Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Empty
PostSubject: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2021 7:10 am

Birchpaw was organizing his herbs when he realized they were low on Coltsfoot. He knew Leafbare was already on them, but maybe there were some still alive. The only problem was he would have to go near the river to get them. He didn't think he had the will power to so he quickly looked around before spotting his mother.

Birchpaw padded towards her with an anxious look. "Mom, I have to go collect herbs at the river but I don't think I can go alone...I'm scared..." he mewed with teary eyes. He tried to show he was brave but even the mention of water made him burst into tears.

Last edited by FireDaisy on Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2021 12:44 pm

As Birchpaw approached her, she lifted a sad gaze up to him. She'd been upset ever since the Gathering, when she hadn't seen Softcloud. She'd been on edge since the fox attack, and she'd prayed desperately she'd see her friend at the Gathering. When she hadn't, it had put the RiverClan she-cat even more on edge. Her monochromatic son explained the situation, and she nudged him gently. "Of course I will, darling."

Glancing over her shoulder, she noticed Duckpaw. "Duckpaw, would you like to join us?" The cream tabby mewed, blinking kindly at him. Perhaps they could both overcome their fears.
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2021 1:33 pm

Duckpaw had been trying to look busy and helpful by moving the last of the residual snow to the side of the clearing when his mother called to him. He froze for a moment. No, he didn't want to go. But... The tiny snow pile was already moved so no excuse there. Not that is was much of a pile or hinderance anyway. And... Duckpaw let out a shaky sigh. He didn't want to disappoint her. He was supposed to be training to be a mighty warrior... Swallowing, the small black and white tom turned around with a nervous smile, "O-oh. S-sure, I-I guess I c-can come." Maybe with Mom it'd be okay.... Afterall, the Nursery had always been safe...
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 am

Birchpaw sighed as his mother agreed then his anxiety came back when his brother said he would join. What if he had a breakdown, making duckpaw have a breakdown! He didn't think his mother knew how to handle a cat in a breakdown! As they left camp, he tried to get rid of the anxiety he was having.

He did leave camp some times to gather herbs but he never went towards the river, Adderfeather even noticed so never assigned him near it. Wait! Why was he worried about himself! His brother was scared to even leave camp! He would need the most encouragement, even if it was bad. "We will be okay...I hope.." he mewed to his brother.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 1:00 pm

"You'll be fine, my little pikes. Nothing will happen to you while I'm here," She murmured lovingly, tenderly smiling a both her sons. Leading the way, Violetbriar calmly and slowly approached the river. She, herself, didn't like hunting in the river. Somehow, without fail, Violetbriar got injured while fishing. A Twoleg trap, an owl. It never seemed to fail.

Perhaps, as she wasn't fishing, she'd leave the river unscathed. A thin jagged circular scar surrounded her left paw, evidence of her struggle against the Twoleg trap moons ago as a freshly apprenticed kit. She still vividly remembered that day, and SkyClan's medicine cat, Mistedsong, rushing to help her. "I believe I know enough about herbs from Softcloud. It's a thin, tall little thing with yellow or white flowers, right? It prefers wet areas, if I'm remembering correctly."
Back to top Go down
Sleepykitty

Sleepykitty

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 11:35 am

Duckpaw inaudibly mumbled something in response to Birchpaw as he reluctantly padded out of camp after his mom and brother. The moment he was out of camp, he kept close to the pair, at all times barely a whisker length from either one or the other. The constant feeling of being watched wasn't as bad in a group but the ever present fear remained. His low ears simultaneously trying to flatten and perk on high alert. The sounds of running water alerted him to the presence of the river. Tail curling around his hind leg he crept on with the group, licking his lips anxiously. It's okay. Mom is here. Mom will protect us. Despite being on herb patrol, Duckpaw wasn't sure what he was supposed to be looking for. Yellow and white flowers? He could... try looking around...
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 3:31 am

Birchpaw nodded in agreement at his mother's description of the herbs. He tried too hard to get his mind off the fact that they were nearing the river, even trying to block out the sound of rushing water. As his mother and brother looking for the herbs, birchpaw was trying not to show how bad he really was. Flashes of water and waves were all he could see and even now his senses started to go back to that day. His breaths became ragged as his lungs tried to get air, his head in serious pain as it remembered hitting the rock, his mouth and nose gasping for air, and finally, as his eyes had him seeing under the water, his panic attack started.

His body shook as he gasped for air, tears falling down from the pain in his head and lungs. He tried to think of something else but suddenly it was like he was back in the river, drowning. He couldn't hear his brother or mother anymore, only hearing the rushing water of the river on that day. Without realizing it, he was curled up in a ball, shivering and shaking.

(Hope I did okay, first time doing a panic attack)
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 2:39 am

Violetbriar acted instantly. Lunging for Birchpaw, she grabbed his scruff, and dragged him away. "Duckpaw, get away from the water!" She yowled, her pale cream fur spiked. The cream tabby curled around her calico son, licking his head gently. "Shh, shh.. It's okay, I'm here." Violetbriar reassured him, trying to comfort him. In truth, she wasn't sure how. All Violetbriar knew was that Birchpaw was stressed and the river had caused it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)   The panicked Coltsfoot (closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The panicked Coltsfoot (closed)
Page 1 of 1