Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

The Way She Goes [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cat5

cat5

Gemini Goat

The Way She Goes [closed] Empty
PostSubject: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2020 6:56 am

Disgruntled and annoyed, the she-cat had left the camp, dragging along a random apprentice to help her as she went out on a small patrol. Her mother and her had had a disagreement over whether or not she was bringing all she could to the clan, citing her kit-like behavior and minimal kills to add to the pile. Her father had said nothing. Thrushpaw dug her claws into the cold earth, whose snowmelt covered the thick fur on her paws in such a manner that it forced her to slow down and look at where she placed her paws.

In her angry haze, she had snapped at a random cat to come with her to prove that she was pulling her weight, and could do well on a patrol that she watched over herself. Looking down at her filthy paws, then over to the moors which Windclan took in with such dismissiveness during Leafbare, she sighed. Finally she turned to the cat she had so angrily dragged along. Rimepaw. Turning to face him, she blinked hard- a gust of wind attacked her, and she reflexively coiled back. Realizing this made her look like she was disgusted with him, she frantically apologized. "Ah- sorry, uh," she began, immediately coughing and dipping her head in embarassment. "Shall we do an actual patrol now? I figure I didn't say much aside from snapping at you to join me."
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 5:25 am

Rimepaw was already bored when he'd been accosted by his fellow apprentice, so he was not exactly bothered to be going on a patrol. However, the manner of asking was.. uncouth, to say the least. He was a little bit cowed by the vibe of the she-cat, though, so he chose to stay quiet until actually addressed. When she recoiled upon looking at him, he frowned-- was there something on his face?-- but then he remembered the wind that had blown up the fur on the back of his neck. "It's okay," he meowed, trying to be patient; he'd had his fair share of bad days, especially with such a stickler of a father as Spinestalker. "I'd like that. I wasn't really doing a whole lot anyway." Rimepaw regarded Thrushpaw with a look of slight concern, tilting his head slightly. "What had you so riled up, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
http://cxndyr.deviantart.com
cat5

cat5

Gemini Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 7:17 am

Thrushpaw nodded, glad to find Rimepaw so agreeable today. She'd certainly been wrong about him before- there was no reason to judge someone just because they've had some bad days. When asked, she looked away. "Just my parents, bugging me about my performance. I'm not doing as good as they want me to." The she-cat sighed quickly, trying to get over it. "But that doesn't matter- since we're both bored, let's have some fun with it. How about we make a game out of this patrol, huh?" She smirked, hoping Rimepaw would agree. The playful cat was completely fed up with all this stress, this was a perfect concept now.

She pranced through the thin snow and snowmelt, making her way to the 'flowering fields' as they were called. She shook out her heavy fur, stretching a bit, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 9:24 am

Rimepaw nodded, fully understanding the feeling. "My father can be pretty harsh, but he just wants me to be the best warrior I can be," he meowed. He tilted his head with curiosity, ears flopping a little. "That could be fun, what kind of game?" The apprentice had been getting sick of having to be serious all the time. It was very much in his nature to be cold and calculating, but fun wasn't against the warrior code.
Back to top Go down
cat5

cat5

Gemini Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 1:10 pm

"Yeah," Thrushpaw responded, though she could admit the idea of their parents wanting them to be 'the best they can be' often proved to be frustrating at the least, and made her wanting of... release at the most. Which helped here. The fields provided a little bit of calm as she considered a game. Ah.

"Well, I'll tell you. But I have to make a request first," her natural ways slowly returning amidst her anger, she curled her lips back and readied her haunches. "Race me to the tallest rock on the moors!" To the northeast lay their destination, the second tallest rock in all of Windclans territory second only to Tallrock itself. Despite the cold, her energy warmed her up as she ran through the snow, feeling finally free as she soared. She hoped Rimepaw was up for this, as she was already a tree lengths distance from him.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 7:54 am

