Is water wet? (Closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is water wet? (Closed)
Page 1 of 1