Fate of the Warriors

Set in the universe of Erin Hunter's Warrior Cat Series in an alternate universe.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to Fate of the Warriors! Please make sure to read the rules.
The winter solstice has occurred! Winter has officially descended upon the forest, bringing snowfall and danger hidden around every corner.
Gatherings take place on the first of the month! Medicine Cat Meetings take place on the 15th!
For all of those interested in a higher-rank, keep an eye out! There's going to plenty of mixing up in the near future.
selling bathwater hmu - oryx
stormy: the official fertility goddess of FOTW

A Black Raven (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

A Black Raven (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 4:10 am

Blackclaw padded towards Ravenpaw with a smile. “Time to test your knowledge.” He mewed as he got different herbs and put them in front of him.

(I know this isn’t a requirement but it’s always good to know ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Windwillow

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 11:16 pm

Ravenkit nodded, staring at the pile of herbs in front of her. “I know we’ve gone through a few when I was still a kit, but I think it’s good to know more.” She grinned at her mentor. “I’m ready.”
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 11:43 pm

Good, ok whats this one?” He said putting a purple flower with leaves in front of her. He knew this herb was going to be significant to the two and was happy to see it was the first herb she would learn.
Back to top Go down
Windwillow

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 11:47 pm

OOC: I’m guessing that would be lavender or borage? Though borage has blue flowers. If I get it wrong I can edit it.

Ravenpaw looked at the herb, sniffing it. A sweet smelling scent entered her nose, and her eyes widened. “Wow...this smells good...is it...uh...lavender?” She asked, slightly confused. Purple flower...purple flower... Ravenpaw wracked her brain, trying to find an answer.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Yes this is lavender. This is the same flower that had the raven feather on it telling me about you being my apprentice.” He mewed than gave her the blue flower one.
Back to top Go down
Windwillow

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:00 am

“I like lavender. It smells good.” As Blackclaw set a blue flower in front of her, her eyes immediately recognized it. “Borage! It’s chewed into pulp to heal rat bites!” She grinned triumphantly, hoping she got it right.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:03 am

Yes, Don’t forget its also used to help queen’s milk be stronger.” he mewed than took the flowers back and pawed Arrow-head shaped leaves with pale white or pink trumpet shaped flowers towards her. “Now what are these and what are they used for.” He said to her.
Back to top Go down
Windwillow

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:17 am

OOC: Not really sure since the herbs it’s doesn’t give any clues of what it looks like.

Ravenpaw tilted her head, trying to remember her training. She frowned, then shook her head. “I dont know...I dont think Ive seen this before...what is it used for?” She asked Blackclaw, sniffing it slightly. The flowers were pretty, for sure, but she learned that looks could deceive.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:21 am

These aren’t really used for haling by they still have a imprortance. This is Bindweed, it Fastens sticks to broken legs to keep them in place. They make sure the leg doesn’t move around while it heals.” He mewed smiling at her. He then handed two different kinds of small leaves.

(Blackberry and raspberry leaves, Raven needs to know the difference)
Back to top Go down
Windwillow

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:24 am

Ravenpaw frowned. “Hmm...I guess the prickly one is the blackberry and the more soft but jagged one is raspberry. Raspberry helps with pain and blackberry help with bee stings when chewed.” Ravenpaw blinked a bit, thinking again. Once she was sure which one was which, she nodded. “Yep. I’m sure.”

OOC: Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:28 am

Correct, now you can never get these missed up cause raspberry leaves are given to kits since they can’t have poppy seeds.” He mewed and then took the leaves back. He pawed over a green stem with green fluffy balls on top of it. “What’s this used for?” He asked.

(Catchweed)
Back to top Go down
Windwillow

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:30 am

Ravenpaw looked at the herb. It was fuzzy and had burrs on it. Burrs...catchweed! Ravenpaw thought. “I believe that that plant is catchweed, and I think the burrs are to prevent poultices to be rubbed off. In other words, the poultice stays on longer.”
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:36 am

Correct, your getting better at this.” He mewed with a big smile. He took the catchweed and grabbed the next herb. It was a yellow flower with four leaves.

(Celandine)
Back to top Go down
Windwillow

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:41 am

Ravenpaw knew this herb. “Celandine. It’s pretty.” She racked her brains to find what it was used for. “Celandine...celandine...oh! It’s something about the eyes...which help elders a lot...I think it soothes weakened eyes?” Celandine was perfect to be used on elders, since their eyesight would cause certain problems when they grew old.

OOC: After this herb training, should they go on a herb hunt?
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 1:03 am

Correct, it’s used to soothe damaged eyes so not just used on elders.” He mewed than looked around and grabbed purple-blue berries. “Last one.” He mewed.

(Juniper berries)
Back to top Go down
Windwillow

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 1:24 am

Juniper berries. Those Ravenpaw would never forget, because they were very important. “Juniper berries. They soothe bellyaches, give strength, help with troubled breathing, and can calm cats. Can this be a sustitute for thyme?” She asked Blackclaw, wondering if it could. Then, she could use juniper berries instead of thyme to calm cats down.
Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 1:31 am

Yes, but thyme is stronger, you have learned enough for today, later I will take you on a herb patrol so make sure you remember these.” He mewed and started to put the herbs away.

(I will make it later when my iPad isn’t dead)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Black Raven (Closed)   A Black Raven (Closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Black Raven (Closed)
Page 1 of 1