Rimepaw took a second to process what the other apprentice had said before taking off himself. His absurdly long legs gave him a borderline unnatural amount of speed, so he looked forward to seeing what he was able to do in an all-out race. He'd caught up to a rabbit before, so he was sure he could catch up with Thrushpaw, if not for the considerable jump-start she'd gotten. He could see the rock just over a hill, the warmth from running finally reaching his chilled bones, and he pushed himself to go just that little bit more quickly. He nearly ran into the rock, brushing it with his whiskers as he barreled to a stop just past it, turning to see where his companion had ended up and saw her just coming to a stop behind him. "How was that?" Rimepaw panted, a smile in his voice, glad to have finally lived up to his WindClan speed in an actual race after Spiderspark had challenged him just after he'd been apprenticed.
Back to top Go down
cat5

cat5

Gemini Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 4:00 am

Despite her brave claims, she knew her large and heavy stature kept her from winning this race. Her family line was of cats who admired the moors, better for tunneling- this was evident in her body type. In this day and age, it proved to be a great disadvantage within her clan, but was a great, surprising advantage in battles, since most Windclan cats were thin and slender and would easily bend under pressure.

As her paws stopped in the slick wetness of the snowmelt, she fell forward, her face a hairs length away from the ground before she caught herself, just before the rock. She panted, heaving a bit as she processed his question. She eyed him cockily, her signature smirk returning. "Hmm. Bad for me. But it's always just luck for anyone else, I know I'm good," she teased, shaking out her pelt and stretching to come down from the run.

"Now," she began, raising her chin towards her fellow apprentice. "I believe it's time for that game I'd promised. You've played'clans' before, yeah? Now let's add something to that while we patrol. How about we add in a prey factor. I hide, you search for me, then when you find me, we battle. And then your turn. How's that sound?" The playful cat was great at finding new ways to entertain herself, a naturally bored yet easily excitable cat. She eagerly waited for the more serious cat to answer.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2020 4:43 am

Watching Thrushpaw nearly faceplant made the panting apprentice huff out a chuckle, but he did not comment on it. At her words, Rimepaw nodded, recalling the game he'd played most frequently as a kit. "I can get behind that," he meowed thoughtfully. He pondered the hiding places around; most of them were either coated in snow and snowmelt, or full of gorse or rock. "I can't see it being very hard to find you, though we'll see. I call WindClan." The normally serious cat was also very competitive, and he definitely enjoyed a challenge when presented; this would be fun.
Back to top Go down
cat5

cat5

Gemini Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:39 am

Smiling at Rimepaw's acceptance of her offer, she hopped up a bit onto her haunches and stretched a bit, getting ready to fight. "Hmph, I call Thunderclan then," she said, though obviously she had wanted to be her own clan. "Turn around then, I'll go first, wait a bit and then find me," the she-cat began, and without a moments notice ran off to find her spot. Thankfully the melting snow would cover her tracks a bit, but she knew it was easily trackable. She skipped over some rocks and dead grass patches between the snowmelt, scattering her traces. She made her way to a small wall of rocks that looked fairly inconspicuous. She dove behind it, waiting for Rimepaw to search for her.
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 am

Rimepaw turned around, counting in his head to twenty before whirling back around and trotting off in the direction he'd heard Thrushpaw run off in. He saw a pawprint here and there in the mud and snow, following the tracks for a little while until he saw movement in the distance behind one of the bigger rocks on the moors. The apprentice leaped over the rock, hoping to land on top of Thrushpaw and instead finding himself bouncing off of a mound of orange and white fur. Rimepaw yowled in surprise, rapidly flipping onto his feet to face the fox he'd accidentally jump-scared. "Thrushpaw! Help!" he called, hoping to not have to fight the fox alone. The apprentice lashed out with his claws at the growling fox's face. The fox immediately retaliated with its own, clawing Rimepaw across the shoulder.

Rimepaw used Claws & Teeth, dealing 4 + 6 damage to the fox.

Fox used Talons or Fangs, dealing 8 damage to Rimepaw.

Rimepaw: 22/30 HP

Fox: 50/60 HP

Last edited by Asher on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 am

The member 'Asher' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Battle Dice' : 6
Back to top Go down
cat5

cat5

Gemini Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:30 am

Thrushpaw waited patiently for her friend to find her, and she giggled softly as she heard pawsteps trotting towards a rock about a tree's length away from her. She peeked over the rock a bit to see what was going on before she noticed a flash of orange fur and Rimepaw's body jerking. She couldn't see well but she hopped over her rock as soon as she heard him call for help. Terrified, she unsheathed her claws and leapt onto the fox just as it landed a blow on Rimepaw's shoulder. She attempted to pin it down, but she slipped off, her weight dragging her off as she had landed awkwardly. She yowled in pain as the fox grabbed hold on her front leg, blood quickly drawn and skin tightening. In an attempt to stop the foxes attack, she struck it hard with her back paws, claws ripping at its face and neck. "Rimepaw, pin it down- Agh!" She squeaked out, as the foxes attention had been taken off of the tom.

Thrushpaw used Claws and Teeth, dealing 4+1 damage to the fox. An additional +2 for Vulnerability.

Fox used Iron Grasp, dealing 4 damage to Thrushpaw.

Thrushpaw: 26/30 HP

Fox: 43/60 HP

Last edited by cat5 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:44 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:30 am

The member 'cat5' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Battle Dice' : 1
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 am

Rimepaw hissed at the fox, slashing at its sides, trying to get to its underbelly to hopefully get it to let go of Thrushpaw.

Rimepaw used Claws and Teeth, dealing 4 + 6 damage to the fox. An additional +2 for vulnerability.

Fox: 31/60 HP

Last edited by Asher on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
cat5

cat5

Gemini Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 am

Thankful for Rimepaw's action, Thrushpaw hissed weakly at the fox, hoping that might intimidate it, but knowing deep down it would not. She kicked and scratched at the foxes neck more, but its teeth dug in deeper as she moved around. She drew blood on its neck, however, and she prayed to Starclan its injuries would get to it and it would leave. She knew they had messed up by scaring it, but... Would it let them live? She trashed more but the pain made her weaker.

Thrushpaw used Claws and Teeth, dealing 4+2. An additional +2 for Vulnerability. (8 Damage)

Fox used Iron Grasp, dealing +3 Damage (Turn)

Thrushpaw: 23/30 HP

Fox: 23/60 HP

Last edited by cat5 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 am

The member 'cat5' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Battle Dice' : 2
Back to top Go down
Asher
patriarch of dairy
patriarch of dairy
Asher

Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 am

The fox cried out, blood dripping onto Thrushpaw. "It's getting weaker!" Rimepaw exclaimed, sinking his teeth into the side of the fox's neck and trying to pull it off of Thrushpaw.

Rimepaw used Claws and Teeth, dealing 4 + 6 damage to the fox. An additional +2 for vulnerability.

Fox: 11/60 HP

The fox fled.

Rimepaw threw the fox off of Thrushpaw, and it ran away leaving a trail of blood. "Are you okay? Can you move or should I go get Swiftstream?" he meowed worriedly, adrenaline causing him to forget his own wounds.

Last edited by Asher on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoneteller

Stoneteller

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 am

Back to top Go down
cat5

cat5

Gemini Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 12:11 pm

Thrushpaw 's leg was hurting really badly now, and blood was gushing consistently... The crimson color was entrancing and she felt herself unable to attack the fox any more. She went limp in the fox's jaws, hoping it would give her mercy. Her leg certainly wasn't broken, but she wasn't used to this sort of pain and she began to whimper as her body laid in the snowmelt. But she soon heard Rimepaw speak, and quickly the fox let go, but it ripped more skin and fur off on its way. She cried out in pain, but got onto her other three paws. The big, fluffy she-cat appeared fragile and small now, terrified and injured.

"I-," she began, testing her leg, before shutting her eyes tightly. Grunting through the pain, she replied, "I can walk. Let's go quickly though, it hurts."

Thrushpaw: 20/30 HP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Way She Goes [closed]   The Way She Goes [closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Way She Goes [closed]
Page 1 of 1